Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
I generally enjoy Apple Music. What I don't enjoy? In iOS 9, if I searched for an artist and then hit songs, a list of their songs would show up. I could just hit next to skip or it would automatically play the next song when the current one is over. In iOS 10, that's not the case. If I search for an artist and then hit songs, it only plays the first song on the list. I have to manually choose the next one. Works fine for local music. Annoying.

capandjudy

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2013
Huntington, WV
Lol ridiculous! Also Apple Music users most likely have less musical ears given the desire we witness here for BT headphones etc. I think Spotify users are a little more demanding and refined in their musical needs!
Agreed. To me there is something wrong with sound of Apple Music. At least to my ears Spotify sounds much better whether streaming or downloading to off line.

Reactions: 6836838

Suspended
Jul 18, 2011
Not at all. First of all, BT headphones can sound fabulous. I can't wait for the upcoming apple bt earpieces. And most spotify users I know have no appreciation for fine sound. They just want the music.
But enjoy your iStraws ;)

jasonklee

Suspended
Dec 7, 2007
Something is fishy about this survey. Apple should be on the bottom but for some reason it's number 1? Obvious conclusion is bias. Plain and simple. End of story.

Suspended
Aug 28, 2016
Impossible.

Everyone here tells me Apple Music sucks and Spotify is better at everything. How could they all be wrong? I demand a recount.

Suspended
Jul 18, 2011
Agreed. To me there is something wrong with sound of Apple Music. At least to my ears Spotify sounds much better whether streaming or downloading to off line.
Extreme quality settings on Spotify is fantastic. Discover Weekly is top notch and anything can be saved offline with a 30-day poison pill. I can control any of my Spotify clients from ANY other client. It's just fantastic. So I have Spotify running on my Mac-mini, connected to KRK monitors via an Apogee Duet and I can kick it off from my iPhone when I get home were it picks off almost seamlessly from the iPhone from where I left off. All I want now is an Apple TV client.

When Apple Music can do all this, then I'll take a look. But I don't see it coming anytime soon...

Ulisescm

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Mexico
Before the redesign the app was really awful, Spotify was nicer and more intuitive and with better suggestions (not just rap like apple does) but I'm in the apple ecosystem... (Deezer was also good with nice suggestions)

Suspended
Jul 18, 2011
But it does do damage to our chanting of Apple Music sucks. How do we explain that Apple isn't near the bottom? Standing by for further instructions from Android leadership.
Personally, I'm not bothered if people love Apple Music. I'd prefer to use the default music player myself, but looking at features alone, Apple doesn't come close to Spotify.
[doublepost=1475083619][/doublepost]
Impossible.

Everyone here tells me Apple Music sucks and Spotify is better at everything. How could they all be wrong? I demand a recount.
It's better to not go mainstream sometimes. Why not make up your own mind? If you're happy with Apple Music, then great! You'll never know what you're missing.

So many people bleat here about Dark Mode! Spotify has had that for years. Maybe that's good enough reason alone for many to give it a go?

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
Well, I'm certainly pretty satisfied with Apple Music, but that's based almost entirely on the vast depths of their available catalogue. The interface and library management still needs lots of work.

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
So i did the math, they surveyed 4.482 people.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/margin-of-error-calculator/

if you use a population of 50.000.000 streamers and and use a low 85% confidence level (usually you use 95% or 99% for polls) you get a margin of error that is 2%. That means anyone could be a winner, ie. Apples score is between 817 and 850. Spotify is between 808 and 840.
Yeah, also I hate graphics like this that truncate the scale to show difference. Add that 500 points back to the front of all these bars, scale everything correctly, and you're suddenly showing that all these services are basically equivalent, as far as customer satisfaction is concerned.

AntonLee

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2015
Lol ridiculous! Also Apple Music users most likely have less musical ears given the desire we witness here for BT headphones etc. I think Spotify users are a little more demanding and refined in their musical needs!

Yeah ok. They're so illuminated.

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
Those circle ratings are complete crap. If based on a 1000 point system, all of these are above 800 and therefore score a greater than 80% rating. 2/5 isn't >80%. 3/5 isn't >80% and so on. Conversely, Apple scored 834/1000, which would be 83.4%, and numerically closer to 4/5 than 5/5. JD is literally manipulating it's own chart to imply Apple Music scored statistically higher than the competition, which it absolutely didn't as the numbers, if obviously not the bar graphs or "Circles of Excellence" clearly show. Every single service should have a 4/5 rating whether it makes for interesting reading or not, with Apple music scoring less than 2% better than the very worst performer in the group.

This is why no one in the auto industry takes JD's rankings seriously, and neither should any one else this ridiculous display of favoritism and bad math.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
Not at all. First of all, BT headphones can sound fabulous. I can't wait for the upcoming apple bt earpieces. And most spotify users I know have no appreciation for fine sound. They just want the music.

Please... both of you... you guys are going to give yourselves nosebleeds.

co.ag.2005

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Fort Worth, TX
I see a lot of bad reviews for Spotify in the App Store - but these mostly people who do not know what free vs premium is, and complain about commercials. I personally love Spotify.

Same here. I prefer Spotify over Apple Music, mainly for curated playlists. I haven't given Apple Music another try now that I'm on iOS 10, but I have no desire to pay for it for a month to try again.

WigWag Workshop

macrumors 6502
I am a music junkie, actually a live music junkie. I have thousands of "bootlegs" in my library, that keep separate from iTunes Match, and Apple Music. But, I do have a Apple Music subscription, and I love it, compared to all others I have tried including Spotify and Pandora, which I was a Beta Tester, before it went mainstream.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.