Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is laying off as many as 100 of its recruiters responsible for finding and reviewing potential new applicants and full-time employees for the company as part of a broader crackdown on hiring and spending, Bloomberg has reported.

apple-park-at-night-1.jpg

The 100 recruiters, spread out across Apple's offices in California, Texas, and Singapore, were told they were being let go due to a shift in Apple's approach to spending and a slowdown in hiring. Those workers were told they would receive pay and their benefits for an additional two weeks and would have a chance to have their personal belongings returned from their offices, Bloomberg reports.

The 100 recruiters laid off are not full-time Apple employees but only contractors that typically receive less pay and less attractive benefits compared to full-time staff. Last month, Bloomberg reported that Apple would be slowing down its hiring pace, which was confirmed by the company's CEO, Tim Cook, when he said Apple would be "deliberate" in its hiring and investment due to the current economic climate.

Article Link: Apple Lets Go of Recruiters as Company Slows Down Hiring

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Is it me , or does it look like it’s ready to take off ?
👍
I had my suspicions from the very beginning…

Apple HQ looks like the love child of a Stargate portal and the Large Hadron Collider.

Bezos and Branson and what's the other crazy one's name again? I forget – they're all building space ships to go "places".

Meanwhile back at 1 Infinite Loop? It is all prepared. All is in readiness.

When that thing starts spinning…

I wonder if they'll have an Apple event? 🤔

orbital~debris

macrumors 68020
Mar 3, 2004
UK, Europe
Will this come back to bite them in the ass (or Phil's 😆?) when the expertise at selecting 'Apple' people has been lost, and future recruits are not a great fit for the company?

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
It is. But it would be something to see if even Apple wasn't (global) recession/inflation proof and their tactic backfired. Once people realise that £200 Android phone "does what they need out of a smartphone" fine they might not come back...
Why would they have to go with Android? If that phone works, so would a several-year-old, used iPhone.

Last edited:
Reactions: RalfTheDog

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Apple is about to have a very rude awakening this fall. Nobody wants a new iPhone when they can’t afford food, housing, fuel….. last years phone and watch will do.
Apple has been selling previous, and previous to previous year phones at discounts for ten years now.

There is a really weird glee people have for Apple failing; a company they supposedly like because otherwise why would they haunt a Mac site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.