Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Its curious they have brought down the store. If they are were only going to talk about the watch and its not available til next month then there's no reason to bring down the store.

So hopefully they have some other wares to show us today.

Maybe rMBA or the Apple Watch is ready or both :eek:

Motawa

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
can anyone explain to my why they are keeping the store offline for hours? A website doesnt take that much time to update.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Its curious they have brought down the store. If they are were only going to talk about the watch and its not available til next month then there's no reason to bring down the store.

So hopefully they have some other wares to show us today.

Could just be for updating pricing on Watch.
My guess is for another product, available today. Capitalize on the fever & get your money twice: today + next month = the thinking of the most successful company on the planet. Plus announcing an "available today" product might mask any Watch sticker shock.
Either way, the global geekness is at an all-time high. And they know it. Masters.

I still maintain: the best part of any keynote are the moments leading up to the lights dimming and the house music stopping. At that very moment, any- & everything is possible.
Have fun, kids!

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
So there's absolutely no way that it may improve from a passing interview? No official date was added to the website. It says early 2015 not April 2015.

I mean it is always possible, but I don't think apple has EVER release anything early.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Doubt the Watch will be available for preorder today. Likely a MBA update or its just being taken down to it can go back up with Apple Watch info once the even ends.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
My bet is we will set a bit more hardware, which is good.

I rarely pay attention in the past, but if memory serves correctly. Don't they typically take the store down closer to or during the event? I don't remember them doing it this early in the past.

Chrjy

macrumors 65816
May 19, 2010
UK
It is the feature 99% of the viewers this morning care most about. My final guess:

Sport
$349 (38mm)
$449 (42mm)

Watch
$549 (38mm)
$649 (42mm)

Edition
$899 (38mm)
$999 (42mm)

Bands
$49-$200

I bet not a single one is accurate. :)

If they end up being that price I'd be happy....anything less and I'd be even happier :D

I think they are going to end up more than expected which is why I'm nervous...I do hope they don't overprice them.

CharlieBrandt09

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2012
Southern NJ
Quick question.

Not that I m expecting Watch pre-orders to go live today, but do other sites generally begin pre-orders in line with Apple.com?

I will be getting it from Best Buy, and I don't recall if retail sites go live with pre-orders at same time.

WiseAJ

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2009
PDX
Quick question.

Not that I m expecting Watch pre-orders to go live today, but do other sites generally begin pre-orders in line with Apple.com?

I will be getting it from Best Buy, and I don't recall if retail sites go live with pre-orders at same time.

Of course that's assuming it's available outside the Apple Store to other retailers at launch. I can see the Apple Watch being an only available at the Apple Store exclusive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.