Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greytmom

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
How about:

Dear Greytmom,

We know ATT gave you a delivery date of one month, even though you ordered at 3:01 EDT. So, since we can't deliver to Pope-affected areas, we'll just deliver to you instead.

Yours truly,

Tim

Pbrutto

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2015
Eastern PA
I have to drive to an Apple Store outside of philly to get my phone Friday....he won't be there yet....but I'm not looking forward to it

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
I wonder why they won't ship them sooner if this is the case. Assuming they are not (for ones that would have been held at the shipping company purposely until Friday).

Because everyone would have to get it Thursday. Why do you feel special to get it sooner?

unplugme71

macrumors 68030
May 20, 2011
Earth
when you think about it, Saturday delivery should be a no-brainer - UPS does Saturday delivery, where odds with FDX is that you wouldn't get it until Monday. If everyone is jonesing as bad as they are now, an extra 12 hours after getting off of work isn't going to make it any worse than it already is now.

BL.

Who's FDX?

Is this a local carrier?

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Why are they shutting down the shipping?

Cmon..They aren't shutting down the "shipping"..They are shutting down roads that will make delivering to certain locations impossible on Friday. Simple as that. And kudos to Apple for taking the time to warn people and also for scheduling Saturday deliveries.

Reactions: dubstar82

blackcrayon

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2003
Because everyone would have to get it Thursday. Why do you feel special to get it sooner?

I don't "feel special", and I don't live in the affected areas. Since there is no real reason to delay the shipment, they could (in theory, if it were at UPS/Fedex and being artificially held) send it earlier to those people who would otherwise get it later.

Why do you feel offended that someone might get the phone earlier?

Reactions: PrimeMatrix

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Take religion out of this. This is a guy who provides for the homeless and preaches modesty and charity.

It's an honor to have him visiting the US and it's disappointing that people are so upset because they can't get their cell phone that costs a month worth of meals. Sad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.