Apple Releases First Beta of macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 to Public Beta Testers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 28, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today released the first beta of an upcoming macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 update to developers, one day after seeding the update to developers and a few days after releasing the new High Sierra operating system to the public.

Beta testers who have signed up for Apple's beta testing program will be able to download the new macOS High Sierra beta through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store.

[​IMG]

Those who want to be a part of Apple's beta testing program can sign up to participate through the beta testing website, which gives users access to iOS, macOS, and tvOS betas.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 appears to focus primarily on bug fixes, performance improvements, security enhancements, and other under-the-hood updates. No major outward-facing features were found in the developer beta.

macOS High Sierra is an update that's designed to improve and refine macOS Sierra. Along with a new, more efficient file system designed for modern storage, the update introduces High Efficiency Video Encoding (HEVC aka H.265).

Many apps have small tweaks and feature updates in High Sierra. Photos features a new persistent side view and editing tools for Curves, Selective Color, and Live Photos, while Safari offers a new autoplay blocking feature for videos and Intelligent Tracking Prevention to protect your privacy.

Full details on all of the new features in macOS High Sierra can be found in our macOS High Sierra roundup.

Article Link: Apple Releases First Beta of macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 to Public Beta Testers

2. Dainin macrumors regular

3. slagathor001 macrumors regular

Does this fix the play/pause button issue? Its incredibly glitchy, mostly doesnt work

4. BuCkDoG macrumors 6502

Hoping this will resolve my USB Headset input issue where High Sierra no longer sees it as available for input

5. bladerunner2000 macrumors 68000

bladerunner2000

Did they fix the vulnerability that was exposed on day one of High Sierra's release date?

6. Steve121178 macrumors 601

Steve121178

You would hope so...

7. UL2RA Suspended

They'll probably get around to it in another few years.

8. ItWasNotMe macrumors 6502

Lets also hope it fixes Yahoo Mail, e.g.:

1. Can't always delete mails
    2. Drafts get left in that folder, multiple copies per mail, even when the mail has been sent

9. lobo1978 macrumors 6502

lobo1978

Hmmm, yes MacOSX is soooo buggy. I think I will switch to windows now...

You people. Always negative.

Apart from crappy MS Office I do not have issues whatsoever.

10. Milltek macrumors regular

Milltek

11. georgeedwardg macrumors newbie

georgeedwardg

17B25c for me.

12. joueboy macrumors 65816

Either way you're still vulnerable if you're still using Sierra. So it may take awhile before Apple would fix it, just don't download app installer outside AppStore.

13. belvdr macrumors 603

I don't have issues with Office whatsoever. LOL ;)

14. paulywalnuts23 macrumors newbie

You still you Yahoo Mail. Talk about a security issue..

15. Passels macrumors member

Update does not fix Adobe Indesign Cursor rendering problem. Very disappointing its taking Apple/Adobe so long to fix this.

16. Haiku_Oezu, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017

Haiku_Oezu macrumors newbie

Haiku_Oezu

Anyone else getting this update without being enrolled in the beta program?
    EDIT: Nevermind, apparently I had enabled the option to show me beta updates at some point...

17. DailySlow macrumors member

DailySlow

I have like, app menu windows pop open then shut immediately - cannot access options that are revealed for a second or two.

18. Milltek macrumors regular

Milltek

Ooops!!!

19. Hodar1 macrumors member

Hodar1

In the middle of the Rocky Mountains, for now.
    Anxiously awaiting APFS support for Fusion and regular HDDs.

20. Applebot1 macrumors 6502a

I've decided to wait a while until I upgrade to High Sierra. Just seems a lot more bugs than usual reading what everyone is reporting.

21. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

No issues whatsoever with graphics, APFS, apps or anything else.

iOS though. Buggy as hell.

22. chucker23n1 macrumors 68000

chucker23n1

What MS Office issues?

23. UL2RA Suspended

I was being quite serious. They've gone years without fixing bugs before. And this big bug apparently affects several versions of macOS. Nowhere in my post did I mention switching to Windows.

24. ersan191 macrumors 6502a

For some reason in High Sierra they made the play/pause, back, and forward media keys work with the most recently used application (for instance watching a YouTube video in Safari) instead of leaving them as global hotkeys for iTunes. It's irritating and something I wish I could switch off.

25. SeaFox macrumors 68020

SeaFox

I'm still on El Capitan on my Mid-2010 Macbook and I have to take the machine apart to replace my keyboard here, so I think I'm going to upgrade the HDD to an SSD as well and then do a clean install after that. Might wait for a couple maintenance releases first, though.