Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SurferJoes

Suspended
May 12, 2020
If anyone is interested, Verizon has various models of the black folio case on sale for $52.

Here’s a link to the 11 pro case.

What bargain. Did you get one? Great case, they are $199 here i got mine for $95, about what they should be really.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
What bargain. Did you get one? Great case, they are $199 here i got mine for $95, about what they should be really.
No, I didn’t. I almost did then when I was about to pay for it, I remembered my nomad folio case that I paid $80 for and never use. I’ll probably use the Apple folio case for a week and then go back to my regular non-folio Apple case. I’m sooooooo tempted though.

SurferJoes

Suspended
May 12, 2020
No, I didn’t. I almost did then when I was about to pay for it, I remembered my nomad folio case that I paid $80 for and never use. I’ll probably use the Apple folio case for a week and then go back to my regular non-folio Apple case. I’m sooooooo tempted though.

I have both the folio and regular in black, folio has a much nicer feel to it and sleep wake is great, i had the folio for ipX too. I wouldn't pay full price but at those prices no brainer. You can't get the black from apple here anymore for some reason only the other colours which i would never buy anyway.

jlyaamu

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2018
I’m done counting weeks LoL—6 months. I’m bored and want another color. The green still looks fantastic though.

2D76A430-86EA-42E9-843B-E01378815E27.jpeg

E67C2523-0267-4B21-A408-C43E39DEBD1A.jpeg

jlyaamu

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2018
I love how Forest Green retains its color and doesn’t just turn black. You should get Product Red
Product red is definitely an option. I enjoyed that color last year on my XS Max. I wasn’t really feeling the saddle brown when I had it. If I can find it for a discount I’ll probably pull the trigger. I picked up the green on amazon for almost 50% off.

s2k_esoj

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2019
Product red is definitely an option. I enjoyed that color last year on my XS Max. I wasn’t really feeling the saddle brown when I had it. If I can find it for a discount I’ll probably pull the trigger. I picked up the green on amazon for almost 50% off.
That sounds like a steal! Considering Forest Green has probably been the most popular this year. I switch between saddle brown and Forest green on and off, but I’m also considering Product Red just trying to find a good deal also

Reactions: jlyaamu

s2k_esoj

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2019
Just a quick update on how gorgeous this Patina is starting to look on the saddle brown color. My favorite part about this case will always be the more it gets beat and protects the beautiful finish of my Midnight Green 11 Pro Max, the better it just keeps looking.
998CDCEE-8428-4F8C-8D79-59A8685D45F8.jpeg
0CBCBFEF-0CB4-4007-AAD7-897E3AFE6785.jpeg

Last edited:

iApple_man

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2015
Midwest
The yellow after 25 days. See bottom corners. I was expecting different but it’s not bad. Saddle browns are made for patina. Maybe the red too at least the 11 pro/pro max red leather.

Attachments

• 8D6C1304-DA3D-4484-9F88-5BE2AA0A08AC.jpeg
    8D6C1304-DA3D-4484-9F88-5BE2AA0A08AC.jpeg
    728.7 KB · Views: 237
Reactions: JamiLynee

Kimquat

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2020
Off topic here. Has anyone used plasti dip on their phone case (non-leather phone case)? Just curious if anyone knows any harmful effects with plasti dipping the case since we touch our phone so often. Thanks

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Off topic here. Has anyone used plasti dip on their phone case (non-leather phone case)? Just curious if anyone knows any harmful effects with plasti dipping the case since we touch our phone so often. Thanks

No, but I use it on my truck. Not sure it would work so well on a case that is flexible and subject to “sharp” objects, as it tends to “scratch” easily unless you put a ton of coats on. It can also be difficult to clean.

Kimquat

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2020
I have read somewhere that it won’t last long because the phone case would constantly be rubbing against something and the oil on our hands will make the case peel. I am just more concerned to see if anyone knows if there are chemicals on it that are bad for our touches since we touch our phone a lot.

Maximilian Vogl

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2020
Munich, Bavaria
Hi all together! As many of you I am also a very big fan of the Apple leather cases. Now I have the iPhone 11 for a couple of weeks together with the silicone case and its all very nice and well but I miss the leather case I had on my X. Does anybody know a leather case for the 11 which comes really close to the original Apple ones? Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Hi all together! As many of you I am also a very big fan of the Apple leather cases. Now I have the iPhone 11 for a couple of weeks together with the silicone case and its all very nice and well but I miss the leather case I had on my X. Does anybody know a leather case for the 11 which comes really close to the original Apple ones? Thanks in advance and have a nice day!
Here are a few that you may want to look at. Bullstrap, nomad, vaja, sena and Burkley. They all make nice leather cases with Bullstrap being the closest that resembles the Apple leather cases.

markp-a

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Here are a few that you may want to look at. Bullstrap, nomad, vaja, sena and Burkley. They all make nice leather cases with Bullstrap being the closest that resembles the Apple leather cases.

I have had good luck with the used Apple cases they sell on amazon. Just returned one someone thought were not perfect or did not want. Mine have all been original Apple and less than 1/2 price.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I have had good luck with the used Apple cases they sell on amazon. Just returned one someone thought were not perfect or did not want. Mine have all been original Apple and less than 1/2 price.
I’ve seen those as well. The guestion was; what leather cases are recommended for the 11. To bad Apple doesn’t make a leather case for the 11.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Are those corners where you tend to rest your tiny finger, when holding the case?
I have a yellow case, too (Apple official), but have not used it in a few weeks. Mine is a little 'dirty'.

The yellow after 25 days. See bottom corners. I was expecting different but it’s not bad. Saddle browns are made for patina. Maybe the red too at least the 11 pro/pro max red leather.

Reactions: JamiLynee

s2k_esoj

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2019
Hello everyone! I need a little bit of help. My current rotation is Forest Green & Saddle Brown. I’ve been thinking about adding new color to the rotation. I’m stuck between the black leather case and Product Red.What do you guys think I should go with?

Jacob_116

macrumors regular
Nov 19, 2019
Hello everyone! I need a little bit of help. My current rotation is Forest Green & Saddle Brown. I’ve been thinking about adding new color to the rotation. I’m stuck between the black leather case and Product Red.What do you guys think I should go with?
I like the red. especially the way it ages. Black is just “eh” to me

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I might consider red just not too convinced on that camera cut out looks on midnight green
I’ve used the red case for a straight 75 days and it ages nicely in some areas and in other areas it just turned black. It looks like the leather flaked off of the case, but it hasn’t. It’s just the appearance that’s given in those black parts of the case. The rest has turned into a nice burgundy color though.

I am currently using the black leather case that’s been on my phone for about 2 weeks now. I must say, yes it’s not flashy and it doesn’t stand out, but it’s the best feeling leather case out of all the ones I’ve tried excluding the green. I’ve had 3 saddle brown cases, 1 yellow, 1 red and the black and none feel as good as the black case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.