Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

syuketron

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2015
Have anyone tried whether travel / hotel cards still work inside the wallet or do I need to take out the card before tapping the terminal? I know that Apple mentioned that they have some protection against magnets to make sure our cards don't get destroyed, I'm assuming that this is the side which is in contact with the phone.

I like how the wallet look, but wanna make sure it fits for my purpose before biting the bullet.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
Have anyone tried whether travel / hotel cards still work inside the wallet or do I need to take out the card before tapping the terminal? I know that Apple mentioned that they have some protection against magnets to make sure our cards don't get destroyed, I'm assuming that this is the side which is in contact with the phone.

I like how the wallet look, but wanna make sure it fits for my purpose before biting the bullet.
I would assume not, cards probably don’t work inside the wallet to avoid Apple Pay conflicts.

Reactions: syuketron

AGuerrav

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2012
Medellin, Colombia
Pre-ordered day 1, shipped a week ago, but finally arrived today - so far so good!
Won't replace my full wallet but is a nice quick snap-on option for lighter trips out. Training myself to detach it and slide the cards via the hole in the back - seems the best way to do it.

sHAPIaC.jpg
How many cards inside?

Reactions: eagleglen

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Saw some local stores with all colors except saddle brown in stock today and tomorrow. Just a psa to check near you if you’re on the hunt.

ipos

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2011
does apple wallet stick on otterbox symmetry case? if so, does it detach off easily?

Last edited:
Reactions: Joedown53

flowuk

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2020
Anyone ordering the official saddle brown wallet from Amazon beware - the one I received was black. Looking at the Amazon reviews it seems other people have received black by mistake too.

CrashKC

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2020
For those who may be waiting for an online order, but rather get it now: All of my local stores restocked today so it might be worth checking if your store has some for in store pickup. I myself am really on the fence about it. Initially to me it was a hard no. But I've seen a lot of good reviews lately so I was convinced. But then just now I was thinking of how I could make it work and I can get all my necessary debit and credit cards and ID, but then I remembered about my health insurance card. Do any of you have a suggestion of some app that lets me put my wholesale club cards or insurance cards digitally? Thanks in advance.
Take a photo of your insurance card, front and back. Store it on your phone in an album with anything else you might need a picture of that you used to keep in your wallet

Ds6778

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2016
I’m thinking I’m gonna try and use ApplePay as my “day to day” means of purchasing. I will keep my main wallet in the car and keep my ID and a backup card in the MagSafe wallet. We will see how it goes.

Reactions: miamialley

urinal_cake

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2020
Anyone else not get the magsafe prompt when attaching the wallet with a case on? Separately attached I get the prompts (phone + wallet, phone + case), just not together (phone + case + wallet)

In the video reviews I've seen, it pops up with the silicone and leather cases on. I have a Mini with the clear case. Both case and wallet purchased from Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.