Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Mar 23, 2006
England
Why is my phone saying my software is up to date with 9.3.5?!

Because they don't want everyone to upgrade at the same time and crash their servers. It will show as an available update in the next few days when all the impatient must have it now brigade have finished upgrading.

Roque1128

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2011
Let's see.. iMessages were perfect, they were the most important feature keeping me with an iPhone.
Now it's just pure cr@p for a 5-year old.
Maps - never use them. No slide to open my phone - why? Just to mess up with something everyone likes?
Haven't noticed any other "changes"...
Well iMessages have been improved in my opinion. I love the handwriting.
I don't use maps that often, but have liked the improvements to it.
Most people use touchid so "slide to unlock" is no longer relevant. (I hate the slide to unlock btw)
And at the end of the day, if you don't like it, Samsung is always wanting new customers. No one made you buy an iPhone. Just my 2 cents.

bit_bucket

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Summerville, SC
What the actual heck. iPhone just bricked itself as well. That makes 2 devices screwed up by the OTA update and I have to try and restore to the older version now. I do not jailbreak and I did not preinstall the update. Just installed for the first time now. Come on apple. Appears since I hit update right after it hit the servers, I somehow got a corrupt install.

Anyone else having these issues?

TheJustAbout

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2010
UK
What the actual heck. iPhone just bricked itself as well. That makes 2 devices screwed up by the OTA update and I have to try and restore to the older version now. I do not jailbreak and I did not preinstall the update. Just installed for the first time now. Come on apple. Appears since I hit update right after it hit the servers, I somehow got a corrupt install.

Not this time, but I have had issues in the past.

morcutt11

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2015
USA
Doesn't this feel like a change just to change something?
No new ideas so let's add balloons to iMessages?
Yu p -that's it, there is nothing else. Well, except:
  • Siri updates
  • Maps updates
  • Photos updates
  • HomeKit app addition
  • Apple Music/iTunes update
  • New lock screen
  • New interactive notifications
  • Keyboard updates
  • Events and contacts pulled from mail
  • etc...
But yeah, just iMessage....

nia820

macrumors 68020
Jun 27, 2011

Yup. iPad Pro is bricked.

Reactions: iPadCary

aesc80

Cancelled
Mar 24, 2015

Looks like a number of us are. I'm running a rollback as we speak. Makes for some fun times, eh?

JetBlack7

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2011
Portugal
Installed iTunes update and now everytime I want to update an app, it takes me to the "conditions and stuff" page to accept and proceed, and then it says "Item not available", stating to make sure my date is correct and that I let my mac accept cookies for iTunes.

Anyone else?

Reactions: macsba

m.x

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2014
iOS 10 via iTunes 2,31GB (6s)
Took 5 minutes to download, I think Apple really stepped up their server game, really quick and hassle free!

Reactions: Ulisescm

Cancelled
Nov 8, 2011
How do you know this is the case? Just speculation? If you have some technical details, please share them with the rest of the forum :)

They are correct, but there is a technical reason for it.

Why M9?
Apple could have lowered system requirements for Raise to Wake, but has obviously decided against doing so as that would’ve resulted in a significantly increased power consumption because previous-generation motion coprocessors were not optimized for continual monitoring of the iPhone’s sensors in a power-efficient manner.

AtheistP3ace

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
Philly
yay!! downloading!! so excited. wasn't able to be in beta because of work and needing stable pace to test apps I was developing.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Same here on iPhone 6s. Waiting to see what the iTunes update does or doesn't do ;-)

-Kevin

Same. I'm really nervous. iTunes is at 2.29 of 2.47GB (35 seconds left). I really hope this works and I don't have to drive an hour to the Apple Store. lol.

bit_bucket

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2002
Summerville, SC
Apple needs to pull this release or see if they have a corrupt load on their CDN's. Brought my pad back from death and to 9.3.5 trying the iOS10 update again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.