Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today began offering refurbished versions of the second-generation 11-inch iPad Pro and fourth-generation 12.9-inch iPad Pro models that were originally released in March 2020.

apple-refurbished-ipad-pro-2020.jpg

Pricing starts at $609 for the 11-inch iPad Pro models, which Apple says is a savings of $90. Pricing on the 12.9-inch models starts at $749, a $200 discount.

The 2020 iPad Pro models preceeded the M1 iPad Pro models and introduced new camera technology with an included LiDAR Scanner for depth-sensing capabilities. These iPads are equipped with the A12Z Bionic Chip, an iterative update to the A12X chip that was used for the 2018 iPad Pro models.

At the current time, Apple is offering several different colors and capacities, though stock will fluctuate over time. The refurbished 2020 iPad Pro models are being sold alongside older models in the refurbished store.

All of Apple's refurbished iPads are sold with the same one-year warranty that's provided with a brand new device, along with all manuals and accessories. Refurbished devices go through a rigorous testing, repair, repackaging, and cleaning process and are identical to new devices.

Article Link: Apple Now Selling Refurbished 2020 iPad Pro Models Starting at $609

jclardy

macrumors 68040
Oct 6, 2008
Wow, does it usually take this long to get refurb models in? I thought they were usually 6-8 months post launch. Here we are getting refurbs after next years model.

Reactions: amartinez1660

Johnny907

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
No, these are last years 2020 model with the A12Z chip and LiDar. Not the 2021 M1 models.
Which makes the pricing hilarious. Only apple could price year old previous Gen used merch at 200 bucks shy of current Gen brand new devices with a straight face.

Where are the Apple faithful assuring us how good a deal this nonsense is?

RoundaboutRider

macrumors member
May 5, 2020
I’ve got a 2018 iPad Pro and it’s still super quick and would do absolutely everything the latest M1 Pro would do but maybe just a tiny fraction slower.

Notwithstanding the new miniLED screen, to me this is just a testament to how much of wasted potential there is in iPadOS + M1.

HiVolt

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Nice, I was waiting for the 4th gen ones to come out refurbed. Oredered one.

Now am looking at a protective case, and damn, why do all the rugged hard cases with a kickstand all have a stupid spot for the pencil. literally makes the slimmer bezel of the iPad useless.

Not everyone uses the pencil and its just a stupid hole in the case and makes it bigger.

macar00n

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2021
People really seem to overuse the *Breaking* news tag these days
Yeah if only people ran their professional, free, highly trafficked blogs like you and I run ours am I right brother? We wouldn't see such unacceptable use of breaking tag then am I right

• Wow
Reactions: Dj64Mk7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.