Apple Losing Global Marketing Executive Allison Johnson

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

All Things Digital reports that Apple vice president of worldwide marketing communications Allison Johnson is leaving the company, reportedly seeking to set up a new marketing and public relations firm. Johnson, who has held the VP position since 2005, will reportedly be officially departing Apple within the next few months.
There's no dearth of marketing and communications talent at Apple, but Johnson's exit from the company is still notable.

She's a seasoned and respected executive who came to Apple from Hewlett-Packard, where she managed public relations during the brutal proxy battle over HP's acquisition of Compaq Computer. A former co-worker there once described her as "prime minister" of HP.

At Apple, Johnson has managed global advertising for some of the company's most revolutionary products and the iconic ads for them. Those ads have been created by TBWAChiatDay, which plays a powerful role at Apple.
Prior to joining HP in 1999, Johnson served as director of media relations at Netscape and IBM.

Article Link: Apple Losing Global Marketing Executive Allison Johnson

mygoldens

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2005
As did the Software Architec of Mac OSX left Apple, they are falling one by one. Steve does not want Mac Computers anymore, just iPads and iPhones.

It is a sad day. :(

snebes

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2008
As did the Software Architec of Mac OSX left Apple, they are falling one by one. Steve does not want Mac Computers anymore, just iPads and iPhones.

So you really think that she didn't do any iDevice marketing? Oh, right, I forgot. End of days is coming and all that jazz....

HahaHaha321

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2011
That's too bad. I hope they get someone better to oversee advertising though, because the recent Apple commercials have been very dry and boring lately.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

Where do people get this stuff? :rolleyes:

MacRumors:

Today it was announced that Jose Dorega, Apples long time janitor in building 3, will resign. Dorega had been with the company since 1996 and is credited with cleaning up Jonny Ive's messes for years. "Its truly a sad day for me, but i know this is the right decision for me and my family" said Dorega. "Apple has been, and continues to be an incredible place of innovation" Dorega continued, "Im just getting tired of cleaning up Jonny's fingernail clippings and empty pizza boxes. It's time for me to move on." Apple has not yet officially announced who will fill his position; however, an unnamed source cites that Brian Tong of CNET is in "serious consideration".

Last edited:

Fwink!

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2002
Earth
I don't see how this is really relevant. Perhaps there should a macrumors stock-watch page for this sort of drivel?

All it does is get a bunch of armchair executives throwing around completely useless analysis of the impact.

Guess what folks, in the corporate world the deck gets shuffled quite often, get over it.

Tux Kapono

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2003
"Well, we can't have any women working at Apple, now can we?"

I don't think I've ever seen a female present anything on behalf of Apple at a keynote, yet the iPhone is considered the more female alternative to the male-oriented Android.

jonnysods

macrumors 603
Sep 20, 2006
There & Back Again
MacRumors:

"Today it was announced that Jose Dorega, Apples long time janitor in building 3, will resign. Dorega had been with the company since 1996 and is credited with cleaning up Jonny Ive's messes for years. "Its truly a sad day for me, but i know this is the right decision for me and my family" said Dorega. "Apple has been, and continues to be an incredible place of innovation" Dorega continued, "Im just getting tired of cleaning up Jonny's fingernail clippings and empty pizza boxes. It's time for me to move on." Apple has not yet officially announced who will fill his position; however, an unnamed source cites that Brian Tong of CNET is in "serious consideration".
Poor Jonny. This is a dark day for Apple.

Fwink!

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2002
Earth
"Well, we can't have any women working at Apple, now can we?"

I don't think I've ever seen a female present anything on behalf of Apple at a keynote, yet the iPhone is considered the more female alternative to the male-oriented Android.
it is? by who? The iphone is a mac fanboy product. Women don't generally splurge on tech gadgets. (yes I know the ladies are looking for rotten veggies to throw at me)

Tailpike1153

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2004
Bellevue, WA
MacRumors:

"Today it was announced that Jose Dorega, Apples long time janitor in building 3, will resign. Dorega had been with the company since 1996 and is credited with cleaning up Jonny Ive's messes for years. "Its truly a sad day for me, but i know this is the right decision for me and my family" said Dorega. "Apple has been, and continues to be an incredible place of innovation" Dorega continued, "Im just getting tired of cleaning up Jonny's fingernail clippings and empty pizza boxes. It's time for me to move on." Apple has not yet officially announced who will fill his position; however, an unnamed source cites that Brian Tong of CNET is in "serious consideration".
With all the great employees leaving there is no reason to stick with Apple anymore. :(:(:(