Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple will soon begin selling the Vision Pro in additional markets outside the U.S., according to Bloomberg, and Mark Gurman today reports that the United Kingdom and Canada are included in the list of countries where the headset is next set to launch.

Apple-Vision-Pro-at-Steve-Jobs-Theater.jpeg

Gurman's update corroborates the exact same list of countries for the next Vision Pro launches that MacRumors revealed back in March. They include:
  • Australia
  • Canada
  • China
  • France
  • Germany
  • Japan
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • UK
Apple has not announced a launch date for the Vision Pro in these countries, but it is expected to happen after the Worldwide Developers Conference, which is set to take place from June 10 to June 14.

To prepare for the multi-region launch, hundreds of employees from international retail stores have been flying into Cupertino for multi-day Vision Pro training sessions, according to Bloomberg.

Interest in the Vision Pro in the U.S. has waned in the months since its launch, leading Apple to reportedly reduce shipments. While international sales may revive enthusiasm for the device, the $3,500 USD price tag remains a significant barrier. Pricing for other countries has yet to be announced.

Article Link: Apple Prepares to Launch Vision Pro in UK, Canada, and Other Countries

sc00ba

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2024
I'm guessing for us n Australia Vision Pro with be $6-7000 dollars and after the rave reviews, I'll pass.

Thanks anyway Timmy, but if you haven't had a look around at the world right now, things aren't in a good way especially in terms of petrol and grocery prices, not that you'd know how much a litre of milk costs.

Also, thanks for putting the iPad Pro prices up in Australia, Apple truly are the only company that can get away with putting prices up in the current financial climate.

So altruistic of you and way to go bridging that gap that just keeps getting wider between the rich and the poor🙄.

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
I'm guessing for us n Australia Vision Pro with be $6-7000 dollars and after the rave reviews, I'll pass.

Thanks anyway Timmy, but if you haven't had a look around at the world right now, things aren't in a good way especially in terms of petrol and grocery prices, not that you'd know how much a litre of milk costs.

Also, thanks for putting the iPad Pro prices up in Australia, Apple truly are the only company that can get away with putting prices up in the current financial climate.

So altruistic of you and way to go bridging that gap that just keeps getting wider between the rich and the poor🙄.

iPad Pro is more expensive everywhere because it includes incredible new display technologies. Apple has worked to keep prices as low as possible by trimming back some features that only a small number of people used. Apple doesn't price gouge and always wants to get their products into the hands of as many people as possible.

purplerainpurplerain

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2022
I want a Mac Pro Extreme and I want macOS to add Blu-ray playback support.

Not joking.

I want to be able to watch movies without internet and buy stuff I can own that isn’t even available in streaming and never will be because of regions and distribution deals.

The promise that we will be able to legally stream any and every movie is dead. It never happened and never will. So please add support for Blu-ray.

Last edited:

actcyclist

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2017
iPad Pro is more expensive everywhere because it includes incredible new display technologies. Apple has worked to keep prices as low as possible by trimming back some features that only a small number of people used. Apple doesn't price gouge and always wants to get their products into the hands of as many people as possible.
OLEDS aren’t new, and the samsung version is about as thin. Sorry, but you’re high on your your own emissions

lenningj

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2023
£3500 for Vision Pro £499 for AppleCare+, not an accessible device to simply walk in to a store and check out like all other devices (i understand why.. headset etc), out of reach for majority of apple users by price alone. Wonder what stores foot traffic will look like after a few weeks for store demos etc. Bad enough recently walking instore to find a staff member to ask a question without an appointment.

idmean

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2015
I want a Mac Pro Extreme and I want macOS to add Blu-ray playback support.

Not joking.

I want to be able to watch movies without internet and buy stuff I can own that isn’t even available in streaming and never will be because of regions and distribution deals.

The promise that we will be able to legally stream any and every movie is dead. It never happened and never will. So please add support for Blu-ray.
And how exactly does this relate to the Vision Pro becoming available in more countries?

sc00ba

macrumors member
Feb 6, 2024
Where on the Apple website did you pull that bit of marketing garbage from?

No mate, Apple hasn't worked to keep prices as low as possible and yes they price gouge in Australia. It's now just over $2000 for a 512GB 11" iPad Pro which is almost what we used to pay for a 15" MacBook Pro in this country and when Timmy started putting the prices of that machine and many other devices in their inventory up almost ten years ago, he used the excuse of "the U.S dollar is stronger than other currency's". So when our dollar was in the toilet, Timmy decided to kick us while we were down and has kept doing so every time they release a new model of something. It's no wonder people in Australia want the old Jobs Apple mentality back where they brought out a new model for the same price as the old model, then they dropped the price of the old model.

You can stop with the hyperbole now, no one's falling for it🙄.

arkitect

macrumors 604
Sep 5, 2005
Bath, United Kingdom
Apple Prepares to Launch Vision Pro in UK…
How… how exciting. /s

Yeah… Good luck with that.

£4,000+ for a one person piece of tech with pretty much zero reason to exist?

Perhaps Apple really are only catering for the 1%, but right now in the UK things are not good.
NHS on its knees, consumer prices rising through the roof… food bank queues.

But, OTOH, who knows. 🤷🏻‍♂️

London is stuffed full of Oil money, Russian oligarchs and City boyz ready to splash the cash. You know, Tim's kinda people.
I guess they'll be queuing up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.