Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eradik

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Didn’t see an option to set my shipping address. Does this happen on Friday? (Buying outright with Apple Pay).

I ask because I want to deliver to a different shipping address than what my billing credit card address is. Will this be an issue?

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Didn’t see an option to set my shipping address. Does this happen on Friday? (Buying outright with Apple Pay).

I ask because I want to deliver to a different shipping address than what my billing credit card address is. Will this be an issue?
Mine had billing and shipping address confirmations. Did you go through the app?

Note: I use the iPhone Upgrade Program, so it might be slightly different with a cash purchase.

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
Just went through the Preorder Get Ready process and got the Iphone 15 Pro Max Blue. I guess I need to be up by 5 AM to make sure I get it. Kinda hate to be that kind of customer, but if that's what it takes I guess I have to do it.

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2018
Around

Mine just showed the zipcode and you can confirm the shipping address Friday.

Reactions: Eradik

triscuitbiscuit

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2007
because it’s an Apple Upgrade Program, not AT&T. AT&T wouldn’t know either way.
I know it’s apple upgrade program. Seeing if a certain subset of people were having issues. Some people on Verizon mentioned they were having issues with the Apple Upgrade Program.

Mr. Heckles

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2018
Around
I know it’s apple upgrade program. Seeing if a certain subset of people were having issues. Some people on Verizon mentioned they were having issues with the Apple Upgrade Program.
I miss read what you said. I thought you said you called AT&T and they told you this.

Tofupunch

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014

Wondering the same thing

Reactions: Eradik

Aves

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
PA
what about unlocked?

I have At&T, TMobile and Verizon as options, but not "no carrier" option.

I'm buying outright with ApplePay, no upgrade program etc

Verizon checks customer infos, but AT&T and Verizon don't...actually it says they are unlocked anyway.....can i just select TMobile? I use spectrum mobile.

Reactions: black_knight

Aves

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
PA
If I pick Verizon, does that mean it's locked to Verizon?

no, it's locked only if you buy it trough AT&T upgrade program (apple says), all others are unlocked, but Verizon checks out your infos before you can proceed.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I’ve pre-preordered my iPhone 15 Pro Max 256GB RAW TI.

People make fun of this but it’s pretty useful for those using the iPhone upgrade program since you have to fill out a bunch of crap early in the morning otherwise and then you lose your place in line. If this reserved our spot then it would just be a preorder and everyone would just preorder now. So it’s kind of a cheat code for those of us who are fans to beat the masses to the punch early on Friday morning. A lot of normies don’t know about this.

mac 2005

macrumors 6502a
Apr 1, 2005
Chicago
Wot.

Explain how the term ‘Get ready’ is an example of gaslighting.

Of course there’s a cable in the box. When have iPhones not come with a cable?
Sorry. If you're not buying the Pro Max, my comment might be confusing. If you want the full capacity, you'll need to buy a cable that can handle it.

Apple's use of "Get ready" is its standard dodge. I was able to "pre-order" an Apple Watch Ultra 2 within 10 minutes of the webinar ending, but I have to come back at 5 a.m. on Friday to order an iPhone?

chrissoA

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2017
Question, I want to use the Apple Card 24mo payment option, but don’t intend to activate the phone with one of the three main carriers. I’m on Mint. I can select T-Mobile and it allows me to complete the preorder registration without asking me for any carrier details. Will I have a problem on the launch day order or with the phone once I get it?

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Is it possible to order on Apple's site and get the AT&T rebate, or do I have to go through AT&T?

Apple's site seems a bit vague about this, suggesting that you can but I can't find a way to actually do so.

Aves

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
PA
Question, I want to use the Apple Card 24mo payment option, but don’t intend to activate the phone with one of the three main carriers. I’m on Mint. I can select T-Mobile and it allows me to complete the preorder registration without asking me for any carrier details. Will I have a problem on the launch day order or with the phone once I get it?
same boat here.
in theory the iPhone you will receive is unlocked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.