Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Media Event September 7th? iPod Touch, Apple TV, Show Rentals

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

One detail we missed in the earlier report from Bloomberg article today was the date that Apple is expected to launch their new iPod Touch and Apple TV products. According to two sources, the event will take places on September 7th, two weeks ahead of the new prime-time TV season.

According to Bloomberg, Apple will use this venue to launch the new iPod Touch, $99 Apple TV, and the 99-cent TV show rental service. The September 7th date also falls on the last day of Apple's back to school promotion where they are offering a free iPod touch with purchase of a Mac.

The new iPod touch screen parts are already being obtained by 3rd party repair shops as shown here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Kz0xxyDrjU

The screens contain a hole near the top that suggests the iPod touch will be getting a Facetime camera as part of its fall update.

Article Link: Apple Media Event September 7th? iPod Touch, Apple TV, Show Rentals

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
Awesome. More apple goodies when I havent even got my hands on iPad and i4 -_-

Anyways, definitely looking forward to the event. 2 iPods will be ordered the moment steve utters anything remotely similar to "the new iPod touch 4 with face..." :D

Comment

MacAddict2000

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2005
Oh, these people better not even start calling it "4G". It's bad enough people call it the iTouch already. I don't think I can handle iTouch 4G. So incorrect on so many levels.

Comment

Zimmer62943

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
If these people have obtained a REAL ipod touch part i will believe it when there are close up images, and proper videos.
All these people that post these things act like apple is only 5 minutes away from busting down their door and arresting them, prove to us you have real secret parts, dont ****** around!

Comment

romz-rac

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2010
:eek:This video looks like a movie trailer 0.o "Land of the Lost iProducts: Where Droids rule" i actually like Apple stuff better btw :D

Comment

romz-rac

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2010
Oh, these people better not even start calling it "4G". It's bad enough people call it the iTouch already. I don't think I can handle iTouch 4G. So incorrect on so many levels.
Lmao i Get it!!...maybe, but its still funny :D

Comment

speedfreak007

macrumors member
May 22, 2009
will this mean that if i wait to buy my new macbook pro until september 7th, i can get a NEW free ipod touch ?

Comment

yonis

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2009
Makes sense.

They're trying to clear out stock.

Comment

JamonBull

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Australia
I personally think it will be September 8th or 9th. I also think Steve's 'one more thing' will be the a new MacBook Air.

Comment

lbro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2009
I think I might be the only person here who rather get a rear camera instead of FaceTime on the new iPod Touches!!!!

I'm on the same boat. I don't know anyone who owns a facetime device and I wouldn't want to use it anyway. A rear camera would be a lot more useful.

Comment

ckfd

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2009
Face time

I will definitely buy one if FT is included.
That would be a great feature.

Comment

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
iDeaded myself
This event should be huge. I expect a wide range of innovative new products that should drive AAPL shares through the roof.

I'm expecting:
New MacBook Pros
New MacBook Airs
New Apple Cinema Display
New iPods (who cares)
New iPod Touch (awesome 4G design)
New Apple TV (no storage, no buy for me)

Another record breaking period of Christmas sales beckons for Apple.

My advise clear some of your credit card debt now because you are going to be busy shopping in September.

Comment

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
This event should be huge. I expect a wide range of innovative new products that should drive AAPL shares through the roof.

I'm expecting:
New MacBook Pros
New MacBook Airs
New Apple Cinema Display
New iPods (who cares)
New iPod Touch (awesome 4G design)
New Apple TV (no storage, no buy for me)

Another record breaking period of Christmas sales beckons for Apple.

My advise clear some of your credit card debt now because you are going to be busy shopping in September.

This event is usually just iPods. You also won't see new cinema displays because they were just updated (Unless you're thinking of displays in other sizes... possibly but unlikely).

I hope Apple will update the whole iPod lineup, or at least update the classic, too. I'd much rather have a classic than a touch. (Touches are much higher GB/$ and only go up to 64GB right now...)

Maybe they'll throw a curveball and announce the white iPhone 4? Haha, or not.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.