Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ph001bi

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
London
Public beta just came on line for me.
Yes, and Acrobat has stopped crashing. I use this thing several times a day, the last month was a nightmare. I've also noticed that Opera has updated their browser and the VPN switch is back, and Microsoft has just updated Office365, the modern view in Outlook no longer cuts the calendar in half. Happy days.

Reactions: ImaxGuy

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Would love to learn how you do that. My inboxI can choose By: I have my set to Date Received but I've played around and dont see groupings by today, yesterday, last week, last month.. would love that!! Any tips, please share.

For Outlook?

ejfontenot

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2008
Texas
Yeah - mine was working fine after updating to the Big Sur and watchOS betas until I unpaired and re-paired my series 5 with my iPhone 11 to try and fix a battery drain in one of the watchOS betas and now it won’t reconnect for unlock with apple watch. Sits there thinking for about 30 seconds before telling me it can’t communicate with the watch.
iPhone 11 is on iOS 14 release version, watch is on watchOS 7 release version and Mac (late 2013 MacBook Pro) is on big sur beta 8 but also had this issue on beta 6 and 7.
Same here. I got a phone replacement and hasn’t worked since. I wonder what the issue is. I have tried a ton of things.

marshall2553

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2010
lol yep, it's like Linux icons from the 90s.

btw, with iCloud Drive Desktop/Documents enabled, have you noticed that the Documents and Desktop folders are no longer in the home (~) folder in Big Sur?
Wow, yes! Same for me. Now they are hidden.
Interesting update, apparently so that people do not get confused where is which folder, (it was as 2 the same folders on different places as you correctly noted). But I don't know a single person who was confused about that in Catalina :D
I'm not sure this is new. I'm still on Catalina and my iCloud Drive Documents and Desktop folders are not shown in my home folder in Finder.

Springman

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2013
Yes, I have the same. It differs, though. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it's seems like there's a short delay.
I had the same problem and unpaired/re-paired my magic keyboard yesterday afternoon (before I installed the beta) and it seems to be better - but not sure if that is due to re-pairing or the new beta.

Stevez67

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2016
Iowa
I have a 2015 MacBook Pro 8GB/256GB and installed Big Sur Beta 8. Previous betas had been rock solid. This morning I discovered that when I open system preferences and click on Desktop/Screensaver, the system preferences window locks up (spinning beach ball) and never recovers; I have to force quit system preferences (I waited 5 minutes and force quit screen lists system preferences as not responding). Other preferences inside system preferences seem to work normally. Also, tapping the track pad doesn't always wake my laptop from sleep, but tapping the space bar does. Both bugs filed with Apple using the app.

jeffjank33

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2016
Same here. I got a phone replacement and hasn’t worked since. I wonder what the issue is. I have tried a ton of things.
I posted earlier,
Posted earlier, I had this problem for about 4 of the betas and couldn't get it fixed. I was able to fix it on Beta 7 and its still working properly now with Beta 8.

Unpair watch from iphone - log iphone out of icloud - log iphone back into icloud - pair watch - this fixed it for me, I didn't even have to reboot mac before getting it to work. Was all changes on the watch and iphone..

Reactions: ejfontenot

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
Yes, in Outlook, ... i dont see a where where it categorizes my inbox by today, yesterday, this week, last week, month, etc..

Make sure it's checked off the way it is in this pic.
Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 10.33.44 AM.png

ateslik

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2008
this beta fixed the kernel crash while using Acrobat for me. Cool. Hoping it fixes my airpods disconnecting constantly too.

Reactions: jpsalazar

jeffjank33

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2016
Anyone having an issue with Microsoft Teams, the notifications show a blank pop-up. Makes the notifcations somewhat useless.

Interestingly a co-worker on a 13" MBP isn't having the issue, I am on the MPB 16". Not sure if its a video card issue or what..

Reactions: johnalan

paulmic1981

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2020
Unfortunately when i updated to Big Sur public beta 8, im stuck in a reboot loop... was working perfectly on public beta 7

paulmic1981

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2020
Sigh, after updating from public beta 7 to 8, reboot loop when trying to log in....

/sorry about the duplicate message

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.