Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
On 9/27 - 10/1 group shipped arriving 9/26. Got my AppleCare certificate thinking phone is near Maybe 9/23

AppleCare+ Proof of Coverage
Thank you for purchasing AppleCare+.

This Proof of Coverage confirms AppleCare+ coverage for your Apple product listed below. You can also verify your coverage online at mysupport.apple.com/products.

Please keep this Proof of Coverage, the original sales receipt for your Apple product, and the included AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions. Proof of purchase may be required if there is any question regarding your Apple product’s eligibility for AppleCare+ coverage.

Take a moment to review the information below. If corrections are necessary or if you have questions, please contact Apple Support.

ProductIPHONE 11 PRO MAX,NA,512GB,SPACE GRAY
Hardware Serial Numberxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Coverage End DateSeptember 23, 2021
Agreement Numberxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Your AppleCare+ coverage is now active and will end on the Coverage End Date above.

You have access to 24/7 priority technical support, additional hardware service options, and coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage from handling every 24 months, each subject to a service fee of $29 for screen damage, or $99 for all other damage, plus applicable tax. Please see the attached AppleCare+ Terms and Conditions for complete details.

zentrani

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
Went to the store and got a phone with IUP, will return the phone when I get it. Couldn't wait.

grouch92

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I was done in 4 minutes and have a 10-4 to 10-11 date span. But of course I ordered the popular 11 Pro 256 MG. The dates slipped that quickly. I saw something that said they might be having trouble with the green glass. I sure hope not!

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
Never trust UPS scans on iPhone launch. See the posts from everyone who got launch day delivery. It’ll make it.

I know it will. But the info sure is dodgy.
[automerge]1569109085[/automerge]
I’m in the 10/4-10/11 window, and no movement since I ordered on 9/13. 2 years ago my order was shipped and delivered a week before the date window provided, so hoping that’s the case this time as well.
[automerge]1569093999[/automerge]

Time zones explain it.

I've had that happen in the past. The only time preorder went smoothly was last year. 2 years ago it was a mess.

Zetaprime

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
Ohio, US
I was done in 4 minutes and have a 10-4 to 10-11 date span. But of course I ordered the popular 11 Pro 256 MG. The dates slipped that quickly. I saw something that said they might be having trouble with the green glass. I sure hope not!

Mine is the space grey 512. That was also all gone in less than a minute. Going in I was sure I'd get launch day delivery. But no such luck.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
Any updates on the shipment info other than sitting at the customs?

Nothing yet on my tracking. I am at nearly 10 PM CDT here in US. It is now almost 11 AM next day in China I am expecting by afternoon in China we might see changes it would seem odd to have my return box on 25th when it is scheduled to arrive before phone still in customs and currently scheduled for 26th. Given also that UPS tracking as we saw with opening day batch was missing a lot and often does not fully update until pallets are split at Louisville I am expecting we will see change in next 24 hours. Has anyone on the 9/27 to 10/1 group who now have 9/26 delivery estimate gotten their AppleCare plus certificate? Mine is valid today in email and it goes til September 23 of 2021. That makes me wonder if we wont see them on Monday the 23rd? I could be wrong but this seems like a reasonable guess.

forza69

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2010
Nothing yet on my tracking. I am at nearly 10 PM CDT here in US. It is now almost 11 AM next day in China I am expecting by afternoon in China we might see changes it would seem odd to have my return box on 25th when it is scheduled to arrive before phone still in customs and currently scheduled for 26th. Given also that UPS tracking as we saw with opening day batch was missing a lot and often does not fully update until pallets are split at Louisville I am expecting we will see change in next 24 hours. Has anyone on the 9/27 to 10/1 group who now have 9/26 delivery estimate gotten their AppleCare plus certificate? Mine is valid today in email and it goes til September 23 of 2021. That makes me wonder if we wont see them on Monday the 23rd? I could be wrong but this seems like a reasonable guess.
No movement on mine either. Still “clearance in progress”. I did receive my AppleCare email this morning with a 9/23 start date. Hopefully we get our phones on Monday. If not that’s total bs for our coverage to start when we don’t even have our phones yet.

Reactions: oneals2focus

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
No movement on mine either. Still “clearance in progress”. I did receive my AppleCare email this morning with a 9/23 start date. Hopefully we get our phones on Monday. If not that’s total bs for our coverage to start when we don’t even have our phones yet.

