Apple Promotes Powerbeats Pro in New Video Featuring Famous Athletes

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Apr 15, 2019.

1. jimbobb24 macrumors 65816

I like the connecting cable on the current ones. Hope they continue to have a model like that.

2. Glockworkorange macrumors 68000

Glockworkorange

I agree--just release them already. Or don't say anything until they're ready.

3. sigurros macrumors newbie

I can’t believe we are debating the color.

What we should be complaining about is the fact that they cannot be charged wirelessly!

Like many other people, my AirPods fall out when I work out and they are such a distraction, having to constantly reset them. I was looking at these new Beats, but there’s no wireless charging...anyone care to guess why not?

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Wireless charging is nice but, for me, it isn’t mandatory. I carry a cable and portable battery when on the go. It would not make sense to carry a wireless charger on the go. Wireless chargers are also slower than cable. At home, wireless is fine.

5. M.PaulCezanne macrumors 6502a

M.PaulCezanne

$250 for earbuds is LOW price?

6. Ankaa macrumors 6502a

And here I am still waiting for Apple EarBuds (don't care whether Apple or Beats branded) that actually look decent and stay put (looking at you AirPods) and don't have an ear hoop (Beats Pro). Such as Bragi Dash or Samsung Gear IconX. I have fairly small ears and wear classes - I can't do ear hoops (and they look ridiculous in the ad video on someone who clearly has smaller ears)

7. citysnaps macrumors 601

Holy smokes! That was some very fancy camerawork and editing. And a top shelf result.

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Wirelessly charging doesn’t matter for headphones for me and many. Until the battery life of my airpods went way south. Until my phone. I only needed to charge the case every now and then so it didn’t matter at all.

9. ascender macrumors 68020

ascender

I'm glad they did away with the cable because in my experience, the remote on there was a weak point in the design and was very susceptible to letting moisture/sweat in which in the end would kill them.

10. Fishing Rick macrumors newbie

Fishing Rick

Great ad, but such an ugly product design. I guess I can't complain much as most BT headphones look like hearing aides nowadays.

Does anyone know if there are any waterproof ones that can be used for swimming?

11. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

Eh, no thanks. I'll stick with my AirPods.

Ben Simmons though!

12. Mansu944 macrumors 6502a

If they were $200 I’d do it. I can’t let Apple win these price wars.

13. avvpiras macrumors member

«... are designed to create a tight fit in the ear to isolate sound, and there's no ambient noise mode, which is something to keep in mind».
    The lack of an ambient noise mode minds: DON’T wear both when running or walking in places open to traffic.
    I don’t mind because outside home I plan to wear only one to manage phone calls, but these can be very dangerous.

14. bjoswald macrumors regular

bjoswald

I scroll down MacRumors and see some athlete's dirty armpit. Lovely!

15. thirteen1031, Apr 16, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2019

thirteen1031 macrumors 6502a

thirteen1031

As said, the ones featured are “Ivory” not beige, so a muted or off-white. HOWEVER, beige IS back in style. How did this happen? I think because that most popular of colors, pink, has been going toward paler and paler shades and finally fell over into what we call “flesh colored” meaning pale beige. Also, in case you haven’t noticed, the 90’s and 70’s for that matter are back as the latest retro fashion. Both were big on beige.

As for myself, I will avoid both beige and ivory by going for blue Powerbeats pros. ;) I really like the ad and, yes, I really want a pair.

As for when they’ll be released...I was in an Apple Store recently and asked about them. The sales person said May...obviously, we don’t know if that’s early or late May...but I get the feeling it’ll be within the first two weeks. I hope so.
    Form follows function and I get the feeling that it’s difficult to create an aesthetically pleasing earbud that will really stay there in the ear no matter what—and do all we want them to do including phone calls. The look of these is clearly more a matter of “what works best” rather than “what’s pretty.” That said, (1) I’m pretty sure they tried to make them as pleasing to the eye as possible while still staying in the ears of someone sweating and doing flips and (2) I suspect the colored ones will look a lot less “fugly” on those wearing them than the ivory ones. Just guessing there. Obviously, it remains to be seen.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

16. pankajdoharey macrumors 6502

pankajdoharey

This must be the most expensive not tech, tech company Apple ever bought. I mean who is Dr Dre ? Is he a Acoustic engineer and Audio Scientist? Half the tech Beats tries to copy from Bose isnt even a faithful copy.

17. Tarheels23 macrumors member

Tarheels23

Try telling that to Drake :)

18. canyonblue737 macrumors 65816

I've loved my 1st gen AirPods since launch but I've had to use little silicone covers with a hook to get them to stay in my ears. It's a pain take them off and on each time I use the AirPods but otherwise they will just fall out even walking. These fix EVERYTHING and with a smaller tighter look compared to the PowerBeats 3 seem to be the nicest looking over the hook ear design I've ever seen. I get it, not as clean looking as a little bud that slips in your ear (Jabra, Bose etc.) but those just don't stay in place for me.

Day 1 purchase for me. I'll give my old AirPod's to my 10 year old and place bets with the wife on how many hours until he loses one.

19. deeddawg macrumors 604

That's the problem trying to create one design to fit myriad different people. What works for one doesn't work for the other.

I'm the opposite -- the bare AirPods are super comfortable for me and I find the silicone pieces on most other earbuds become uncomfortable fairly quickly. Go figure.

Hope these work out for you.

20. Baymowe335 macrumors 601