Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Sparkassen could’ve launched Apple Pay together with DKB had they signed the contracts at the right time. Their backend wouldn’t have supported it earlier.

Mr-Fly

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
But they could have kept young customers as they would have been able to Announce that they will get it.
With their „we will fight for open NFC and want our own app“ they made it horrible to understand for customers.

Reactions: Focalor

Cancelled
Original poster
Jun 20, 2017
This is rather disappointing for Sparkassen customers and in the end also for Sparkassen theirselves. All this "hick hack" and embarrassing behaviour of Sparkasse just for Apple Pay one year later with Visa/Mc and without Girocard, what a bummer. The first movers did this in Dec. 18

And no other Debit option either... very disappointing indeed. I thought that what Deutsche Bank could do, the Sparkassen IT would be able to do no problem. Obviously not :cool:

Reactions: Focalor

zdfbe4ah

macrumors member
Feb 7, 2018
And no other Debit option either... very disappointing indeed. I thought that what Deutsche Bank could do, the Sparkassen IT would be able to do no problem. Obviously not :cool:

I don't think that the Sparkassen IT wouldn't be able to do it – I rather think this is political decision as they want to move forward with their Girocard instead of also losing their debit cards to MasterCard.

docfred

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2018
Germany
I don’t see, where it is written that MC Debit is not included. Well I either don’t see the need for. So let‘s see what happens.

But they could have kept young customers as they would have been able to Announce that they will get it.
With their „we will fight for open NFC and want our own app“ they made it horrible to understand for customers.
It could be that this message could stop the hype of some other pseudo-banks.

You could read lot of „great, then I can close boon/n26/fidor/bunq/... account again“ the last two days.

So, will be interesting how these numbers will change over the year.

KarstenS

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2018
Has "Klarna" been here for a longer time or is it new?

image.png

Reactions: kkrdvc

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Klarna is new. Just added my card! It took them 2 months after launching the card to enable Apple Pay, which is a good thing I guess.

It’s a good card for all those people who want an Apple Pay card that Takes the money directly from the Giro Account :)

a058b06d7076fd92f6c080fe11fc5c3f.jpg

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
For anyone interested, this is how the settings of The Klarna card look like:
92951c99eb4a5aa793e5c90d01d46dd5.jpg
a916a79947cca5bc96ff2bb26bf05fd6.jpg
c38a26a17c4d6256cb140f65db7b72e0.jpg

You can choose if your payments will be automatically drawn from your bank account or if you want to get a bill for the payment and you choose when to pay (within 14 days of doing the payment).

Reactions: dschulian

Alanin

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Nordhausen
Just to inform you. Tried to get a Klarna Card. You have authenticate the order by logging into your bank account and letting them transfer 10 cents.

i am using a ING account which is a 'Gemeinschaftskonto'. And Klarna is not able to verify your data using a Gemeinschaftskonto, even the transfer itself is working.

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Just to inform you. Tried to get a Klarna Card. You have authenticate the order by logging into your bank account and letting them transfer 10 cents.

i am using a ING account which is a 'Gemeinschaftskonto'. And Klarna is not able to verify your data using a Gemeinschaftskonto, even the transfer itself is working.

It’s because they use the login to confirm your identity and with a Gemeinschaftskonto that’s not possible.

You can use a different account for the initial set up and then change the account from which the payments will be deducted after that.

Alanin

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Nordhausen
I have a N26 account and its a pain to get money to the account. dont want to keep an eye on my account to be sure there is enough money on it. I want something like an auto-top-up or something like that

or something like the Klarna Card which just takes the money from my account

Last edited:

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Well use the N26 account for the Klarna setup and then change the account from which the money should be taken in the Klarna app to your main account.

5e84c17919171f4feb7a6fd7e3daf2e5.jpg

Reactions: Alanin

Timeeee

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2018
Dortmund, Germany
Is the Klarna Card in any ways bad for the Schufa? I don't want to get it just to use apple pay with ING if its somehow in the Schufa. Not sure if I should be waiting for ING at this point :D

Alanin

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Nordhausen
As far as I know, they are asking the Schufa when issuing the card. but I dont know if this is going to be bad in terms of Schufa Score

Reactions: Timeeee

samwa3

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2018
Cool, just added my Klarna card to the Wallet app, worked just fine. Didn't expect it so early.

Edit: Regarding the Schufa, in my case "Klarna" is only listed under "Sonstige Dienstleister", and everything is just an "Anfrage" or "Bestätigung der Bankverbindung". I think the impact on the score should be minimal, if any. And if I remember right, "Anfragen" get deleted after 1 year anyway. There are no other entries (for example at "Kreditinstitute" or any other category), and especially not an entry for the card itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Timeeee

Focalor

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2018
How is DKB?
They have Apple Pay now (and Google Pay, just in case) and also seem to have a very nice Credit Card. Im thinking about changing over to them and making it my main account.

Any experiences? :)

samwa3

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2018
How is DKB?
They have Apple Pay now (and Google Pay, just in case) and also seem to have a very nice Credit Card. Im thinking about changing over to them and making it my main account.

Any experiences? :)

All things considered, I'm very happy with them. There are of course some areas where other banks have the advantage, but if someone were to ask me which bank to choose as their main account, I would probably go with them.

oneill983

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2014
I just switched to DKB from Sparkasse, overall I think they are great but I don't like their banking app at all. It basically is a web wrapper which just displays their website.

When it works, it's okay, but sometimes it is very slow to load (spinning circle) and the whole experience is just not that user friendly imho.

I read somewhere that they are completely re-writing (I guess it's not even that, more developing a new app) their app, to finally offer something that the competitors have been offering forever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.