Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luckypro93

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2020
I’ve been on the very first production version of iOS 16 which is 16.0 (20A357) on my iPhone 14 Pro Max and the battery life has been amazing and so has the performance. Ive been holding out on the updates because they seem to be more problematic than last ones.

• Sad
Reactions: Babygotfont

Ampidire

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2007
WA
I wish they could fix the “almost always on display” to “always on”. Annoying if you want to have your phone close to the bed at night and want to see the time without touching it.
I think it might be tied to the sleep/alarm/do-not-disturb schedule.

Tuppery Numnak

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2012
Anyone else still having issues receiving FaceTime calls on 16.0.2? Some contacts can FaceTime me and some it says I’m not available. All calls still go to my iPad Mini, of course.

FastLaneJB

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2008
Excellent questions. I know it sounds weird, but I think many people actually enjoy having things to be perpetually unhappy about.
We identify ourselves as British to the rest of the world 😉

Anyway I've returned my iPhone 14 Pro Max as it would start and stop charging regularly on MagSafe. I've not seen this really mentioned so think for once I had a hardware and not software issue. As they had no replacements in store and they might have been refurbished anyway I took a refund. Ordered another but be start of November by the time I get it. Hopefully Apple will have sorted it all out by then.

I'll make do with my Galaxy Fold 4 until then as my primary phone.

• Haha
Reactions: fatTribble

citysnaps

macrumors G4
Oct 10, 2011
How much screen time though?

Quite a lot. I'm a news junkie (local/US/foreign) and frequently accessing/reading the news from my dozen different news apps. News videos too.

Something to think about is screen brightness, as it can be jacked up to 2,000 nits for when you're reading emails in direct sunlight.

Most of the time, at least for indoor use, I find 30-40% brightness is just fine. Keeping brightness at 2,000 nits I suspect would quickly run down the battery, and is blinding anyway.

Reactions: cygy2k

IIGS User

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2019
The battery life on my 14PM hasn't been the best, but it's not devastatingly bad.

I've experienced the volume issued in car play as well. My SO commented on it the other day when we were using maps for navigation. The voice prompt volumes were screwy.

Reactions: decypher44

Stromos

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2016
Woodstock, GA
Carplay bug is obnoxious and super fun when you have to unplug and plug the phone back in while driving hoping it might clear up.

Also seeing the camera roll bug now where trying to send a picture in a third party app the camera roll takes a good 20-30 seconds to open.

Reactions: terrywfoster

MaskedCarrot

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Northern VA
Hope it fixes my new iPhone 14 Pro Max bugs:
__ Overheating.
__ Abysmal battery life.
__ Safari white screen.
__ CarPlay volume
__ UI lag.
__ Not being able to add links to my reading list.
I am sorry to hear that you and others have issues like these. I however, am fortunate that I have not experienced any of those issues. I do use a Wireless CarPlay converter for my car though, since it only does wired built in. My battery life has been great so far, better than my 13 PM I used to have.

I can never really figure out why some people have issues and some don't, assuming these are software issues.

Reactions: cygy2k

ghostface147

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2008
Apple needs to slow the pace of hard and software releases. Let these products cook a little bit more. Seriously, nobody cares about making Hollywood style movies or a macro of your hibiscus in your backyard garden. Zuckerberg is already downgraded once it gets on social media anyway.
Are other companies going to stop?

travoose

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2008
Central PA
Hope it fixes the AOD wake-up issue where sometimes it does not wake-up or goes into a deep-sleep-state that does not allow the phone to do anything for hours at a time. In addition to that, hoping for an ESIM fix where you can actually activate your phone, not sure if this is a Verizon or Apple issue; neither have seemed to own up to this one. After close to 20 hours of sitting in a Verizon store, coupled with phone support from Apple, I wish I had not upgraded and just let well-enough alone. Very frustrating release to this point.

Reactions: jamesrick80

BobSc

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2020
I can never really figure out why some people have issues and some don't, assuming these are software issues.
Given the truly unbelievable amount of Apple bashing that now consumes most of any given thread, I'm now convinced that the majority of these complaint are bogus. There is no proof of these claims. There is no longer any credibility amongst the bashers. I'm sure a few complaints represent real issues, but most are just "jump on the Apple bashing bandwagon" because it simply becomes a way of life for so many. I have NO battery issues. I have no lag. I have almost none of what the bashers complain of. It's made up. And it's disingenuous and sad.

BobSc

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2020
Also seeing the camera roll bug now where trying to send a picture in a third party app the camera roll takes a good 20-30 seconds to open.
Just tried this. No problem at all. Interesting how a new bug pops up every few minutes here. It's all about the credibility.

• Haha
Reactions: Babygotfont

jpenske1234

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2022
Staying with my 12 mini and ios 15.7 until ios 16 and the iphone 14 line up become more stable, I guess primarily the software. Between 16 and iphone 14, I don't think Apple has had a more screwed up launch, or maybe there has been but I don't remember. I know that not everyone is experiencing problems, but I don't want to take the chance. I am ready for an upgrade, but I'm certainly not in any rush. In any case, there is a 14 day return policy, so if the 14 pro doesn't work, then back to Apple it goes. I always keep my old phones just in case. If I keep the new one, then I take in the old one for credit. But seriously, Apple, you really need to listen to your customers. Engineers in general have a very arrogant attitude that what they like is what everyone is going to like. And you may want to hire more QC folks for your iOS department because you sure are having a bunch of problems.

iPhoneFan5349

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2021
Quite a lot. I'm a news junkie (local/US/foreign) and frequently accessing/reading the news from my dozen different news apps. News videos too.

Something to think about is screen brightness, as it can be jacked up to 2,000 nits for when you're reading emails in direct sunlight.

Most of the time, at least for indoor use, I find 30-40% brightness is just fine. Keeping brightness at 2,000 nits I suspect would quickly run down the battery, and is blinding anyway.
Yes, how much?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.