Apple Pay Promo Offers $1 Crispy Chicken Sandwich From Burger King

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today sent out emails advertising its latest Apple Pay promotion, which offers a $1 Crispy Chicken Sandwich at Burger King for customers who order ahead through the Burger King app for contactless pickup or delivery.

The offer can be found in the Offers tab of the BK app and is valid through June 10. The offer is not valid in Alaska or Hawaii, and delivery orders require a $10 minimum purchase.

In addition to Burger King, Apple in its email also highlights several other major merchants that feature Apple Pay for online orders with in-store pickup, including Best Buy, Office Depot, Target, and Walgreens. Apple also highlights Puma and REI as two new retailers that are now accepting Apple Pay.

Just this week, Apple and Walgreens teamed up on a new promotion that offers Apple Card users who sign up for an account during the month of June the ability to earn $50 in bonus Daily Cash when they spend at least $50 on their Apple Card at Walgreens within 30 days of opening an Apple Card account.

Article Link: Apple Pay Promo Offers $1 Crispy Chicken Sandwich From Burger King

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
A promo getting you a price higher than the food is worth from a fast food chain that should be dead. Ok. Sure. YCPOUOYWHBMWASNDFAAK.

Reactions: lpc2

DEXTERITY

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2004
Too bad they are all closed for the most part, especially around here in NJ
- - Post merged: - -

Their app is still a mess. After several redesigns there is still the same annoying bugs and crashes, issues with payment, and random cancellations. You’d think for a chain as large as this they would at least put in the minimum effort.
They are practically out of business

• Haha
Reactions: JBGoode and Marekul

newyorksole

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
I used to LOVE BK as a little kid and then again in college, but I saw the light. I haven’t willingly bought it in yearsss.

The last 2 times I went with my partner, the employees were unsure of their own menu items.

Wish it was McDonald’s Wendy’s or Popeyes.

Reactions: The Barron

BGPL

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2016
California
I would pay a dollar to not install an app, so I'll just avoid this deal and we'll call this a wash.

Burger King is the worst fast food place, at least in Canada.
It used to be better, but they went downhill. The whopper is still a decent sandwich, but it took a dive with everything else. The veggie whopper is the franchise scratching and clawing to stay alive. The dining rooms are shabby and the staff are not motivated like other fast food chains. I remember when whoppers would go on sale for $0.99. Two fisting whoppers in college for $2.15. Then $0.59 items at Taco Bell for dessert.

Reactions: Marekul and Regbial

tmiw

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2007
San Diego, CA
Their app is still a mess. After several redesigns there is still the same annoying bugs and crashes, issues with payment, and random cancellations. You’d think for a chain as large as this they would at least put in the minimum effort.
Not surprised considering that at least one BK here still has NFC disabled for some reason when you pay inside (while some/most others have it working with the same terminals).

BornAgainApple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Massachusetts
Kind of ashamed to see a healthy living advocate like Apple promoting a clogged artery like BK.

I would pay a dollar to not install an app, so I'll just avoid this deal and we'll call this a wash.

It used to be better, but they went downhill. The whopper is still a decent sandwich, but it took a dive with everything else. The veggie whopper is the franchise scratching and clawing to stay alive. The dining rooms are shabby and the staff are not motivated like other fast food chains. I remember when whoppers would go on sale for $0.99. Two fisting whoppers in college for $2.15. Then $0.59 items at Taco Bell for dessert.
I think of BK as the K-Mart of the fast food industry. Walking into one is like taking a trip back in time.

PinkyMacGodess

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Burger King did an 'inversion'. They are owned by a foreign company, and pay zero US corporate taxes. I looked into doing an inversion, and an accountant laughed, and then looked at me not laughing. Yeah, apparently 'real people' can't do an inversion like that. Fake people, corporations, can. DANGIT!!! Oh, and people that move out of the country STILL PAY US TAXES for a time after they leave. Like, what's up with that? Um... *shrug*

I think of BK as the K-Mart of the fast food industry. Walking into one is like taking a trip back in time.
People that worked at the BK I worked at said that getting into McDonald's was harder. But I know people that went from one to the other. It didn't make much sense. It's just a restaurant. Well, except for the people that worked at the Arby's. OMG!!!

The one in the town where I grew up apparently never cleaned their slicer. The health inspector stopped by, and people said he actually threw up at what he found there. The place was closed down, and eventually bulldozed. As far as I know, there has never been an Arby's within those city limits since. Wow... (WE HAVE THE MEATS!!! And...) Yeah, I don't do Arby's either. But, in defense of the Arby's mutants, cleaning a slicer is dangerous. I worked at a restaurant that didn't rely on their slicer much, and only certain people could clean it. Those things are SHARP! :oops:😀:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: lpc2 and Regbial

DevNull0

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2015
Looks like the quality varies from one country to another. BK here in Mexico is fairly decent. And I can and have used apple pay at BK locations here too, though unofficially.
Burger King in Canada is quite a bit better than in the US, but it's still a few steps below "decent".

I don't know why so many people install fast food apps to let themselves be tracked in exchange for a few coupons that aren't as good as what they used to get in mailers. This doesn't even cost the company to send out the coupons.

Reactions: Darkwalker

szw-mapple fan

macrumors 68000
Jul 28, 2012
They are practically out of business
The app was pretty bad for years. I’m sure the pandemic didn’t help, but I’ve been hitting issues with their coupon/ordering process almost every time I open the app (which admittedly, is not very often) long before coronavirus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.