Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A minor iOS 17.1.1 update is likely to be released for the iPhone this week, as a protected account with a proven track record shared the build number 21B91 for the update today on X, formerly known as Twitter. The account typically shares build numbers for upcoming iOS updates less than a week before they are released.

iOS-17.1.1-Feature.jpg

Last week, we were first to report that Apple was internally testing iOS 17.1.1, based on evidence of the software version in our website's analytics logs. The update will almost certainly be focused on bug fixes and security patches.

It's unclear exactly which bugs will be addressed in iOS 17.1.1. The update might include the same fix for Wi-Fi connectivity issues that Apple rolled out in the iOS 17.2 beta, and it could resolve an issue where some iPhones temporarily shut off overnight for users still experiencing that. Apple also promised to fix a BMW wireless charging issue affecting the iPhone 15 lineup in an unspecified update coming later this year.

iOS 17.2 remains in beta testing, and it is expected to be released in December. That update includes many new features and changes, including Apple's promised Journal app, the ability for Apple Music subscribers to collaborate on playlists, a Translate option for the Action button on iPhone 15 Pro models, an iMessage Contact Key Verification security option, additional Weather and Clock widgets, and more.

We also reported that Apple is preparing to release a watchOS update soon with a fix for excessive Apple Watch battery drain. It's likely that update will be watchOS 10.1.1, but it could be watchOS 10.2 if Apple needs more time.

Article Link: Apple Likely to Release iOS 17.1.1 This Week With iPhone Bug Fixes

Reactions: jz0309

Joe Rossignol

Senior Reporter
Staff member
May 12, 2012
Canada
You already posted something similar Friday was hoping it would be today. Especially the possible Watch OS .1
Here's the new part:

…a protected account with a proven track record shared the build number 21B91 for the update today on X, formerly known as Twitter. The account typically shares build numbers for upcoming iOS updates less than a week before they are released.

k1121j

Suspended
Mar 28, 2009
New Hampshire
I know bugs take time to fix and can’t all be avoided. Sometimes I feel like it’s time lost with a device that already has a finite lifespan.

Lizzard899

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2023
Delaware
Good maybe they will fix bug in ios 17.1 in 17.1.1 OR its a bug in icloud contacts on http://icloud.com but its where when u go on http://icloud.com > data recovery>deleted contacts it says Ive deleted contacts when I havent. I just got the new iphone se 2022 2 wks ago. I thought the bug was fixed after a few days then it did it again few days later.

Reactions: nt5672

Oscar_440

macrumors regular
Mar 1, 2017
I am going to assume positive intent and that you’re complimenting them. Because we need the internet to be more friendly.
It's not just Apple. Nowadays almost every company release Unfinished products (phones, games, SO etc).
Don't misunderstand me, It's really great to see how Apple fixes bugs, but hey, they should be more polished releasing products. I mention and criticize Apple because It's the brand that I like and for now, choose its products.

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
View attachment 2308312

Awful lot of point releases there.

View attachment 2308313

Oh look, they were even a thing thirty years ago too...and that's not even bringing up System Enablers. 😆
Yep most of those were after months or years, not days. What the OP is on about is x.x.1 releases days after the main release. That was not happening with any regularity before. Now it is almost every time.

ifxf

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Good maybe they will fix bug in ios 17.1 in 17.1.1 OR its a bug in icloud contacts on http://icloud.com but its where when u go on http://icloud.com > data recovery>deleted contacts it says Ive deleted contacts when I havent. I just got the new iphone se 2022 2 wks ago. I thought the bug was fixed after a few days then it did it again few days later.
Don’t use icloud for anything especially contacts, mail or photos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.