Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple announced their financial results for the 1st fiscal quarter of 2007 ending on December 30, 2006.

Apple posted record revenue of $7.1 billion and record net quarterly profit of $1.0 billion, or $1.14 per diluted share. These results compare to revenue of $5.7 billion and net quarterly profit of $565 million, or $.65 per diluted share, in the year-ago quarter. Gross margin was 31.2 percent, up from 27.2 percent in the year-ago quarter. International sales accounted for 42 percent of the quarter’s revenue.

Apple shipped 1,606,000 Macintosh computers and 21,066,000 iPods during the quarter, representing 28 percent growth in Macs and 50 percent growth in iPods over the year-ago quarter.

“We are incredibly pleased to report record quarterly revenue of over $7 billion and record earnings of $1 billion,” said Steve Jobs, Apple’s CEO. “We’ve just kicked off what is going to be a very strong new product year for Apple by launching Apple TV and the revolutionary iPhone.”

“We generated over $1.75 billion in cash during the quarter to end with $11.9 billion,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO. “Looking ahead to the second fiscal quarter of 2007, we expect revenue of $4.8 to $4.9 billion and earnings per diluted share of $.54 to $.56.”

A live streaming conference call of the Q1 2007 Financial Results will take place at 2:00 p.m. PST on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 at http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/earningsq107.

Full notes available here

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Good numbers but I noticed they are projecting MUCH lower earnings for the next quarter.

$7.1 Billion for Q1 2007
$4 Bilion for the next quarter.

Christmas rush?

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Congrats.

BTW: when was the last article regarding Apple's imminement ( spelling ) demise?!

macshark

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2003
Now make even more money by releasing a consumer upgradable Mac.

I wish. :(

Not a bad idea. If there is anything negative in what is probably the best earnings release in the history of Apple, the CPU sales numbers did not increase over the previous quarter. We need cheaper iMacs and a headless single processor Core 2 Duo model.

Squonk

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2005
Good numbers but I noticed they are projecting MUCH lower earnings for the next quarter.

$7.1 Billion for Q1 2007

Christmas rush?

Why yes it was the holiday rush! :D

Edit: And lot's of people holding onto their $$$ for the iPhone later this year.

LagunaSol

macrumors 601
Apr 3, 2003
Oh crap, stellar financial news from Apple. That means my stock will take a dive now, thanks to the bizarre mentality of those who buy and sell Apple shares.

With AAPL and investors:

Bad news = bad
Good news = bad
Fantastic news = really bad

Ah well, things will rebound, then head for infinity and beyond.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
I do find next quarter's profits quite scarilly low. Last years Q2 was 4.3m. Yes, that means lower profits than last year. Esh.

Also, I'm not too excited about Mac growth. Although they are growing, they went from 1.2m to 1.6m macs. I thought it would have been better...thats all.

Webcast in 10mins.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Mac sales were UP something like 27% over the prior year quarter which is how comparisons are made "fair".

Margin growth! That means Apple has pricing power.

BIG unit sales growth, BIG revenue growth, BIG, make that huge, PROFIT growth.

Wall street is a whore for growth.

Consumers are whores for features and immediate gratification.

Apple seems to be delivering.

Rocketman

macshark

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2003

$7.1 Billion for Q1 2007

Christmas rush?

The expected revenue is 4.8-4.9B for the next quarter, and the expected profit is .54-.56 per share.

In comparison, the revenue for the Jan-Mar quarter in 2006 was 4.36B and the profit was .47 per share.

Even assuming that Apple is not low-balling as usual, they are expecting more than 10% revenue growth and more than 17% earnings growth next quarter compared to the corresponding quarter in 2006.

mwswami

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2006
21 million iPods?!?

That's way higher than any analyst predicted. They were saying 16.5m which was way too low considering last year's 14m.

Waahooo for stock holders.

I am no analyst but I predicted 18-20M ipods mid November on AppleInsider forum. :D

liven2

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2002
Bonney Lake, WA
Stock will go down does every year!!

I hope I am wrong but every year after they announce there Q1 results about 2 to 3 weeks later if not days later the Apple stock will plummet. It will most likely do the same again this year as it has for the last three years in a row. The Market seems to think that Apple did really well so therefore there is no way than can keep up the continuous growth. So they go innto this doom and gloom mode Last year the stock took a dive so it will probably do it again.. It always comes back up but it takes like until late spring/summer before we start to see it rise again... SLowly!! Sigh :eek: I hope I am wrong!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.