Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You'll see it again if the App Store cache clears due to low storage. As well as the "Apps by Apple", which for me is every day.
If that's the case, that's quite unfortunate. It's one thing to have the ad show up (which isn't great already) but another to have it appear again when it was already skipped or handled some way before.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Let's be honest.
Mobile phone makers are now looking at heatpipes (some already use them) to cool the CPUs

No matter what you do, it's a tiny chip, stuck in a phone case and it's going to get HOT.
In a perfect world your phone would be your only computer, but heat is a killer.

We are reaching the limits of how much heat a phone can deal with.
Shame..........

Munky

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2011
Reading fail?

That's not what he said. He said if he wanted ads, he would go to Android as they are cheaper.
Yes but he is implying that apple is charging 600 for phones that advertise "no pop up ads". Apple has never ever said you will not see ads with our phones.

Also an equally equipped phone on another platform would be the Galaxy s6...about 500 bucks, so not really much cheaper considering the different storage sizes between the two. In that case there are plenty of flip phones that have no ads on them at all...go join a Star-tac forum.

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
Not cool. I could understand it if it was in the Apple Store app, but opening the regular app store to this sort of advert is not what people pay the $100s for (both on hardware an in the app store!).

Maybe if it was something RELEVANT like an APP it would be harder to complain about, but this has nothing to do with the app store!

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I totally understand people's anger...it's a real hassle to reach up and press that "skip" button. #FirstWorldProblems

Yes, these are i'm sure the same people who get angry at iAds . Just accept it and press that button...

How dare Apple advertise on *their own phone*

aroom

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2014
can I trade up my samsung chip for a tsmc ? I need to upgrade my iPhone 6s

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I have a few phones laying around that I use for a variety of purposes and thought I'd see what they were offering...

$15 for my mint 32GB iPhone 4. They won't even take my current phone, Sharp Aquos Crystal. LOL

Reactions: 5105973

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011
More like: Ridiculously Huge!

I don't want a 4.7" phablet. I want a 4" phone. So I'm sticking with my iPhone 5S until Apple release a 4" iPhone with modern features like 3D Touch and support for Apple Pay. If it costs the same price as Apple's phablets, fine. I already have an iPad for when I want a two-handed device.

You must have toddler sized hands if you think 4.7 is a phablet. I guess you must feel like an iphone 6s plus is like a full sized tablet. Lol.

I guess you're never going to upgrade then if you're waiting on a 4" phone.

GMcBride

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
What's confusing to me - How can Apple promote buying somebody an iPhone as a gift when I can't easily buy it for those on my plan. I'd love to upgrade the iPhones in my family, but I cannot walk in and buy it because it has to be activated right then and there. Even if I buy it and have it shipped, Apple admittedly sends the recipient text messages congratulating them on the new phone.

Doesn't Apple know how to "gift" an iPhone? Am I missing some easy way?

George

kungpaaao

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2015
You must have toddler sized hands if you think 4.7 is a phablet. I guess you must feel like an iphone 6s plus is like a full sized tablet. Lol.

I guess you're never going to upgrade then if you're waiting on a 4" phone.

I have good sized hands, but I want a 4", so I keep my 5S. I have had the 6 and the 6+ and they were too big. Esp. those of us who ride bikes and need a phone they can fully operate with one hand or you are a runner. The 4" is big enough for many of us. Anyway, we have iPad minis already.

And...my wife, like a lot of people, has tiny hands and is petite. The 5S is easily big enough for her.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
Then emphasis on annual updates is targeted at bleeding edge adopters that actually do that, but also trailing edge adopters who are still on a 4 or 5 to get them the see even a recent user has a reason to upgrade. Apple is all about users being on the three most recent OS updates and 2 most recent hardware updates.

That's why they will never be a commodity supplier like HTC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.