Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
DKB is now available as an option in Wallet. Adding the cards still fails though. Probably only a matter of minutes or a few hours until the cards start working. Rejoice, DKB & Apple users!

Reactions: Alanin and docfred

Mr-Fly

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
12732b9a424d4998156d59946c4e0649.jpg

Reactions: -Maxim-

Karma_isA_8itch

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2018
Anyone using DKB as their main bank account? Are payments being withdrawn instantly from the bank account? And if yes, does this work for both cards the giro and Visa card? Is it possible to activate/deactivate payments in foreign countries?

I am considering to switch from bunq to DKB so I am curious to know if you guys think the DKB account is a good primary bank account.

Mr-Fly

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Anyone using DKB as their main bank account? Are payments being withdrawn instantly from the bank account? And if yes, does this work for both cards the giro and Visa card? Is it possible to activate/deactivate payments in foreign countries?

I am considering to switch from bunq to DKB so I am curious to know if you guys think the DKB account is a good primary bank account.

Using it since 10 years as primary.
Payments with visa are not withdrawn instantly from the bank account. You have a Credit Limit and a Credit Card Account which holds all these bookings. Balance will be done once a month in full.
Giro Card will be billed right away from Account. Although it depends on the store which mechanism they choose to bill ignite shows up fast or slow.
Currently you can only setup the things kn the screenshot for the visa. No settings for the Girocard.
So jo disabling for foreign countries but nothing they stated that they are working on it.
In my eyes DKb is a good main Account, not fancy but free. They try to get more and more Fintech fancy stuff into their banking but It takes more time as in fintechs. They are Abtral Bank and a little slower in that. But I don’t care. For the fancy stuff I can always make an additional account somewhere else. For my main account I need stability and acceptance and in my eyes a German iban.
Hope that helps.

LarsN.

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2017
Anyone using DKB as their main bank account?
Yes since 7 years.
Are payments being withdrawn instantly from the bank account?
Yes and no. The payment is visible in the online banking view instantly. Card payments are withdrawn against the Account on the 22. of each month.
And if yes, does this work for both cards the giro and Visa card?
Girocard is contactless as well but no Apple Pay. Payments are withdrawn same or next day.

Is it possible to activate/deactivate payments in foreign countries?

No you have the following options. Deactivate card temporarily, deactivate web payments, deactivate payments in stores, deactivate contactless payments, deactivate cash machines.

You can also set an amount for which you are warned as a notification.

Hope that helps with your decision. Dkb has one of the lowest interest rates if you are over the account limit.

Karma_isA_8itch

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2018
@ Mr-Fly & LarsN

Thank you for your reply. Important for me is that I can instantly see the payments I made with my credit card just like it works with all those fancy fintechs. If I understood correctly this works just fine with the DKB Visa.

Is it possibly to manually pay off my credit card? I know that you can increase your credit line by topping up the card. So it should work right? If I make a payment and my card shows - 500 € I can move 500 € from my account to the credit card account it it’s cleared. (?)

How about sending money between accounts are those instantly or delayed? For example I move money from giro to credit card or from giro to Tagesgeld or from my account to my Account to my wife’s account. I seem to remember that those transfers always take a couple of hours if not days.

LarsN.

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2017
@ Mr-Fly & LarsN

Thank you for your reply. Important for me is that I can instantly see the payments I made with my credit card just like it works with all those fancy fintechs. If I understood correctly this works just fine with the DKB Visa.

Is it possibly to manually pay off my credit card? I know that you can increase your credit line by topping up the card. So it should work right? If I make a payment and my card shows - 500 € I can move 500 € from my account to the credit card account it it’s cleared. (?)

How about sending money between accounts are those instantly or delayed? For example I move money from giro to credit card or from giro to Tagesgeld or from my account to my Account to my wife’s account. I seem to remember that those transfers always take a couple of hours if not days.

The amount is visible but some information could be missing and be added after some days. Apple payments are shown as Plattenladen until they are fully booked.
I am not aware what N26 or others are showing or when.
You can top the card and the amount is available seconds after being topped but not visible. That can take up to three days.

I don’t know the delay for payments going back from visa to the main account.

Maybe you set up the account as secondary to check if everything is how you expect it to be.

Reactions: Karma_isA_8itch

Karma_isA_8itch

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2018
Are there any recent rumors regarding Apple Pay Cash in Germany?

Don’t think this will ever happen. And what use do expect from it? There are enough banks out there that support Apple Pay in Germany. The only advantage is that you can sent money between friends but it is more likely that Apple will allow this with normal Apple Pay like google does than offering Apple Pay Cash.

LarsN.

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2017
Good question what to expect from it.

I think that a global launch would have been pursued by Apple if the product has a chance or is in demand by a high amount of users. Only Apple knows the numbers but personally I think Apple Cash needs an additional use to be successful.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
Don’t think this will ever happen. And what use do expect from it? There are enough banks out there that support Apple Pay in Germany. The only advantage is that you can sent money between friends but it is more likely that Apple will allow this with normal Apple Pay like google does than offering Apple Pay Cash.

As Apple Card is coming to Europe and the daily cash is transferred to the Cash Card, inevitably we’ll get AP Cash...

Reactions: PR1985

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
Was this confirmed already?
Yep.

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...dman-card-test-to-thousands-of-retail-workers

I quote... "The credit card is scheduled to launch first in the U.S. in the next few months, but Apple has began discussing an expansion into Europe with financial regulators, a person familiar with the talks said." A while back Goldman Group CEO Gnodde said on CNBC, that they wanted to expand their retail bank 'Marcus' to Germany next (after a successful launch in the UK) and that Apple Card will be coming to European markets "soon".

Reactions: PR1985 and basti_no

Powermax

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2006
It will be interesting how Apple Card will look in Europe since we don't have room for these high cash back rates like in the US.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.