Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr-Fly

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Yes they are developing a new app.
Anyhow I am using third party banking apps all the time as for more then one bank or card it makes sense.
At the moment I am using Outbank and banking4i.

Reactions: oneill983

oneill983

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2014
Yes they are developing a new app.
Anyhow I am using third party banking apps all the time as for more then one bank or card it makes sense.
At the moment I am using Outbank and banking4i.

Do you have a trustworthy source on that?

KarstenS

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2018
As expected earlier by someone else, ING added now virtual VISA and Girocard to their T&C.

The date they replace the older ones is the 14. september 2019.

Reactions: Alanin

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
That date doesn’t mean anything. It’s the date the PSD2 regulation becomes binding for all financial institutions.

Mr-Fly

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Really depends on what you want. DKB has no foreign fees.
Comdirect has ATM usage at Commerzbank also for adding cash.
But why not take both and make one your main?

samwa3

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2018
Sorry if this was asked before, but does anybody know if Advanzia said anything about Apple Pay support? Or what do you think, are they likely to join at some point or not?

Mr-Fly

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
These banks are slow as hell in that area. LBB also told me they have no Plans at the Moment on ApplePay. And they Host the Amazon Visa, which would Be great to have. One of the Reasons i keep boon, to Collect amazon points through boon.
And cashback from boon gives me enough Money for paying the fee.

Reactions: samwa3

Focalor

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2018
When you are outside of Europe, have you had any issues with fees using the DKB card? (either paying or withdrawing cash?) DKB itself says they dont pay any fees the foreign institutions/companies may charge.

And does Apple Pay work flawlessly all over the world with DKB Visa too?

Mr-Fly

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Used the card in the US a lot on my last trip. No charges at all.
ATM in the USA a different financed. The owner charges for withdrawal not the bank. So yes you might have fees when withdrawing and the owner takes a fee
DKB is not charging a fee.
With ApplePay. I only had the chAnce in France and it worked where wireless was accepted. France is a little bit different as they really had some old infrastructure without „sans contact“ as they use credit and chipcard already for a looooong time. So for me it seems like they have not yet started to change them all.
In Germany some stores just started now to accept credit, so most of the infrastructure accepts wireless.
So to summarize. ApplePay works.
Although I still use Boon often to
Redirect the costs to the amazon card and get Cashback.

Reactions: Focalor

kkrdvc

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2018
Have you thought about using Revolut instead of boon? You can still load it with the Amazon Visa but it’s free and you get a Maestro as well for those backwards thinking retailers and the weekend trip to the Netherlands.

Mr-Fly

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Yes i did. But there are two Things that keep me from replacing:
1. Auto Topup Can not Be activated and Support can not help with it.
2. LBB is canceling accounts that do top much Revolut topups

Revolut is on the List of the Bad Banks that some german Banks recently came up with. Reason is that they don't Check at all you Personal Data.

Focalor

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2018
Have you thought about using Revolut instead of boon? You can still load it with the Amazon Visa but it’s free and you get a Maestro as well for those backwards thinking retailers and the weekend trip to the Netherlands.
Is it possible to get the Revolut free account with (virtual) maestro only?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.