Apple PDA - 2 Mo?

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
more likely to update the iPod

Now this is just my opinion, but if anything Apple would be more likely to update or evolve the iPod than to bring out a seperate PDA, after all they did give the iPod such an ambiguous name (they could have called it something like imp3, though that name is lame its just an example) and iPod can already handle the Address Book and soon iCal right? and those types of programs are really the only thing PDA's are good for anyways.
The PDA market is overcrowded as it is, adding more functionality to the iPod just makes sense.
-Richard

Shrek

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2002
Nashville, Tennessee USA
Originally posted by King Cobra
BTW, I think this thread has gone down the toilet, rather than in flames, but I'm not going to post a damn pic about that! :p :rolleyes:
Actually, it'd be pretty funny if you did Cobra, or if somebody else did. I don't have Photoshop to make one myself, so. . . :p

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
Austin, TX
Re: more likely to update the iPod

Originally posted by Total OS X
Now this is just my opinion, but if anything Apple would be more likely to update or evolve the iPod than to bring out a seperate PDA, after all they did give the iPod such an ambiguous name (they could have called it something like imp3, though that name is lame its just an example) and iPod can already handle the Address Book and soon iCal right? and those types of programs are really the only thing PDA's are good for anyways.
The PDA market is overcrowded as it is, adding more functionality to the iPod just makes sense.
-Richard
I don't think that this will happen for 2 reasons.

1. The iPod has lousy input features.

2. Apple doesn't want to integrate too many things into one. They're the ones who said that they don't want your Mac to be your TV too.

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2002
Thanks for the info King Cobra... (as you can see from the image it's not offensive! =)

-- J

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
mole mole mole mole mole

Don't all these PDA threads go down the sh:tter?

Scottgfx

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2002
Fort Myers, FL
Re: apple PDA sighted!

Originally posted by zimv20
This happened on Thursday.

You see, I do gene therapy on cats (I have a basement)...

I turned it on and it had all my contact and calendar info from 1998 on.

And on the front it said: Newton MessagePad 2000.
Hey, your cat came over the other day to borrow a cup of sugar, now I can't find my Newton. What gives? And what the hell is that smell soming from your basement?

fallt

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2001
Ireland
Steve Jobs' hairdresser's sister...

All I can say is ask Steve Jobs' hairdresser's sister. Her boyfriend knows... and he's not saying.

davidc2182

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2001
Sin City
for ARN

I know its been around for a while but with phone integration happening with PDAs it wouldnt make sense for apple to come out with just a PDA and some of the rumors state it will have a phone mode, and I thought I read somewhere that Jobs or someone stated the next evolution of PDAs will be into phones or something of the sort.

iwantanewmac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2001
Yeah if all those people want a pda whine on and on and on and.......eventually they will be right. (maybe) :)

davidc2182

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2001
Sin City
you tell em!

yeah you tell em, however I would rather have a tablet running OSX :) it would help us students out there because laptops are so uncomfortable in classes.