Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Partron22

macrumors 68030
Apr 13, 2011
Yes
Enough of this garbage. Just assemble enough talent and put together the resources to come out with a line of reasonably modern computers, and an operating system that's not loaded down with hundreds of little keyboards tricks you have to learn in order to perform routine tasks.
Maybe rewrite "Human Interface Guidelines", and stick to them for a change.

An MMU, minimally manageable upgrade is not going to cut it.
Many of us, after 4 and 5 year waits, are already going elsewhere.
Make the updates good, or you will lose your content producer base to Windows, and even modern Linux.
That'll kill your walled garden profit machine.

Reactions: DevNull0

ateslik

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2008
Hey everyone, it's the MacRumors comment section. Can anyone explain fun? We're so miserable.

We wouldn’t be this miserable if the 2015 macbook pro didn’t have a higher geekbench score than the top of the line mac pro! Oh, the humanity!! lol

Baymowe335

Suspended
Oct 6, 2017
This tells you everything you need to know about Apple's priorities.
Please expand on this with specific detail.

I’ll save you the trouble. Apple has the priority of crushing the competition and they are doing it better than ever. The proof is in the numbers. These guys are sharks and know what they are doing.

The only people distracted are those that think this stuff takes anything away from Apple’s dominance. It ADDS to it if anything.

Apple is a very serious company and they didn’t get there by screwing around, despite what the layman thinks.

SeattleMoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2009
Der Wald
Now I know why the Mac updates have been on the back burner for so long.....focus on Emoji design.
Apple has lost track of what made it great...so depressing.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Never used a single Memoji or Animoji. Never will. If I did something like this in my organisation I would be fired.

developer13245

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2012
"World Emoji Day", the day after "Trinity" day:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_(nuclear_test)

Two bombs in a row!
[doublepost=1531803602][/doublepost]
Trinity_Detonation_T&B.jpg

rlhamil

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2010
Apple executives are just so fun!

Now shut up and buy our dongles.... Siri commands you! (Because you can’t really ask it any questions)

What, like this?

VIGO
I, Vigo, the Scourge of Carpathia, the Sorrow of Moldavia, command you.

JANOSZ
Oh! Command me, lord!

VIGO
On a mountain of skulls in the castle of pain I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil...
[doublepost=1531806024][/doublepost]I do hope that with the memojis, they provide a way of transferring the parameters (various choices) that define one from one device to another. Right now ok, only on the iPhone X; but presumably soon on upcoming iPad, in a year or two on a MacBook or iMac, etc. Be silly to have to redefine them. I imagine they'd just default to putting the definition of your own in iCloud. (By comparison, with the original Wii console, one's Mii (avatar) could be uploaded to a Wii remote, and that remote carried to a friend's house and the Mii uploaded from it to their console. The Wii consoles were optionally online (for updates, etc), but I don't recall whether one could upload one's Mii via the network.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.