Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Now that Apple's "Spring Forward" media event has wrapped up, the company has posted a full video of the event on its website, which viewers can watch at their leisure.

During the event, Apple shared several product videos, which it has now uploaded to YouTube. There are dedicated videos on the new MacBook, each of the Apple Watch models, the new West Lake, China Apple Store, and more. A full list of videos is below.

- The New MacBook - Design
- The New MacBook - Reveal
- Apple Watch + Christy Turlington Burns
- Apple Watch - The Watch Reimagined
- Apple Watch Sport -Aluminum
- Apple Watch - Steel
- Apple Watch Edition - Gold
- ResearchKit - how iPhone is transforming medical research
- West Lake, China - Apple Store Opening

Along with the videos, you can also check out our full list of media event highlights below, featuring all of MacRumors event coverage.

- Live Coverage of Apple's March 2015 'Spring Forward' Event
- HBO and Apple Announce 'HBO Now' Exclusively for Apple TV, Apple Devices
- Apple Lowers Price of Apple TV to $69
- Apple Announces 'ResearchKit' Aimed at Medical Research
- Apple Announces 12-Inch Retina MacBook With Revamped Trackpad, Starting at $1,299
- MacBook Air and 13" Retina MacBook Pro Updated to Improve Speed and Battery Life
- Apple to Release iOS 8.2 Today With Support for Upcoming Apple Watch
- Apple Watch Sport to cost $349 (38mm) and $399 (42mm)
- Stainless Steel Apple Watch Pricing: $549 to $1049 (38mm), $599 to $1099 (42mm)
- Gold Apple Watch Edition Costs Between $10,000 to $17,000, Available in Limited Quantities
- Apple Watch Launches April 24, Price Ranges From $349 to Over $10,000
- Apple Watch Bands Range in Price from $49 for the Sport Band to $449 for the Link Bracelet
- Apple Watch Battery Life: 18 Hours Mixed Usage, Up to 72 Hours on Power Reserve
- USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter for New MacBook Includes HDMI and USB 3.1 Connectors

Article Link: Apple Posts Full Video of Today's 'Spring Forward' Event, Plus Product Videos

Last edited:

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
Apple be like

1yjxud.jpg

Mcthings

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
Where can I download a copy of the keynote on my iPad? Getting on a flight and would like to watch it.

iPadProXL-2.5

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2014
cheaper than the watch Edition...lol

view it from the right angle (its price) and it won't look so scary...
"cheaper than the watch Edition"...:cool:

...and it will probably drop by $200 when the new 14" MBA Retina hits the stands, just saying...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

CarpalMac

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2012
UK
Worth downloading the media event to listen to the deafening silence when the watch pricing was announced...

shabbasuraj

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2004
So is there only 1 port on that MacBook? *****? If so how is that going to work in the real world? If so, how is a bunch of stupid looking dongles/splitters/hubs going to help productivity?

"Hey look at this sleek notebook, and to the right is a tangled rats nest of multi-coloured cables."

RIP MagSafe, Thunderbolt, and SD Card slot. You were all true friends, except for Thunderbolt, I really never got to know you."

LOL, no new displays... Apple basically doesn't give a **** about MacPro users.

Last edited:

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
except without touchscreen - which would have been really nice

True. I was really hoping the mac rumor was going to turn out to be the iPad Pro with a keyboard cover. Disappointed! I like my wife's macbook air, but really like my iPad with a third part keyboard cover. What I want is a slightly larger version with true multi tasking. PLEASE Apple, I want to give you my money.

poppy10

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
UK
NuqWdcq.png

Where did it go?

nsptSjH.png

The Apple Watch is going to be useless for running if you need to carry around a bulky 6 inch phone with you too.

dfs

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2008
California
Whaddya mean $549 for a (presumably 38mm.) Apple link watch? The price given on the Apple Store site is $999 (where did your writer get a link to that page specifying $549?) . Note that the price differential between the link watch and the least expensive model with a 38 mm. stainless steel case ($549.00) is $450, which is an insane price to charge for a link bracelet band. And it makes me ask why I can't buy the cheap model and pick up my own third-party bracelet-style band, and there are plenty to choose among for less than fifty bucks.

Something is seriously wrong here. May I suggest that whoever wrote this article needs to look into this matter and get back to us with a clarification?

Smearbrick

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2013
Central PA
Tim Cook has all of the charisma of a ham sandwich on white bread (no condiments).

Watching him made me bored and not in the least excited about anything he was selling.

I think I need to stop watching the media events and just stick to browsing their products when they are released.

The gold apple watch for $10,000 really took the cake. This kind of solidifies my belief that Apple has become less about innovation and more about accessorizing.

Ok... I the Macbook was cool. Although I'm not a fan of planned obsolescence and would love to see a Mac that was upgradeable.

J InTech82

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2013

Where did it go?

The Apple Watch is going to be useless for running if you need to carry around a bulky 6 inch phone with you too.

Notice the two different pairs of shorts? That's because she is running two races. Perhaps the phone is in the bag that is around her waist in the second photo?

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Awesome. I'm going straight to the pricing announcement for the SS and edition watches, never have I heard a CEO of Apple sheepish in announcing something and the responce being the sound of crickets!

----------

Tim Cook has all of the charisma of a ham sandwich on white bread (no condiments).

Watching him made me bored and not in the least excited about anything he was selling.

I think I need to stop watching the media events and just stick to browsing their products when they are released.

The gold apple watch for $10,000 really took the cake. This kind of solidifies my belief that Apple has become less about innovation and more about accessorizing.

Ok... I the Macbook was cool. Although I'm not a fan of planned obsolescence and would love to see a Mac that was upgradeable.

Good post.

In a way I want the watch to fail, cause it would be a message to apple to stick to what they are good at. If they believe they can create ultra expansive accessories and versions of thier products , the company that created computers for all will be catering for the 1% . Apple needs to remember what made them an awesome company! They are not a luxury company.

kalsta

macrumors 68000
May 17, 2010
Australia
After watching the keynote, I have to say I'm impressed! Very clever design and engineering in both products, to pack so much technology into such small, sleek enclosures.

I also have to say, I have zero desire to buy this watch. I'm pretty okay with the taking my phone out of my pocket when I need to do stuff.

I also have to say, it'll be a sad day if I ever feel compelled to buy a computer where thinness takes priority over things like performance, connectivity and user input. If this is the future of Apple laptops, I think I'll be driving my 2011 MBP for as many years as I can.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.