Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The online Apple Store has been taken offline this morning less than five hours prior to Apple's highly-anticipated "Spring Forward" media event in San Francisco, where the company is expected to unveil further details about the Apple Watch alongside other potential announcements. If history repeats itself, the storefront should remain down until shortly after the conclusion of Apple's keynote.

Apple-Store-Down-Hey-Siri.jpg

Apple's media event starts at 10 AM Pacific with a live video stream available on Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV. MacRumors will also have full coverage of the event, with a live blog on our front page and updates going out on our @MacRumorsLive Twitter account. We'll also have specific coverage of today's announcements in separate news stories, and our forums are a great place for readers to discuss the announcements before, during and after the event.

Article Link: Apple Online Store Goes Down Ahead of 'Spring Forward' Media Event

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Cool, looking forward to the price of the watch and maybe even seeing other products being updated :D

markfc

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
Prestatyn, Wales, UK
Does it usually go down this early?

Oh well, excited anyway. By the end of the day I'll order an Apple Watch, Mio Alpha 2 or FitBit Charge HR / Surge...

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Has Apple done an event this early in the year since Tim Cook became CEO? I feel like ever since Tim Cook became CEO, Apple's first event of each year has been WWDC.

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
UK
Really hope we see the 12 inch Macbook Air with Retina screen :eek:

This may be an expensive month - thinking about getting the watch as well...

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
So does this mean the possibility of pre-orders or just that they'll update the apple watch bit with further info?

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
Very unlikely for this to happen, but I would love for the pre-orders to go live today. I just wanna order one now!

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Well this is either pre-orders for the watch or we are getting new Macs today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.