Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
They aren't even listed on the UK Amazon site apart from the Saddle Brown and thats out of stock. Interestingly, all the retail stores within 50 miles of me have all colours available for pick up so i might pick up the Poppy Cal on Saturday

LongWayHome

Suspended
Oct 18, 2020
I purchased one at my local Apple store but am going to return it. Taking the wallet on and off constantly to remove cards and to charge it became much more of a pain than I thought it would. I like the concept but not being able to remove the cards without taking it off just wasn't for me.

Reactions: VSMacOne

PaulKemp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2009
Norway
Last edited:

Mcgehee

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2020
Texas
Anyone order an Apple Leather Wallet on preorder day?!

I got the black leather wallet for my silver iPhone!

Hopefully this holds more than two cards and some folded cash. I don’t really intend to use it all that much on the iPhone
What brand, does it have a magnetic closures?

Mcgehee

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2020
Texas
thinking of getting the wallet just for those times when I need to take a physical ID with me, so it will only be used from time to time. Default off, but when I need my ID, it will be in the wallet.

Are there any 3rd party faux leather wallets announced or available now?

edit: found this thread where 3rd party wallets are discussed :)
I wanted to grab one too, but i'm a bit concern on how many cards it can hold, and how secure it will keep the card(s) in place.
Will it be bulky if you put cards in your leather case?

Mcgehee

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2020
Texas
I don’t think the magnet will be strong enough to hold the wallet thru the case.

MagSafe charging will work thru a normal case, it might not just stick as much. MagSafe works on older iPhones so, I’m sure this will work too
It should work

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
I picked up the wallet and love it. Suits my needs perfectly which I think is the trick...I knew straight away it was what I needed. I used to carry a full wallet around but only ever use the same two cards over and over. Now I can carry them without the bulk. And I won't necessarily attach the wallet to the phone all the time but treat it as a separate entity. However once that has the convenience that it does attach, when I need.

I think it's a relatively niche product and will suit those who know they will see benefit, rather than buying it then trying to make it fit.

As an aside. Last night I thought I'd already lost it. Spent half an hour looking round the house before remembering I'd stuck it to my magnetic notice board in the kitchen 🙈

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
I have already sent back one MagSafe wallet due to horrible saggy leather on the front portion but the one I picked up today is fantastic. I was worried that all of these reports of the magnets being too weak were in fact true but unless I got a wallet with superior magnets I say that is totally false.

The wallet attaches securely (better with a case but also good with naked phone). The magnets are strong enough to very much keep it falling off accidentally but the wallet is easily removed with a firm push to the left or right.

I’ve carried a small leather wallet around for years that’s full of crap. I never carry cash, everything is on the same two cards now. I now have my two debit cards and my ID in the MagSafe and I feel it’s a perfect fit for my needs. Blue on blue looks awesome too!
4bc98256bc7e44ecc3cd95a3a8d0d50c.jpg

In my opinion, even if MagSafe is removed from future devices, I can see myself carrying this around as a stand alone wallet. Lovely and compact.

I would also like to point out that skinny jeans are what I wear everyday and I’ve had zero issues with this thing falling off while putting the phone in my pocket.

Antomir

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2020
For those who may be waiting for an online order, but rather get it now: All of my local stores restocked today so it might be worth checking if your store has some for in store pickup. I myself am really on the fence about it. Initially to me it was a hard no. But I've seen a lot of good reviews lately so I was convinced. But then just now I was thinking of how I could make it work and I can get all my necessary debit and credit cards and ID, but then I remembered about my health insurance card. Do any of you have a suggestion of some app that lets me put my wholesale club cards or insurance cards digitally? Thanks in advance.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
For those who may be waiting for an online order, but rather get it now: All of my local stores restocked today so it might be worth checking if your store has some for in store pickup. I myself am really on the fence about it. Initially to me it was a hard no. But I've seen a lot of good reviews lately so I was convinced. But then just now I was thinking of how I could make it work and I can get all my necessary debit and credit cards and ID, but then I remembered about my health insurance card. Do any of you have a suggestion of some app that lets me put my wholesale club cards or insurance cards digitally? Thanks in advance.
I store most of my cards digitally in my Apple wallet on my phone including my health insurance card. The only physical cards I carry with me are my license, debit card and a spare emergency credit card. I probably could ditch both the debit and credit cards since they’re also in my digital wallet. I just fear that I’ll need to pay for something and Apple Pay isn’t available.

Antomir

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2020
I store most of my cards digitally in my Apple wallet on my phone including my health insurance card. The only physical cards I carry with me are my license, debit card and a spare emergency credit card. I probably could ditch both the debit and credit cards since they’re also in my digital wallet. I just fear that I’ll need to pay for something and Apple Pay isn’t available.
Yeah I actually started digging a bit further and my health insurance offers my card on Apple Wallet. My prescriptions card on the other hand doesn't look like it does at first glance. But I'm sure thats something we can take a picture of. Regardless, I should have one spot free up in the wallet soon because Florida will begin offering Digital Driver's Licenses in 2021. Woohoo! The only thing we manage to do right lol

Antomir

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2020
I know sams has a digital card. Not sure about Costco.
Well I kinda solved my own problem very quickly lmao. Got my Health Care, Prescription Drugs, Sams Club, Costco, and BJ's card all added on my phone haha. The only downside is that BJ's and Costco don't let you add it to Wallet, only on their apps, because they generate a new code every couple of minutes. Thanks to everyone regardless

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
How do we store our health insurance card in Apple wallet?

Antomir

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2020
How do we store our health insurance card in Apple wallet?
At least for me, I signed into the app for my health insurance provider, and there was an option to see the ID card, and then another option to add it to Apple Wallet.

Antomir

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2020
For me, my Cigna app allows me to view card but I can’t add to my Apple wallet
Man that really sucks. Regardless though I think that would work. Instead of opening the wallet app just open the Cigna app. It seems manageable

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.