Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

First-time subscribers to Apple News+ can receive an extended three-month free trial of the service from today through Monday in the United States, Canada, Australia, and the UK, the four countries where News+ is currently available.

apple-news-banner.png

Apple typically offers a one-month trial to News+, so this offer triples the length of free access. The extended trial can be initiated on the Apple News website in the United States, Canada, Australia, and the UK. After the trial period, Apple News+ automatically renews at its standard pricing, such as $9.99 per month in the United States.

Apple News+ is a subscription-based service in the Apple News app that lets you access hundreds of magazines and paywalled content from some news sites. The service launched in March 2019 following Apple's acquisition of Texture.

Apple announced the offer in a tweet spotted by the blog Apple Terminal.

Article Link: Apple News+ Offering Extended Three-Month Free Trial Through Monday

• Haha
Reactions: macfacts

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
I've had Apple One since they launched and didn't even know it comes included, nor have I even opened it since that time. Hell, if I'm paying for it, might as well use it.

• Disagree
Reactions: StuBeck

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Usually the trial works even when you’re not a new subscriber. Not this time. Tried the 3 month trial and it immediately tried to charge the $9.99.

If I wanted another subscription, it would be for Apple Music.

tim0409

macrumors regular
Jun 6, 2010
Usually the trial works even when you’re not a new subscriber. Not this time. Tried the 3 month trial and it immediately tried to charge the $9.99.

If I wanted another subscription, it would be for Apple Music.
Same here; I must have previously had a free trial. Cancelled immediately and have applied for a refund.

Reactions: jbachandouris

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
very tempting but
oxDxdlW.jpg

Does this come with WSJ at least? how would one make sure they get three months and not the free one month one and not billed right away/

Anyone done Apple Arcade for 3 months? comes up at top of settings app and I have 2 months left to activate it if I want to

Last edited:

jcshas

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2003
I received an offer code for 4 months free when I bought a HomePod mini @ Best Buy but it’s for new subscribers only. ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.