Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
Just finished it. Not bad, but still nothing like a Stevenote™.

It's like when Roger Waters left Pink Floyd. Still a good show, just not what it used to be. :D

(Though I'd pay good money to see Steve build a wall between him and the audience during a keynote.)

Bubba Satori

Suspended
Feb 15, 2008
B'ham
He's definitely looking ill...

Oh man, let's see how this pans out eh?

128660498159844805.jpg

:D

russellc

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2006
No, unfortunately that and the matte option for the mbps were sorely missing from an otherwise very fullfilling night.

Wow those two things would have piqued my interest. Nothing for me to get angry about either, considering I received one of the first bunch of unibody Macbook Pro's.

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
New MBP is starting to look VERY appealing right now. That along with a new Wireless-N Router.... haha!! Heaven!!!:D

powderblue17

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2007
Why do these Apple keynote streams never work on my MacBook? It just doesn't connect but I can go to my Windows PC and it works fine. I'm a network admin and have still never been able to figure this out.

aznkid25

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
It probably took longer than usual to post the video since the iPhone version is up now too.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
Why do these Apple keynote streams never work on my MacBook? It just doesn't connect but I can go to my Windows PC and it works fine. I'm a network admin and have still never been able to figure this out.

Try this.

Go to System Preferences > Quicktime > Advanced > MIME Settings...

Select "Custom..." in the transport menu. Switch the transport protocol from UDP to HTTP. (No idea why Apple buried this options so far down where nobody can find it.)

And as a network admin, I'll assume you won't need an explanation as to why that works. :D

NAG

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2003
/usr/local/apps/nag
I didn't think it was that bad of a keynote. The only real turd was at&t (and I think Apple was framing them as such hopefully to get more leverage).

armoguy94

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2007
It was a bit disappointing. Nothing special was released. Not like the old times back when iSights were only beginning to become implemented into the iMacs, and the switch to Intel.

powderblue17

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2007
Try this.

Select "Custom..." in the transport menu. Switch the transport protocol from UDP to HTTP. (No idea why Apple buried this options so far down where nobody can find it.)

And as a network admin, I'll assume you won't need an explanation as to why that works. :D

Thanks that did it.

Cinemagic

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2007
AT&T is holding Apple back. Apple has boosted AT&T's business and AT&T shows their gratitude by screwing their customers. I had T-mobile before iPhone. When the iPhone came out, I switched carriers. I love my iPhone but AT&T absolutely sucks. They have more dropped calls than any other carrier, less bars in more areas than any other carrier. They say that they will not support tethering - but just for the iPhone. They add additional fees for iPhones and I'll bet they cap data limits just to squeeze more money out of iPhone users.

Wake up Apple. Stop exclusivity with the world's worst network - AT&T. More carrier choices will allow more sales and a better product not constrained by AT&T. he exclusivity may have been beneficial when the iPhone first was introduced, but those days are over.

I upgraded to the 3G last year. Now AT&T wants an additional $100 for me to upgrade to 3GS. I may as well wait another 6 months. There is very little 3GS will do for me that my 3G can't do now.

The 3GS looks like a very nice upgrade. AT&T is the kill joy.

albeik

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2003
Marlborough, MA, USA
Try this.

Wow! that worked like a charm! Started very quickly and the quality is better too.!! Thanks!!! :)

PS: Anyone know what is the best way to save it so I can watch it with my wife on my Apple TV on my big screen?

xDYLANx

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Oregon <3
I really want to watch it, but the videos always look like crap and are way too small when they first post them

Hattig

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2003
London, UK
This is the worst keynote of all time. iPhone 3GS upgrade for 400/500 dollars on top of the monthly plan that charges as though its subsidized? AT&T never ceases to amaze me.

Um, it is subsidised.

If you're paying off your 3G contract early, then don't be surprised if they want you to pay more to cover the subsidisation cost of the previous phone that you haven't paid off yet.

diabolic

macrumors 68000
Jun 13, 2007
Austin, Texas
Great keynote considering all the announcements.

All the complaining about iPhone upgrade pricing tells me that the GS will again be something everyone wants. Most of the complainers will still end up upgrading, and they'll still sell millions of them.

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
Try this.

sweet you're the man!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.