Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following the announcement of the iPhone XS and the iPhone XS Max, which will be available for pre-order this Friday, Apple is letting prospective and existing iPhone Upgrade customers get pre-approval through the Apple Store app [Direct Link].

When selecting "View Pricing" on the iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max, there's a banner option to "Get Ready" for the iPhone XS pre-order. Tapping on this banner allows users to choose an iPhone, confirm a carrier, and get pre-approved for an iPhone Upgrade Program loan.

iphoneupgradeprogrampreapproval-800x602.jpg

There's also an upgrade process for existing iPhone Upgrade Program users that can be found right under the "Get ready for pre-order now" option.

All iPhone Upgrade customers, both those new to the program and existing users, should go through this pre-approval process ahead of pre-orders to speed up their iPhone orders on Friday.

Pre-approvals will be available until 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 13, with pre-orders set to begin at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on Friday, September 14.

With the iPhone Upgrade Program, pricing on the iPhone XS starts at $49.91 per month, while pricing on the iPhone XS Max starts at $54.08 per month.

Article Link: Apple Offering Pre-Approval for iPhone Upgrade Program in Apple Store App

Tonyyyperez

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2018
Does anyone know once you actually do that crazy midnight order and I assume you have to pay the taxes in the phone, does Apple charge you immediately or do they not charge you until the phone actually ships?

dantracht

Cancelled
Sep 19, 2013
Does anyone know once you actually do that crazy midnight order and I assume you have to pay the taxes in the phone, does Apple charge you immediately or do they not charge you until the phone actually ships?
They put a hold on your card, but the charge finalizes when it ships.

Reactions: Tonyyyperez

jessebkr87

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2016
I submitted mine as soon as the store went live after the announcement.

Attachments

• 16E987DF-52EC-4BB0-84EA-1F9C766DC432.jpeg
    16E987DF-52EC-4BB0-84EA-1F9C766DC432.jpeg
    324.8 KB · Views: 518

Anapplekoala

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2018
Is anyone getting an error during the pre approval for Verizon that says “We’re sorry. Your existing date plan isn’t an eligible iPhone plan. You can contact your carrier to keep your current phone number. You can create a new account at an Apple Store.”

This is my 2nd year upgrading and I haven’t gotten this error before. On the phone with Verizon and they want to Change my plan.

Attachments

• FFDE3AB7-20DD-48EA-A31C-E3C2A10ADE62.png
    FFDE3AB7-20DD-48EA-A31C-E3C2A10ADE62.png
    397.9 KB · Views: 216

ThatGuyInLa

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2012
SC
Another year, another phone and watch. Oh and a new 15” MBP this time as well. At least the phone is a rental, heh. Still doesn’t change my wallets continued searing against my thigh.

Corsig

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Is there any advantage of going through Apple instead of the carrier (in my case AT&T)?

will.s87

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2016
Central CA
Is anyone getting an error during the pre approval for Verizon that says “We’re sorry. Your existing date plan isn’t an eligible iPhone plan. You can contact your carrier to keep your current phone number. You can create a new account at an Apple Store.”

This is my 2nd year upgrading and I haven’t gotten this error before. On the phone with Verizon and they want to Change my plan.

No problem with mine. Which plan do you have?

imsergio

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2018

Following the announcement of the iPhone XS and the iPhone XS Max, which will be available for pre-order this Friday, Apple is letting prospective and existing iPhone Upgrade customers get pre-approval through the Apple Store app [Direct Link].

When selecting "View Pricing" on the iPhone XS or iPhone XS Max, there's a banner option to "Get Ready" for the iPhone XS pre-order. Tapping on this banner allows users to choose an iPhone, confirm a carrier, and get pre-approved for an iPhone Upgrade Program loan.

iphoneupgradeprogrampreapproval-800x602.jpg

There's also an upgrade process for existing iPhone Upgrade Program users that can be found right under the "Get ready for pre-order now" option.

All iPhone Upgrade customers, both those new to the program and existing users, should go through this pre-approval process ahead of pre-orders to speed up their iPhone orders on Friday.

Pre-approvals will be available until 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 13, with pre-orders set to begin at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time on Friday, September 14.

With the iPhone Upgrade Program, pricing on the iPhone XS starts at $49.91 per month, while pricing on the iPhone XS Max starts at $54.08 per month.

Article Link: Apple Offering Pre-Approval for iPhone Upgrade Program in Apple Store App
[doublepost=1536801543][/doublepost]Does anyone know if you have to do this step if you have a business account? For instance AT&T premier

Anapplekoala

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2018
Same plan here. Maybe some weird bug on one of their ends. Good luck.
Thanks! Might be a long night on phone support! Haha!

I had a remaining balance of $14.XX on the loan, but I don’t think that has anything to do with it.

We’ll see!

jessebkr87

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2016
Anyone know what the correct procedure is for paying an extra payment to upgrade? Do you have to do it through the loan place or will it happen during the order process?

steven3130

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2017
Anyone know what the correct procedure is for paying an extra payment to upgrade? Do you have to do it through the loan place or will it happen during the order process?

I made my 12th payment last week before everyone is going to scramble to pay today.

But I believe Apple will collect the 12th payment, 1st payment, and taxes during your pre-order.

You can also call Citizens One at 855-764-6395. Can’t make the payment online from their website. Make sure to have your loan number ready. I would highly recommend to ask the rep how many more payments until your 12th payment just to confirm how many you actually need.

jessebkr87

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2016

Here’s the answer to my own question straight from Apple in case anyone else is wondering.
12b1c781bb4d69d346b87125f00b8273.png

Reactions: Elcee22
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.