Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chucker23n1

macrumors G3
Dec 7, 2014
Been running Dev beta 2 since last week and there are little bugs everywhere. Little things like notification badge counts not refreshing correctly and minor UI bugs like the calculator app than doesn't resize correctly when transitioning from scientific to normal view.
Not show stoppers, but I think a public beta is a bit premature.

Worse on this iPhone 8. Multiple Springboard crashes and several instances where I had to hard-reboot. And tons of glitches from wrong UI bounds to widgets getting stuck and the keyboard flat out not working.

Seems early for a public beta.

Reactions: rjohnstone

techfreak23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2013
I’m trying to get this right now but it looks like everyone else is too... I keep getting a 404 when I try to download the profile

Reactions: theapplehead

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
Yeah I was getting the 404 page too. Kept retrying and got it to to go through after about 5 times of refreshing it.

Reactions: IAmGLaDOS

dvdlovr24

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2008
Profile is downloaded for my iPad. Downloading the beta now and it is showing 45 minutes for a little over 3gb. Hopefully it doesn't get any slower.

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
Profile is downloaded for my iPad. Downloading the beta now and it is showing 45 minutes for a little over 3gb. Hopefully it doesn't get any slower.

Had the same show for my XR. That was 3 mins ago, now it shows 2 mins left :)

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
Finally got my beta profile downloaded but now it’s going to take 20 hours downloading iOS 13 :mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: decypher44

sammy2066

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
If this public beta is the same build as DP2, then god help Apple. No way DP2 is even remotely close to being a daily driver. The ‘thrillseeker’ warning with the DP builds is almost comically misleading too. If they want the ‘public’ to test this, it needs to be a significantly newer (and stable) build vs. the current DP2 - otherwise, people are going to start losing it within minutes of installation when they realize core functionality (calls/reception, scrolling lists, dark mode anomalies, etc) is half baked, stock apps such as Mail are beyond broken, and the overall experience is ways off from what you would expect from a public beta.

CentralOffice

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Anyone running the developer beta care to speak about how Carplay works?
The UI is definitely more modern. You have the dual app view with Apple maps on left and audio app on right. All in all it's clean -- best feature IMO is apps now run independently from phone, so Waze stays open even if I close it on phone. A few bugs (resprings here and there) but highly usable for a beta.

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
Posts containing MAJOR bugs / battery issues, "Can this be used as a DAILY DRIVER" incoming!

Let the party begin! Good luck beta testers!

Overall, db2 is pretty stable, but yeah, they’ll be tons of the "major" bugs posts as it gets in the hands of even more people using different apps and settings.
Only the end user can decide if it’s stable enough to be their daily driver.

f12003_ga

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2015
Australia
Can you install public beta over DP with the profile? I need to know as i have so many bugs and it might fix my problem. Cheers.

jbryant705

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2011
Can you install public beta over DP with the profile? I need to know as i have so many bugs and it might fix my problem. Cheers.
Everyone has been saying it's the same as developer beta 2. So even if you could, it wouldn't fix any of your bugs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.