Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
Yeah, you believe it's between a man and a woman, so you get married to someone of the opposite sex. They don't believe that, so they get married to whoever they want. Why should a anyone try to force others to comply with their beliefs. Beliefs are between the person and their god. Not between the person, their god, and some random strangers they have never met.
I'm still trying to determine who, in this scenario, forced anyone else to comply with their beliefs?

Me and you were having an honest discussion. I expressed my beliefs, and you yours. But now you're being forced to comply? Where along the way did that happen?

Treq

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
I'm still trying to determine who, in this scenario, forced anyone else to comply with their beliefs?

Me and you were having an honest discussion. I expressed my beliefs, and you yours. But now you're being forced to comply? Where along the way did that happen?
The issue was that chic-fil-a supported anti gay marriage laws which force others to comply with religious beliefs that they don't share. That's where that came from.

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
The issue was that chic-fil-a supported anti gay marriage laws which force others to comply with religious beliefs that they don't share. That's where that came from.
From a totally objective standpoint, is it not any more unfair for someone who, in this example, believes in gay marriage to force their views upon someone who disagrees, by way of laws?

Everyone in this country has a voice and everyone in this country deserves a right to say what they believe. And ultimately someone (our elected representatives) makes a ruling, based on their people's feedback. And that's that. Sometimes we agree with rulings, and sometimes we do not.

Frankly I think it's terrific that everyone has a voice in this country. That's what America was founded upon.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
The fact that Apple Pay has been around nearly two years now makes this statement incredibly pathetic.
I cannot disagree with that statement more.

While I love Apple Pay (it's awesome on Apple Watch), it costs merchants money to replace the existing Point of Sales system, many of which operate at single digit percent profit margin.

The only way to get these merchants to upgrade is through law or money. Credit card companies are effective requiring EMV payment by shifting fraud liability to merchants for any magnetic swipe transactions. So many merchants are upgrading, which given the choice of either (1) slow and confusing chip and PIN payment terminal or (2) terminal that also accepts NFC, are choosing NFC instead.

Treq

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
From a totally objective standpoint, is it not any more unfair for someone who, in this example, believes in gay marriage to force their views upon someone who disagrees, by way of laws?

Everyone in this country has a voice and everyone in this country deserves a right to say what they believe. And ultimately someone (our elected representatives) makes a ruling, based on their people's feedback. And that's that. Sometimes we agree with rulings, and sometimes we do not.

Frankly I think it's terrific that everyone has a voice in this country. That's what America was founded upon.

It is different because no ones rights to practice their religion are infringed upon if gays can marry. That doesn't infringe on anyone's right to practice their religion at all. All gay marriage rights do is allow gay people to marry. A right that has been denied them in some states, but, thankfully, that injustice has ended.

Zirel

Suspended
Jul 24, 2015
I know it's not entirely Apple's fault; but they've definitely dropped the ball in terms of helping retailers understand why it's important to make the investment and support the technology.

Truth is nobody is refraining to order things they want just because they can't pay with their phone.

Also costs money, specially if you are equipping like 100's of terminals.

ggibson913

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2006

chickfila.jpg
Starting on August 19, Apple Pay will be available in Chick-fil-A restaurants across the United States, allowing fast food buyers to make their purchases both in-store and at the drive thru using Apple's payment service.

The news was shared by the Chick-fil-A Twitter account following an inquiry by AppleInsider writer Roger Fingas, who had heard a tip that support was already rolling out at some Chick-fil-A locations.

Chick-fil-A was first announced as an Apple Pay partner in February of 2016, and support was supposed to roll out shortly after, but it has taken several months for the restaurant to implement Apple Pay. Chick-fil-A will also be accepting Android Pay starting on August 19.

Chick-fil-a rival KFC, which also specializes in fried chicken, began accepting Apple Pay at the beginning of June.

Apple Pay is now officially accepted by more than 100 retailers in the United States, along with all locations that allow contactless payments.

Article Link: Apple Pay Launching at Chick-fil-A on August 19

Umm paid with apple pay tonight there

yaxomoxay

macrumors 604
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
It is different because no ones rights to practice their religion are infringed upon if gays can marry. That doesn't infringe on anyone's right to practice their religion at all. All gay marriage rights do is allow gay people to marry. A right that has been denied them in some states, but, thankfully, that injustice has ended.

I strongly suggest that you guys open a thread in PRSI, or some mod will delete the discussion. This thread is about Apple Pay, not a legal and social issue.
[doublepost=1471490695][/doublepost]
Umm paid with apple pay tonight there

Is it Apple Pay or contactless payment? It's different

kwikdeth

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2003
Tempe, AZ
I like Macrumors but maybe we can have a separate news feed for the posts about every retailer that's contemplating ApplePay or every artist that's considering Apple Music.

Throw the watchbands in that feed too, while we're at it.
Emojis too please.

Jason83

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2014
PA, USA
Not enough to get me to eat there. I don't like their chicken sandwiches. Why do they always put a pickle on it?... Even when I ask for no pickle... There's a pickle. Wendy's has just as a chicken sandwich that's just as good.
The only time I had a pickle on my sandwich was the one time I forgot to ask for no pickle. In my experience Wendy's screws up sooooooo much more often.

Reactions: Khalanad75

kwikdeth

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2003
Tempe, AZ
Those are one and the same to the retailer.
My guess would be that franchisees have had the option to add it to their stores which is why some people have been using it and others can't yet. This story would imply that it's being adopted at the corporate level, so by that you can expect to use it in -any- location.

v0lume4

macrumors 68020
Jul 28, 2012
It is different because no ones rights to practice their religion are infringed upon if gays can marry. That doesn't infringe on anyone's right to practice their religion at all. All gay marriage rights do is allow gay people to marry.
You know what, you make a point Treq. At any rate, it's great that we all have a say (both supporters and non-supporters). No one should ever be denied the right to express their views, businesses or individuals. People can just vote with their dollar, if they so please. :) If we don't all agree, so be it. We never will. We're all different.

Suspended
Jun 23, 2016
New York and Berlin

I still won't go. Not only are they overpriced, but I'm still sore about the whole anti gay thing from a few years back. I won't order from Papa John's for the same reason.

Pity, cause Apple Pay is a big bonus.

^ Thank you! I was hoping someone would have the courage to point this out. It's a Christian company notorious for pushing religious dogma on its employees and by-proxy its customers (and yes, this is on point, it's not political but fact).

Last edited:

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
I've never visited a Chick-fil-A. By the name alone it sounds disgusting. It sounds like a brand of reconstituted chickenmeat blend used to sculpt nuggets and other novelty puréed-animal shapes. Chick-Fill-A, like Soylent Pink for chickens. And that logo doesn't help.

My vote for worst comment I've ever read on Macrumors....and I've been in tons of arguments with folks over terrible comments....

I mean....just insane. Chick-Fil-A is literally the best fast food you can get - the food is as healthy as could be from a fast food joint, and the service is second to none. Literally, I've never had a bad experience at a chick-fil-a and have eaten there hundreds of times. Their app is fantastic and the fact they are rolling out ApplePay in store is awesome as well.

Easily the best fast food joint on the planet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.