Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today unveiled "Apple Music TV," a constant live stream of currently popular music videos, live shows, and events that will run for 24 hours every day (via Variety).

apple-music-tv.jpg

Users in the United States will be able to watch Apple Music TV in the Apple Music app as well as in the Apple TV app. In the TV app, you can scroll down a bit to find Apple Music TV highlighted today, and it's at the top of the Browse tab in Apple Music.

The new service has begun with a countdown of the top 100 most streamed songs in the United States on Apple Music. On Thursday, viewers will be able to tune in to a launch celebration of Bruce Springsteen's upcoming album, while on Friday it'll be the exclusive home to the launch of two music videos: Joji's "777" and Saint Jhn's "Gorgeous."

Apple said that every Friday it will debut new videos on Apple Music TV, and that viewers can expect to see Apple Music 1 radio host Zane Lowe appear on the platform doing interviews and more.

Article Link: 'Apple Music TV' Launches in U.S. With 24/7 Live Stream of Music Videos, Live Shows, World Premieres, and More

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
I really don’t understand why this is only available in the US? Beats Radio 1 is also available everywhere?
Probably they have to secure the appropriate rights, per territory, before they can launch the service in that territory. Also, if the cost is too high for any given territory, they may skip that territory.

Speaking of cost: I see no mention of cost. Is this free?

EDIT: Ah --"Watch NOW for free". Read: You will eventually have to pay for this.

Reactions: cecil444

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I hope they play that new Michael Jackson video for Thriller! I heard Vincent Price narrates it. 1983 is sooo rad!

1304169141_1ab8dc4710_o.jpg

AbSoluTc

Contributor
Sep 21, 2008
God I am going to love this! Love MV's!! Hopefully I can play this on ATV. My life will be enhanced.. enhanced... enhanced.. :)

Reactions: cecil444

Hiddecollee

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2018
I wish there was an actual guide with what is playing on what time on the stream.

And I would love to see an Apple Channel for Apple Music, with a good overview of all the TV content you can watch on demand.

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2020
51.531011,-0.023979
I hope Apple Music will include classifications of music you can watch continuous videos of (eg. 1980s, rock, pop, artist). At the moment, music videos on Apple Music seem to be an afterthought. I thought it would make music videos front and centre on the Apple Music app on Apple TV as there is a screen, after all. Hopefully, Apple Music will concentrate more on music videos, so there would be no need to put up with constant ads on music video channels and no music at all on MTV.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.