Apple Orders J.J. Abrams-Produced Series 'My Glory Was I Had Such Friends' Starring Jennifer Garner

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 13, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has reportedly given a straight-to-series order for a show starring Jennifer Garner and executive produced by J.J. Abrams.

[​IMG]
    Image Credit: Jordan Strauss/Shutterstock via Variety

"My Glory Was I Had Such Friends," based on the 2017 memoir of the same name by Amy Silverstein, will follow a group of women who supported Silverstein as she waited for a second life-saving heart transplant, according to Variety.

The series reunites Garner and Abrams, who worked together on the ABC show "Alias" between 2001 and 2006. Garner starred in the drama series, which was created by Abrams and produced by his company Bad Robot Productions and what was then called Touchstone Television, now known as ABC Studios under Disney.

Bad Robot Productions will also produce this series in association with Warner Bros. Television, as part of a deal between the companies.

Garner most recently starred in the HBO series "Camping," and she also starred in the 2017 film "The Tribes of Palos Verdes," according to the report. She is also known for her work in films like "Dallas Buyers Club," "13 Going on 30," and "Juno."

Abrams and Bad Robot have previously produced shows like "Lost," "Fringe," "Person of Interest," and the ongoing HBO series "Westworld." Abrams is also known for films like "Super 8," "Star Wars: The Force Awakens," and the "Star Trek," "Mission: Impossible," and "Cloverfield" franchises, the report adds.

"My Glory Was I Had Such Friends" will be one of well over a dozen original TV series and movies expected to be distributed through Apple's rumored streaming video service, which will reportedly launch in more than 100 countries in 2019. Abrams is also set to produce the series "Little Voices" for Apple.

Article Link: Apple Orders J.J. Abrams-Produced Series 'My Glory Was I Had Such Friends' Starring Jennifer Garner

2. AngerDanger, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018

AngerDanger macrumors 68040

AngerDanger

Followed shortly by orders for "It's Not Very Nice to Have the Same," "I Don't Know if I Wanna Was," and "You Have any Chance That We Will."

All sure to be hits!

3. Spoon! macrumors 6502

Spoon!

Apple seems to be picking the most boring sounding shows/movies I’ve ever heard of.

4. imageWIS macrumors 65816

'My Glory Was I Had Such Friends'

AKA The Title Of This TV Show Is Too Long And Too Convoluted.

5. WannaGoMac, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018

WannaGoMac macrumors 68020

WannaGoMac

6. imageWIS macrumors 65816

The titles / shows seem to reflect Tim Cook's personality.

7. Spoon! macrumors 6502

Spoon!

Your first post made me chuckle, but your edited post has me rolling. :D

8. rmoliv macrumors 6502a

I highly doubt we won't have to pay extra to have access to these series. And I also doubt they will be available to everyone, everywhere. More like another US exclusive at first that will roll out as slow as Apple Pay. BORING.

9. Dranix macrumors 6502a

Nothing made by Abrams is worth watching...

10. Mike MA macrumors 68000

Mike MA

Hope Abrams/Bad Robot rather put some heavy focus on Episode IX, the last episode by Johnson was just terrible.

11. alexhardaker macrumors regular

I want Apple Pay cash in the UK!

12. cardfan macrumors 68000

Can’t see this doing anything to help apple at all. Such a waste of time for them. Not as dumb as apple car though.

13. Lesser Evets macrumors 68040

Lesser Evets

PHEW! Good thing Apple isn't trying to be TOO ORIGINAL. That might become entertaining, and we wouldn't want that.

14. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Not to take anything away from her, but that photo is from over 5 years ago.

She still looks good though.

15. SetRen68 macrumors newbie

SetRen68

Abrams is a Hack

16. Porco macrumors 68030

Porco

From TV: Original show, Alias.

To Apple: Alias>Show Original.

17. alpi123 macrumors 6502

alpi123

This is the gazillionth time I'm reading that Apple starts making a new show but yet we have zero set pictures on anything regarding the shows.

18. Dustin Lenzz, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2018

Dustin Lenzz macrumors newbie

Dustin Lenzz

They’re being produced/filming in the same facilities as the forthcoming AirPower wireless charging mat is being manufactured at. Details/photos of all (series and charging mat) will be coming shortly.

19. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68020

ryanwarsaw

What do you mean? You didn’t see the stock jump at this news? You can’t feel the enthusiasm in this thread?

20. yaxomoxay macrumors 68030

yaxomoxay

Is Apple trying to make Netflix look good??? I mean, each and every show that has been announced seems a boring fest full of Apple exec’s friends.

21. budselectjr macrumors 6502a

22. yaxomoxay macrumors 68030

yaxomoxay

Someone that doesn’t watch TV apparently.

23. Gasu E. macrumors 601

Gasu E.

The last movie was terrible on fan service, as it did not give long-time fanboys the exact predictable plot lines and outcomes they expected. In other words, it actually was a good movie.

24. itsmilo macrumors 68020

itsmilo