Apple Re-Releases Security Update 2007-009 (v1.1)

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple has updated Security Update 2007-009 to v1.1, available in 10.4.11 PPC and Universal and 10.5.1 Universal flavors.

According to Apple's documentation, the new version does not affect the security content of the original update, but addresses an issue that may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit when browsing to certain websites.

Apple initially released Security Update 2007-009 earlier this week, which included a host of security updates for both 10.4.11 and 10.5.1.

Article Link

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
I don't use Safari, so I would know. All I know is that I had to install a security update again. But no biggy.

Sceneshifter

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2007
bah the thread where I announce it gets locked because 'this was old news', where as it was a brand new update!

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Hasn't showed up for me yet.

Edit:Someone already did it for me =].

knockknock

macrumors member
May 28, 2003
at home
No wonder safari was quitting all the time . Well at least they fix it within the week I installed the update.

fandsw

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
Helena, AL
...at least this one installed smoothly on mine, the one from a week ago caused my MP to lock up needing a hard reboot.

BTW

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
No wonder safari was quitting all the time . Well at least they fix it within the week I installed the update.
I didn't have any problems but I do appreciate the update anyway. I suffered the MacBook keyboard issue and was glad they fixed that quickly.

Besides bug fixes I'd like to see some feature re-works and augments. Maybe I'm just an Outlook freak but I'd like to see some integration between Mail and iCal. Why can't I just open Mail and view a calendar on the left to see what events are coming up? If I'm curious then clicking on the date should open iCal.

kaiwai

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2007
Christchurch
Read: Makes Safari snappier :cool:
What's so snappyless about Safari? I mean, all due respect, screw snappy - get the damn thing working properly with Google services - such as when I copy and past something into the text area of my posting box, it appears at the bottom of the page. Why can't basic things like that be fixed?

Grrr, it really does piss me off when Apple does very little to actually address incompatibility issues with very common websites.

thats nice

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2006
Good to see, i've had a couple of crashes, nothing crazy but i just put it down to me having 10+ tabs open at once. Guess it wasn't me for a change. :)

jonhaxor

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2007
Grrr, it really does piss me off when Apple does very little to actually address incompatibility issues with very common websites.
but is that a browser problem? or a website application problem? .. then how does one define common websites?

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
What's so snappyless about Safari? I mean, all due respect, screw snappy - get the damn thing working properly with Google services - such as when I copy and past something into the text area of my posting box, it appears at the bottom of the page. Why can't basic things like that be fixed?

it will all work better soon... how long did it take to integrate gmail talk with gmail thru safari? now that that's working there are other issues with gmail... but it's not exactly apple's responsibility here. as all webdesigners know it's their responsibility to have their code work flawlessly in common browsers... this is something that google needs to fix, and i'm sure they've been working on it.

jonhaxor

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2007
Its a Google site!

It works on Camino, works on Firefox - why doesn't it work nicely on Safari?
it's typically lower on the developer priority list since firefox and IE tend to make up about 90% of the browser user-agent strings .. bugs and feature/functionality tends to get addressed a little slower - file a bug with google to raise awareness

sdcacevedo

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2006
its funny how Safari 2 quits unexpectedly when accessing apple.com/retail

and that includes safari on the iphone.. try it..

aaron.lee2006

macrumors 65816
Feb 23, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Good, the last update wouldn't install for me. Couldn't verify package content. Hopefully this one works. Restarting now, I'll post back.

EDIT: Worked fine this time :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.