Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
So I’ve got two wallets, one of which I am returning. I’ve got a Baltic Blue and a Saddle Brown. What I have noticed though is, the BB feels more solid and in-place than the SB does, careless or on the Apple leather case. I can use my BB on my caseless 12 Mini with no concern at all. Can’t say the same about my SB.

I don’t know much about magnets (other than that they are cool to play with), but I’m curious if this is a scenario where not all magnets (even those of the same size and shape) are made equal in strength. But again, I know nothing technical about magnets.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
^^how about that ...is the apple leather case and apple wallet bulky?
You're adding a significant amount of thickness so yeah, it's going to feel bulky at first. If you check my post history you can see my reaction to it on the first day. Just like anything else, you get used to it. I think the case/wallet combo feels great now. Doesn't hurt that it looks amazing too.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Does the Apple wallet stick well to the Apple leather case? The Wallet doesn’t attach well to non-Apple cases, so when I want to use the wallet I have to go caseless - a risky proposition.
Yes, sticks to the Apple Leather case really well. Have to "pry" it off. with my fingernails.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
Does the Apple wallet stick well to the Apple leather case? The Wallet doesn’t attach well to non-Apple cases, so when I want to use the wallet I have to go caseless - a risky proposition.
You could use the wallet with a “bumpers” style case for a strong attachment.

Cryates

macrumors 68040
Nov 19, 2013
It only just occurred to me yesterday that I could stick this thing on my (metal) door as a reminder to grab it when I’m headed out.

408FD0C1-8033-4220-9BB3-50D96A691155.jpeg

Last edited:

madrigal77

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2018
Not real leather, and only holds 2 cards, but Spigen usually makes good stuff. Might be a decent alternative.

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
I’m getting a new iPhone 12 Pro to replace my aging XS and I ordered Apple‘s black leather MagSafe Case and matching wallet to go with it. My current bifold wallet carries minimal stuff right now (debit card, credit card, drivers license and a few bucks in cash) so I think the MagSafe wallet wallet may work for me when I just want to carry a credit card, drivers license, and a bit of cash.

After getting rid of my wallet, the next step for me is to get rid of my car key transponder. I know Apple allows a car key to be added to the wallet app for some cars, but Lincoln has a “Phone as Key” feature in their app as well. I’ll be getting a new car this spring and am keen to use this feature.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
I’m getting a new iPhone 12 Pro to replace my aging XS and I ordered Apple‘s black leather MagSafe Case and matching wallet to go with it. My current bifold wallet carries minimal stuff right now (debit card, credit card, drivers license and a few bucks in cash) so I think the MagSafe wallet wallet may work for me when I just want to carry a credit card, drivers license, and a bit of cash.

After getting rid of my wallet, the next step for me is to get rid of my car key transponder. I know Apple allows a car key to be added to the wallet app for some cars, but Lincoln has a “Phone as Key” feature in their app as well. I’ll be getting a new car this spring and am keen to use this feature.

Good to know more cars are compatible. Hopefully, the feature is 99.9% reliable . . . my pockets feel lighter already.

baking soda

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2020
Italy
Guys does the wallet leave marks on the iphone back glass? I'd love to use my phone naked + wallet but I'm not sure the magnet would hold, plus I'm mostly concerned about the potential damage to the glass itself.

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
How are y’all keeping the cards in the Wallet? I want to keep my smooth DL and a credit card with embossed/raised numbers, as well as a $50 bill. How should I stack those?

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
How are y’all keeping the cards in the Wallet? I want to keep my smooth DL and a credit card with embossed/raised numbers, as well as a $50 bill. How should I stack those?
I keep the bill in between. My CC is smooth. In your case, I'd have the numbers toward the back so that you could use the "numbers" to help you push out the card using the hole in back of the wallet.

Reactions: DeepIn2U and tgara

tgara

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2012
Connecticut, USA
I keep the bill in between. My CC is smooth. In your case, I'd have the numbers toward the back so that you could use the "numbers" to help you push out the card using the hole in back of the wallet.
Thank you for this suggestion, after using the wallet for a couple of days, having the embossed numbers showing through the thumb hole really does make the cards a bit easier to remove.

Reactions: DeepIn2U and Luba

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
I’m going to guess these wallets don’t really stick well on cases like Nomad for example?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.