Enh, I think the AC+ agreement states that it begins when the phone ships. So while I feel your pain, technically you agreed to it.

oneals2focus

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2008
Indianapolis
Thursday 9/26 :cool:

Attachments

• 4749A850-BB95-47ED-9D9B-032DAA39ABFD.jpeg
    4749A850-BB95-47ED-9D9B-032DAA39ABFD.jpeg
    641.5 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: SparklyOne

SparklyOne

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
Mine is again showing 9/26 delivery per UPS. Still at the UPS facility in ZhenZhou, but no longer in clearance.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Why would you see movement if it says 9/27
Historically, Apple under promises and over delivers. Meaning your delivery estimate could be Oct.1 but the phone can deliver 3-5 days sooner. My iPhone 7+ was promised Oct 20, but I got it on Oct. 12-ish.
----------------------------------

With that being said... I got Oct 2-7 delivery but my order is still processing.

ssimonvii

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
Also seeing Thursday. Hoping it delivers faster though. Seems like it was in and out of clearance based off of the times. Hopefully it’s actually closer than the system shows.

That being said, it’s still super annoying the stores had significant stock and could have grabbed it yesterday...

dangoland

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2008
Also now seeing delivery for Thursday the 26th. Which would kinda suck. Seems like they didn’t even bother to do expedited delivery but longer standard delivery. Last year shipping around the same weekday it delivered the Monday after launch. Not Thursday.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
Enh, I think the AC+ agreement states that it begins when the phone ships. So while I feel your pain, technically you agreed to it.

Ok I never take time to read all the details LOL, just was trying to get my phone ordered and snag a 9/20 day within first 10 minutes which was a failure LOL
[automerge]1569153653[/automerge]
Mine is again showing 9/26 delivery per UPS. Still at the UPS facility in ZhenZhou, but no longer in clearance.

Correct saw same this morning. So maybe some movement to fly out today perhaps....

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
Also seeing Thursday. Hoping it delivers faster though. Seems like it was in and out of clearance based off of the times. Hopefully it’s actually closer than the system shows.

That being said, it’s still super annoying the stores had significant stock and could have grabbed it yesterday...

I am also hoping we get more details than tracking from scans of pallets soon. So perhaps it is further along we shall see. Does not make much of difference for me closest store is over 100 miles from us so ordering is only choice.
[automerge]1569153999[/automerge]
Also now seeing delivery for Thursday the 26th. Which would kinda suck. Seems like they didn’t even bother to do expedited delivery but longer standard delivery. Last year shipping around the same weekday it delivered the Monday after launch. Not Thursday.

Yes seems after the big opening day rush we go back to regular shipping. But at least its a day sooner than our original delivery date range of 9/27 to 10/1. I am hoping now that we see customs clearance updates will appear again showing it moving faster, still would be nice for Monday but won’t hold my breath.

Lordridley

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2014
NYC
I just got a new update and it says arrival to ZhengZhou again after the custom clearance. It took almost 12hours to get my phone cleared from the customs. Which is weird because when I looked at the others’ screenshots of their shipping history, I did not see anything related with the customs clearance.

rjjacobson

macrumors demi-god
Sep 12, 2014
I just got a new update and it says arrival to ZhengZhou again after the custom clearance. It took almost 12hours to get my phone cleared from the customs. Which is weird because when I looked at the others’ screenshots of their shipping history, I did not see anything related with the customs clearance.

Yes it shows customs clearance before all the other dates at ZhengZhou which are UPS scans mostly at factory and then who knows I am thinking most of action if you can call it that happens at UPS facility. The latest scan is long after customs and also after other ones. I assume the times are China dates and times not ours, used to be you could toggle local vs there times but I see nothing to do that now.

Sequence looks to be Label at 3:12 PM 21st, then Shipped at 4:30 (which is origin scan by UPS at factory or there facility never sure). These are all under shipped status, including the customs clearance much earlier start at 6 AM so thats obviously a bulk clearance event by customs of the phones. Now we are “In Transit” status and another arrival somewhere in UPS, I assume they have big facility maybe near the ZHENZHOU International Airport perhaps?

I see that there is airport in ZhengZhou maybe it’s all happening there. The 9:30 PM arrval scan after customs in the in transit status probably means UPS is readying to ship out of ZhengZhou. Given that the time is 13 hours later than us that happened 8 AM yesterday on my central time zone? So it seems to me it is moving now we have to wait at least til next pallet (s) scan occurs whereever that may be. Maybe you can all look for UPS flights out of China there? Our fun starts I guess even if not as exciting as opening day transit LOL

Progress IndicatorStatusDateLocationActivity
Future Event
Delivery---
Current EventIn Transit09/21/2019 9:30 P.M.ZhengZhou, ChinaArrival Scan
09/21/2019 6:02 A.M.-The package is at the clearing agency awaiting final release.
09/21/2019 5:54 P.M.ZhengZhou, ChinaDeparture Scan
Past Event
Shipped09/21/2019 4:30 P.M.ZhengZhou, ChinaOrigin Scan
Past Event
Label Created09/21/2019 3:12 P.M.ChinaOrder Processed: Ready for UPS

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.