Apple lost a loyal customer today

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by iOSOS, Sep 19, 2012.

1. iOSOS macrumors member

I have been playing around with iOS 6 and I am hugely disappointed.

Apple Maps - it's so bad, it's so bad.

Contacts - too cluttered. You have fields for Facebook profiles, Facebook chat, Facebook e-mail address, Facebook profile link, regular e-mail address.. There is also buttons for added accounts. "Name in iCloud" "Name in Facebook". Just if you forgot where where you added the contact?!

Colored status bar - sometimes black, sometimes colored. Ugh??!

Dial buttons - if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

= how did they end up here when they tossed ideas around? Did they scrapped the idea of a wifi-bluetooth toogle for a colored status bar? It is obvious that they focused too hard on Facebook intergration. Was the new map solution included in the last second? Just not ready for prime time.

Siri vs Google voice search = Google dominates.

Apple Maps vs Google Maps = Apple isn't even in the game.

Hardware design = Users love curved backs on mobiles. The iphone 4, 4S just feelt odd. I stuck with iPhone because of the software. I thought I would never say this but I will sell my iPhone 4S and get a Galaxy Nexus. I will miss the camera but Google is just better in search and mapping.

2. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

3. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

Loyalty definitely isn't what it used to be...

4. King Bowser macrumors regular

Some people have reported that if they aren't on a big city, the maps aren't that good.

Also , judging by you other posts , you want the iPhone to be made by Samsung and have everything Google makes. I think you've been wanting an Android device even before iOS 6 came out. Just my observation.

http://forums.macrumors.com/search.php?searchid=30088737

5. scwinsett macrumors 6502a

scwinsett

6. Prototypical macrumors 6502

Prototypical

Bailing on Apple because they made a few missteps is certainly evidence of you being a loyal customer.

7. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I hope you find something you enjoy using. Most of what you say is personal preference however.

8. King Bowser macrumors regular

People in general are very fickle. They will get mad at this and jump to the other side , and when they get there they will see the cons of the other operating system and device and will come back with their tails tucked under their legs. .. that was me anyways.

9. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

HOW COME THESE TYPES OF THREADS DON'T PLAY THE TINY VIOLIN WHEN I OPEN THEM??

OP, go, run fast. This ship is sinking for sure. :rolleyes:

10. jlblodgett macrumors 6502a

11. MicroByte macrumors 6502

This is very true. In my case, I only could have a 4th gen iPod Touch and was pretty upset when a refresh never happend. I ended up getting a Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0 for my b-day in June. It was the greatest thing and seemed like it would put my iPod touch to shame.

Needless to say, I got frustrated with constantly managing memory/tasks and just generally wasn't satisfied. I never gave up my iPod and just started using it more often. Needless to say, the Galaxy went on eBay this past weekend and I've got my eye on the new iPod Touch around the corner.

I think Apple has come a long way since the first versions of iOS. Although other devices have more features, they aren't as friendly for day to day use.

my 2 cents...

12. Resist macrumors 68030

It's for these two points that I'm not upgrading to iOS 6 just yet.

13. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Yes, that one is weird, it's not fully coloured either, it's like a translucent colour over a black status bar.

14. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

15. throys macrumors 6502

Good bye and I'm sure yo heard about the story of the Prodigal Son, so when you come back we will welcome you back;)

I'm fascinated how many fandroids create new threads here.

16. Tearabite macrumors regular

Tearabite

yah i'd be totally surprised if Apple isnt out of business by tonight..

I hope you find a phone that meets all of your needs..

17. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Loyalty? Apple isn't handing out free iOS devices. If this guy is paying money he worked to earn for a product and it no longer satisfies him, then he should do exactly what he's doing - find something else that works better for him. There's no reason to be loyal to a product that you're unhappy with. I used to be a loyal customer of Dell & Sony. Now you couldn't pay me to buy one of their products not named PS3.

18. OzyOly macrumors 6502a

I was just about to write that.

iOS6 maps is an abomination for the price we pay for the iPhone. It's a substandard product. In the UK it's not usable outside of major cities.

I'll be heading for a Lumina 900 on EE. Thank goodness Mas OSX is still good.

19. AppleMooseMan macrumors regular

Totally agree, in fact made a post about this last week. A huge disappointment. Lot of angry customers tonight.

20. jaymzuk macrumors regular

Congratulations, you've now joined the rational purchasing club, which buys based on value, rather than some misplaced loyalty to an organisation whose sole goal is to rinse you for as much money as they can get away with.

21. iOSOS thread starter macrumors member

:)

I believe I have been a loyal customer. I have an iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 4S. I owned the iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and iPad 1. I have also owned Android phones but missed the UI of iOS and returned. I might return again but right now I need a really good map app instead of a great camera or some other thing. I am dissapointed with this update and it is because of my fondness to iOS that I wrote here. To all, enjoy iOS 6 if you like it!

22. aquadisiac macrumors 6502

Is there not a google maps app? Not integrated but in the app store?

23. matty.p macrumors 6502

I like iOS 6 quite a bit, if you're upset only about the maps, then go to google maps, and add to home screen. Problem solved. As for the Facebook stuff, you can turn off all of the contact syncing from Facebook in the preferences.

24. CAWjr macrumors 6502

CAWjr

You can't please everyone. There are plenty of things I dislike about the iPhone & iOS, but there are also plenty of things I hate about Android.

You just pick which phone you have the least things to bitch about & go with it. Seems to me that you have less to bitch about the android than the iPhone.

25. Jman13 macrumors 68000

?

I sort of understand the maps thing (haven't used them enough yet to have an opinion though)...but the dial buttons? You won't upgrade because they're grey instead of blue? really? Wow...that's, um...something.