Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
Again, I am a man, and I find the iPhone 6 to be an impractical size.
I am with you there. Like you, I'm a man and I find reaching the upper left corner of the screen hard on iPhone 6. It is used embedded everywhere: go back to your mail list, go back to Pandora stations, etc... Android folks have the back button to do that, but iOS is not optimized for a big screen in terms of usability.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
I am with you there. Like you, I'm a man and I find reaching the upper left corner of the screen hard on iPhone 6. It is used embedded everywhere: go back to your mail list, go back to Pandora stations, etc... Android folks have the back button to do that, but iOS is not optimized for a big screen in terms of usability.
I don't always remember this, but you can double tap the home button to get reachability to activate. Note I said tap not press.

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
I don't always remember this, but you can double tap the home button to get reachability to activate. Note I said tap not press.

I know you can do this, but its just annoying when you've got to do things like this just to make a screen size you don't want, work . In addition to that, last time I used it, it didn't work with interactive notifications which I use a lot.

Reactions: Benjamin Frost

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
I know you can do this, but its just annoying when you've got to do things like this just to make a screen size you don't want, work . In addition to that, last time I used it, it didn't work with interactive notifications which I use a lot.
Ah. Yeah. I rarely use it. When I showed my wife she was all like what about all that grey space up top.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
I know you can, but that's yet ANOTHER action you have to do and is not ideal in terms of user experience, it's actually easier to shift your hand up to reach the corner.

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
I know you can, but that's yet ANOTHER action you have to do and is not ideal in terms of user experience, it's actually easier to shift your hand up to reach the corner.
Exactly how I feel... I don't need or want the extra screen size, so I don't want to jump through hoops to cope with something I don't need/want, when 4 inches suit me perfectly.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
Yeah.

It would be nice to have the option of a 4" screen while retaining the same internals as the larger models. Not that I want a smaller phone any more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.