Apple logo will light up on the next gen!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TSX, May 28, 2009.

1. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/05/28/gen-iphone-apple-logo-light/

Looks like some of those super-crazy iPhone 2,1 rumors might not have been so crazy after all. Or, at least, aren’t alone in their craziness. After some additional black-bezel rumors yesterday, today CrunchGear gives us a companion to the glowing Apple Logo rumor:

A tipster has seen the new matte iPhone and the bugger has a light-up Apple. That’s right: it lights the freak up.

Alrighty then. We go back to asking if it will multitask as a camera flash or notification light?

And what about that July 17 release date…

http://www.crunchgear.com/2009/05/28/the-iphone-will-have-a-glowing-apple/

2. w00master macrumors 65816

My theory is that the Apple Logo will become the camera flash. Imho, the iPhone desperately needs a flash.

Before any of you camera geeks poo-poo the idea of a flash for the camera, just remember that the MAJORITY of users just want to take a d*mn picture in low lighting.

w00master

3. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

I just ordered a roll of black electrical tape to cover it up. There is no way I will be walking around with a glowing apple when I talk. Hopefully it will only turn on by command.

4. w00master macrumors 65816

Or... just get a case for it. ;-)

I'm with you though, if the light is on ALL the time, then I'm definitely covering it up. Hopefully my theory on what the Apple logo lighting is true (see above).

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

How awfully kitsch. Why would you want to advertise freely for a company in lights every time they used their phone?

6. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

7. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I'd assume if this is the case, the light will be the same as on Apple laptops, in the it uses light from the screen. If that is true, and I'd say it would be most likely, then the light won't be on when you're on a call as the light turns off on iPhone.

8. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

If it does light up, it will be as a FLASH for the Camera.

All indicators are pointing at this thing being marketed for its camera capabilities. A flash would go right with that.

9. 1Zach1 macrumors 65816

1Zach1

How are they going to get light from the screen to the back of the phone? Notebooks don't have anything between the screen and the back, the iPhone does.

10. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

It's bad enough that half the time I'm in a dark movie theatre, there's jerks who keep pulling out their iPhone with the LCD light set to high.

---

As for a glowing emblem... I am imagining a comedy where someone is trying to call 911, while hiding from an axe murderer behind a bush, and he sees the glowing Apple. :eek:

11. Willis macrumors 68020

Willis

I don't want the bloody thing lit up like Blackpool illuminations! I will settle if it acts as a flash though but still.

12. robothero macrumors 6502

robothero

I hope it lights up as a notification that I have new email/text/voicemail. That would be fantastic.

13. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I can relate to this... and its always side or front jerks. On the killer side, well... um.... ahhh.... nevermind.

14. nfl46 macrumors 603

Haha, love the idea of having it glow! I figured it won't be long b4 the iPhone does this, too.

And for the people who are against it, just get a case to cover it up. :)

15. nfl46 macrumors 603

:apple::apple::apple:

Awesome, idea!

Oh, when it rings, it'll flash continuously.

16. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Sweet, it will flash like Blades of Steel (NES). Welcome to Seizure-ville!

Great Idea... that way when it is on your desk and you get an e-mail you can see it light up... oh wait you can see the back becasue it is on your desk.:confused:

17. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

That is cool and all but the most important word of that article is:

"A tipster has seen the new matte iPhone and the bugger has a light-up Apple. That’s right: it lights the freak up."

MATTE!

MATTE!!!!

MATTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Fitty Cent macrumors member

Don't know why anyone would think this was a "crazy" idea, OR a good one -- if it's true, then you'd better be able to turn it off.

19. nfl46 macrumors 603

Lol, I just really hope this light up logo don't make the battery light even worse. I'm sure they've improved it though since they're thinking about implementing this idea.

20. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

But then case manufacturers will start making cases with a cutout for the Apple logo/flash.

21. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

If true then its a gimmick...but me likes :D Imagine the attention it will get when u are at a club ;)

22. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

This would be bad for anyone with epilepsy. :eek:

23. fr0 macrumors member

I call shenanigans on this one UNLESS it is for the flash. There is no way Apple would make the iPhone that gaudy. They are far more understated than that. It works on the notebooks, but no way on the phone. Its just too disruptive.

24. D3lta macrumors 6502a

How could it act as a flash? Wouldn't the logo have to be transparent for it to be effective?

25. w00master macrumors 65816

I'm really with you on this one. I really hope it's just for the flash and not on constantly. Think of how annoying that would be after a while if it was on all the time.