MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple today released Bluetooth Firmware Update 2.0 for all Macs with Bluetooth based on Broadcom chipsets.
This update provides bug fixes and better compatibility with the Apple Wireless Mighty Mouse and Apple Wireless Keyboard.

It installs on all Macintosh systems with Bluetooth based on the Broadcom chipset.
The update weighs in at 1.78 MB and requires OS X 10.5.7.

Article Link: Apple Releases Bluetooth Firmware Update 2.0

justflie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Red Sox Nation
I've been having trouble with my 2009 Mac Pro. My BT connection is weak and appears to drop from time to time, showing the "connection lost" message. And yes, my batteries have plenty of juice. Hopefully this update will improve reception and all that.

Comment

SFNE Freak

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2003
CT
Hoping this helps me out with some random disconnects I've been having with my wireless keyboard at home and wireless Mighty Mouse at work. Don't want to send my baby in for a new Bluetooth chip. :(

Comment

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Hoping this helps me out with some random disconnects I've been having with my wireless keyboard at home and wireless Mighty Mouse at work. Don't want to send my baby in for a new Bluetooth chip. :(

I have had the same issue with my iMac...it's been driving me crazy for months...hope this fixes it.

Comment

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
Gotta try this one out - just yesterday I was freaked out to see my Wireless Mighty mouse move cursor around the screen without me asking it to...

Good timing - hopefully this fixes it.

Comment

jon08

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2008
Good stuff, just when I was about to make a purchase of the Apple wireless keybpard...:D Hopefully it will make the bluetooth connection so much stabler...:cool:

Comment

DeanCorp

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
I am so happy Apple have released this update. I have been having constant drop outs with my Bluetooth Keyboard/Mouse. I am using the Early 2009 Mac Pro. It seemed to always drop out when my Time Capsule would start a Time Machine backup.

Comment

Prenvo

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2009
United Kingdom

Yup I've started experiencing the same issue lately (never before) - hopefully this fixes it :D

Comment

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
I'll be trying this on my Mac mini media center. So far I haven't been able to get more than 4 feet away without the keyboard dropping out.

Comment

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
You can semi-solve this by disabling "allow BT devices to wake computer", but this is a bit of a pain if you use a BT mouse and keyboard and operate the computer in clamshell mode.
I've had my Bluetooth disabled for years and my MacBook will still wake at random. A SMC reset seems to have solved it for now but there are three recent threads on this waking issue and more so under 10.5.7.

Comment

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
When I had Bluetooth issues, the only thing that fixed it was taking it into an Apple Store and having them replace the Bluetooth card.

Symptoms were random disconnects of devices and the Bluetooth control application reporting there being no devices found.

It's worked flawlessly ever since then.

Comment

mreng

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2008
Alert for me

Got an Alert:
This computer does not need this update.

Maybe because it's a Cambridge Silicon Radio chipset not Broadcom!

Am a MacPro Early '08 :apple:

Comment

wschutz

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Updated
It's funny I had two disconnections right after checking MacRumors :) and I was happy to see one solution to the two problems I have with my uMBP...

Now... please Apple... fix this annoying random screen flickering, don't make me go to my local consumer's office...

Comment

RemarkabLee

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2007
Just installed the update on my '09 Mac Pro and now I cannot put the machine into sleep mode without it instantly waking up again!

I have the Mighty Mouse as the only active Bluetooth device and the Bluetooth prefpane has the 'allow bluetooth devices to wake this computer' option disabled.

Looking at the console, it shows the wake was caused by USB bus 0x5a, which is the Broadcom bluetooth controller, so I believe the firmware update is the cause :(

I've rebooted twice and used both the menu option and the keyboard shortcut to initiate the sleep, but it still wakes up right after.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.