Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matarain

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2022

iOS 16.0.2 was released last month with several bug fixes for iPhone 14 issues, excessive copy and paste permission prompts, and more. Now, evidence suggests that Apple is planning to release iOS 16.0.3 with additional bug fixes.

iOS-16.0.3-Beta-Feature.jpg

Evidence of an upcoming iOS 16.0.3 software update has shown up in MacRumors analytics logs, which have been a reliable indicator in the past.

There are several remaining iOS 16 bugs that iOS 16.0.3 would hopefully address, including an issue with low volume during CarPlay phone calls placed with an iPhone 14 Pro, display flickering on some iPhone models when brightness is set low, a string of text that can crash the Mail app, an error when attempting to edit Cinematic Mode videos shot on an iPhone in Final Cut Pro and iMovie on the Mac, and more.

It's unclear when Apple plans to release iOS 16.0.3, but our best guess is this week or next week given that iOS 16.1 is expected to be released later this month. iOS 16.1 features support for Live Activities in third-party apps, a new Clean Energy Charging option for U.S. users, support for Matter accessories in the Home app, Apple Fitness+ without an Apple Watch, a battery percentage icon for additional iPhone models, and more.

There is precedence for back-to-back iOS updates focused on bug fixes. iOS 15.0.1 and iOS 15.0.2 were released 10 days apart last year, while iOS 11.0.2 and iOS 11.0.3 were released eight days apart following the launch of the iPhone 8 in 2017.

Article Link: Apple Preparing iOS 16.0.3 With More Bug Fixes Following iPhone 14 Launch

iOS 16.0.2 was released last month with several bug fixes for iPhone 14 issues, excessive copy and paste permission prompts, and more. Now, evidence suggests that Apple is planning to release iOS 16.0.3 with additional bug fixes.

iOS-16.0.3-Beta-Feature.jpg

Evidence of an upcoming iOS 16.0.3 software update has shown up in MacRumors analytics logs, which have been a reliable indicator in the past.

There are several remaining iOS 16 bugs that iOS 16.0.3 would hopefully address, including an issue with low volume during CarPlay phone calls placed with an iPhone 14 Pro, display flickering on some iPhone models when brightness is set low, a string of text that can crash the Mail app, an error when attempting to edit Cinematic Mode videos shot on an iPhone in Final Cut Pro and iMovie on the Mac, and more.

It's unclear when Apple plans to release iOS 16.0.3, but our best guess is this week or next week given that iOS 16.1 is expected to be released later this month. iOS 16.1 features support for Live Activities in third-party apps, a new Clean Energy Charging option for U.S. users, support for Matter accessories in the Home app, Apple Fitness+ without an Apple Watch, a battery percentage icon for additional iPhone models, and more.

There is precedence for back-to-back iOS updates focused on bug fixes. iOS 15.0.1 and iOS 15.0.2 were released 10 days apart last year, while iOS 11.0.2 and iOS 11.0.3 were released eight days apart following the launch of the iPhone 8 in 2017.

Article Link: Apple Preparing iOS 16.0.3 With More Bug Fixes Following iPhone 14 Launch

Matarain

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2022
They need to fix & address this serious battery issue. From charging once a day with juice left I now have to change 3 times - iPhone 12.

Reactions: celo48

paulcons

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2017
New York City
Honestly I hate these kinds of stories as my M1 iPad Pro can't get 16.x... seems like it's been delayed forever with only the vaguest of words from the fruit (I think they said "this year for the iPad Pro."). There really is no excuse for this.

• Wow
Reactions: SFjohn

Beautiful Opinion

Suspended
Sep 20, 2022
I wonder what accounts for the different experiences with the same hardware and software versions. The battery life on my iPhone 14 Pro has been excellent. And I have had none of the bugs that 16.0.1 and 16.0.2 intended to fix.
It must be a rogue background process, or perhaps one person uses a different combination of Bluetooth, Wi-Fi etc., maybe background location in apps like Google Maps are the culprit. So many variables.

Chemist83

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2020
My iPhone 14 Pro Max reboots while charging. None of the fixes work. My iPhone 14 Pro Works fine.

Chemist83

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2020

MyOwnDrummer

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2022
It’s been a week. Really looking forward to having the CarPlay bug fixed. I “live” in vehicle and make hours of business calls a week. This is highly annoying.

Chemist83

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2020
The 16.1 beta seemed to fix the issue. I was able to replicate the problem every time on my iPhone 14 Pro Max. Every time it rebooted it show the Panic file on the analytics. Never happened on my iPhone 14 Pro and I have them set up exactly the same. No panic or reboots on that phone. The difference was that the iPhone 14 Pro was set up as a transfer and the 14 Pro Max was set up from the 14 Pro icloud backup. I can't replicate the reboot on 16.1.

demwun

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2016
Battery life on 13 Pro is SO bad since 16.0.3……how annoying. Just got this phone, loved the battery life, now it feels like my old iPhone X..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.