Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zoddino

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
What happened to lossless? I no longer find the lossless badge when controlling homepods or Apple TV 4K + homepods.

EDIT: it fixed automatically on its own after a while.

Last edited:

angelofioren

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2015
Mont-Saint-Hilaire, QC
I just learned a lesson. Update your phone to the latest iOS before updating HomePod OS. I did it the other way around and location services stopped working and it also signed me out of one of my homepods which was part of a pair and that was making it hard to figure out what the issue was. I had to go into the individual HomePod within the stereo pair. I think I fixed not though...

NMBob

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2007
New Mexico
On one hand it seems kinda sad that you have to pay to rent a user interface, but on the other hand does this mean they are going to get rid of the display altogether after they get rid of the power cord? :)

Biglethal69

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2019
Australia
Lol no it doesn’t. I can no longer say hey Siri turn off the living room tv. Broken. Hey Siri turn off the living room lights. Broken. Hey Siri set the upstairs temperature to anything. Broken. Everything is broken in HomeKit for iOS 15 since launch. Where have you been. I have my whole house in HomeKit and as soon as I updated to iOS 15 it all broke. I just spent 2000$ on a new LG tv that worked with Siri until I updated to iOS 15. iOS 15 has a broken HomeKit. I am so angry I spent all this money and everything worked perfectly in iOS 14 and iOS 15 broke everything I spent my hard earned money in and was so awesome when it worked. Now not so much.
Maybe your saying it wrong.
Ask for song cry me a river see if it plays.

mdekker

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2016
Hmmm broke homekit integration with my 2.0 HUE Bridge. Lamps still working in HUE app though.
After reset, lamps are no longer available in the Home app. When trying to reconnect Bridge to Home app, the HUE app does not react when bridge connecting button is pressed.

rhaezorblue

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012
A lot of HomeKit / Smart home problems can actually be attributed to incorrect or incompatible settings on your router. In the early days my ecobee kept becoming unresponsive in Homekit. In the end I learned things play a lot nicer when you assigned everything a reserved IP address in your advanced LAN settings of your router. Also some 2.4ghz smart cameras (Wyze) do not like 802.11ax / Wifi 6 mode. Sorry slight off topic :p

Reactions: Wilburx3

twistedpixel8

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2017
A lot of HomeKit / Smart home problems can actually be attributed to incorrect or incompatible settings on your router. In the early days my ecobee kept becoming unresponsive in Homekit. In the end I learned things play a lot nicer when you assigned everything a reserved IP address in your advanced LAN settings of your router. Also some 2.4ghz smart cameras (Wyze) do not like 802.11ax / Wifi 6 mode. Sorry slight off topic :p
Our HomeKit setups were working fine on iOS 14. They only stopped working on day 1 of iOS 15.

All my hubs and devices have DHCP reservations.

twistedpixel8

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2017
Exactly. Still happening in 15.2
Incredibly disappointing.
I might be onto something. I’ve been having an issue with my LIFX bulbs through HomeKit. Certain colors won’t set. It’s really odd, it’s like certain shades I try to choose with the picker, the long bar (for setting the brightness) changes to that color but its dot (in the 6 grid) does not. I wonder if this is what’s causing this.

Have you noticed the issue I described with any of your lights? I’m going to try and do some testing this week to see if it’s scenes with colors that used to work but now don’t. Because some of my scenes are fine.

Edit: don’t think it’s LIFX. Made a new scene that didn’t include LIFX lights and it still stalled. In fact it stalled even setting the scene. The whole thing is just messy right now and it seems creating new scenes doesn’t solve it.

Last edited:

AndyBMac

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2021
Please have Siri run a scene and report back.
I used to say hey Siri turn on or off the living room tv. Now she says I can’t find anything like that in your home but if you open home app it’s there and you can see the status and everything works by finger in the app but Siri won’t turn it on or off. I get from her I can’t do that or you don’t have anything in home like that or you must do one request at a time. Or would you like me to adjust the power. If I say yes or no she does nothing. Nothing I used on a daily basis works anymore except for pulling up a radio station or setting a pizza timer.

jacenskylo

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2017
I updated and now my HomePods are stuck at not playing so I can’t change songs and they won’t pair together either. What a disappointment.

Blowback

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2018
VA
On one hand it seems kinda sad that you have to pay to rent a user interface, but on the other hand does this mean they are going to get rid of the display altogether after they get rid of the power cord? :)
Ummm...wrong forum???

Blowback

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2018
VA
I updated and now my HomePods are stuck at not playing so I can’t change songs and they won’t pair together either. What a disappointment.
Sorry for your issues....after the 'Killer' update of lore I've learned to come to these forums and read before doing any updates of my OG Homepods. Guess I'll be waiting a day or two to see how things pan out. Hope you're able to resolve your issues.

Squuiid

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2006
How many HomePods can one have? One for each room?!
Two minis as speakers for my Mac mini.
The rest are OGs, a pair in the living room for AppleTV, one in the kids bedroom, one in the study and one in the en-suite bathroom. Nothing beats music in the shower. ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.