Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
It’s either awaiting export or import clearance- I know they start import clearance while flights are in the air but it seems a bit early for US import clearance to have started. Hopefully it’s not still sitting in China, but I agree there’s still time for the date to move up even if it is.

Yes, some indications like you mentioned that it could already be in air. The tracking of pallets and updates are alwayys a bit behind. I love how the mass opening day shipments sometimes will miss most of tracking til scan and checkin at Louisville when pallets are broken up and they get shipped all over US

Reactions: SparklyOne

batcatman

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2009
My order shows Thursday delivery too but my local stores have enough stock of the phone I ordered. MG 256 Max. is there any way I can pick up the phone from store instead or is it too late now?

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008
My order shows Thursday delivery too but my local stores have enough stock of the phone I ordered. MG 256 Max. is there any way I can pick up the phone from store instead or is it too late now?

You can’t cancel your web order if it shipped, but you can return it once it gets delivered.

Reactions: batcatman

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
Mine shipped last night and I just got confirmation emails from Apple about both the phone shipping and my trade-in initiating.

Interestingly, the Apple email lists scheduled delivery date of 9/30 while UPS MyChoice says 9/26.

Mine is similar. Showed shipped, emails say 9/30 delivery.

UPS site says “Clearance in progress... Check back for Scheduled delivery.”

Ugh.

jasongoglio

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
Date Tentative after showing Thursday and a departure at 5:54pm from China, awaiting final release. My hope is it’s in a plane and we’ll see it Monday or Tuesday. Here’s to hoping!

sir42

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2003
NY, NY
You can’t cancel your web order if it shipped, but you can return it once it gets delivered.

I pre-ordered with iPhone Upgrade Program but also now showing delivery of 9/26. Could I still purchase from a local store today and later return the shipped phone without overly messing up my iPhone Upgrade Program enrollment.

dipan

macrumors member
Jan 22, 2008
Not too sure why they didn't divert extra stock to people who are pretty hardcore fans and order within minutes of preorder opening time instead of having all this “extra” stock in stores. Pretty annoying really. Anyway, I’m also in this crowd and got shipment notification and probable delivery next Thursday.

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
I pre-ordered with iPhone Upgrade Program but also now showing delivery of 9/26. Could I still purchase from a local store today and later return the shipped phone without overly messing up my iPhone Upgrade Program enrollment.

I'm pretty sure it can be done, but you'll have to do a new loan and a second credit pull. You will have then have two open loans and then when the shipped phone arrives you will have to return it to close out that loan.

SparklyOne

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
Yep! Named her Sara back when I had the 6Plus! No idea why I choose that name! LOL!
I’ve been calling mine Trevor ever since they introduced the male British Siri voice. Sometimes he gets uppity and tells me he‘s really more comfortable being called Siri. ?

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
Mine is shipped but with confusing info:
----------------------------------
In Transit 09/21/2019 8:58 A.M.-
The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.

09/21/2019 5:54 P.M.ZhengZhou, China
Departure Scan

Shipped09/21/2019 4:30 P.M.ZhengZhou, China
Origin Scan

Label Created09/21/2019 7:04 P.M.China
Order Processed: Ready for UPS
------------------------------------

The sequence of time is all out of whack. Also no delivery date.

Reactions: oneals2focus

mgmusicman94

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2008

Departure Scan

Origin Scan

Never trust UPS scans on iPhone launch. See the posts from everyone who got launch day delivery. It’ll make it.

skiii024

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2013
So sad...ordered within 5 minutes of pre orders opening up and delivery is Thursday. They are in Stock at my local apple store......da ***?

Reactions: oneals2focus

jasongoglio

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
Anyone else get their AppleCare agreement email with a start date of the 23rd? Possible hint it’ll come that day? Or does that come early for shipments?

CarboysDesire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Las Vegas
My neighbor has the green and brought it to show me. I pretty much hate it. I’ve always had either white or silver. I got sucked into the hype.

Since my green delivers by 9/30 Maybe I should just go buy a silver and then return the ugly green (it looks grey and not in a good way) when it arrives.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
I was on the fence about the green, so your comments make me feel better about going with Space Gray. I hear returns are pretty straightforward, though I’ve not ever needed to do that.

Reactions: CarboysDesire

SparklyOne

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
I ordered green, I can’t wait to see it. Some pics I’ve seen are meh and others are ?

baummer

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California
I’m in the 10/4-10/11 window, and no movement since I ordered on 9/13. 2 years ago my order was shipped and delivered a week before the date window provided, so hoping that’s the case this time as well.
[automerge]1569093999[/automerge]

Departure Scan

Origin Scan

Time zones explain it.

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
This is stupid! You can get an iPhone 11 pro in stores but people who pre ordered have to wait weeks?????

Yeah. I feel pretty dumb about preordering this year. I should have cancelled as soon as I knew I was not getting launch day delivery. I have four Apple stores within driving distance and literally all of them had stock. I got there this morning at 9.30am and was the sixth person in line.

I got my choice of phone and was out of there. The only thing I didn't like is I now have a second credit inquiry on my file. My original order has shipped and there's no way to cancel it, so I'll have to deal with a return next weekend.

My neighbor has the green and brought it to show me. I pretty much hate it. I’ve always had either white or silver. I got sucked into the hype.

Since my green delivers by 9/30 Maybe I should just go buy a silver and then return the ugly green (it looks grey and not in a good way) when it arrives.

I originally ordered the green, but when I was in the store today, it was the Space Gray I went with. It's more like a graphite color and looks pretty slick. The green, while nice, looks like a novelty that I will get bored with. It's still really nice how it changes with the light, but the space gray just out does it for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fireproof!

gorkt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2007
Yep, I was able to arrange a pick up at my local Apple store in an hour. Jeez, they really messed up preorders on this one.

Reactions: Fireproof!

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
Just got my AppleCare certificate email. It starts on Monday 23rd. Wondering if phones are already closer tha china?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.