Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZombiePete

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
San Antonio, TX
I bought a silicone case today, and I have a leather one on its way.

Personally, I was surprised at how soft and slippery the silicone case is; I thought it would be grippier and have a more rubbery texture. It almost feels powdered. I really wanted the case to be as grippy as possible because I feel like with the Plus I'm going to be juggling the phone a lot to reach different areas of the screen when doing things one-handed.

I like the look of the leather case a lot better, but I can't comment on the grippiness of it yet. I'm hoping it's even just a little better than the silicone case. One nice feature of the leather case that I believe is going to really make it the better of the two is the fact that it will age and wear over time, giving it a unique character. I love leather; so it's the case I really want.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I have the leather (black and brown) and they feel great! They look very nice as well. The case really dresses the iphone up well. I haven't been able to touch the silicone case yet, but have seen them...

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Apple store had a display leather case and a silicone case, after touching the leather case, didn't like it and went with the silicone case. But I'm waiting for my real case from Spigen to come.

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
Leather. Felt both and there was no comparison. The leather is a nice touch. Soft yet tacky enough. You won't regret it.

jaw3net

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I prefer the silicone case. The store I went to didn't have any left so I ended up buying the black leather case. Ordered the black silicone online.

Sikh

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2011
I was going to get a case unt I held the apple leather one and I fell in love. Being using it all day and love it.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
I went to get my case today as the Spigen one I had on order from Amazon failed to arrive, again.

I had no preconceptions about which case I was going to get so I wanted to try a few.

Luckily the guy in the store was happy to let me unbox cases as I was letting him play with my 6+ (no jokes thank you ;) ) as they hadn't seen one in the flesh yet.

I tried a couple of third party, both silicone and hard plastic and both the Apple leather and silicone cases.

I settled on the black Apple leather case. It feels really nice in the hand and I was surprised at just how little bulk it added to the iPhone compared to some others.

So yeah, another vote for the Apple leather case.

kauffee

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2007
Tried both leather and silicone in the store and you can't go wrong with either. The leather feels very nice, for sure.

I ended up with the silicone actually. The Apple silicone feels so much higher quality than the usual silicone and plastic cases from 3rd parties. I was really impressed with it. It was grippier than the leather right off the rack, though if the 5S leather cases are any indication the leather gets grippier over time.

Bottom line you can't go wrong... Both really high quality cases.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I went through 2 red leather apple cases on my 5s and both turned black on the edges after a very short amount of time. Eventually I traded for a black case and was more than happy with it. For the 6 Plus I was gutted to see Apple had left the bottom exposed, so bought a spigen case. Ended up not being happy with the bulk the spigen added so looked into the apple leather and silicone cases again. Vowing only to ever get a black leather case again, I was intending to get the black case but then saw the midnight blue and loved it. It's dark enough so that when edges do turn black it won't be that noticeable, but is also a very nice colour. My advice is if you want a case that isn't dark, get the silicone. If you want a leather case, get the black or midnight blue. Any other colour leather case, and in 2 weeks it WILL start to look a mess :(

Ke1ington

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2009
Can someone post some pictures of the Apple leather case on the 6? I've been using it on my 5s over the past year and have been very happy with it but I'm a little worried about how the exposed bottom is going to look. The ones in the Apple store app only show a front view.

Sad that they had to change it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.