Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cnick66qn9

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2020
Apple needs a section in their release notes called "These are the features we broke in this update..."

Their own Smart Stack widget is broken after the upgrade. The widget was really messed up at first. I deleted it and then re-added it to my list. It's sort of working now but photos is not -- just a blank, grey screen.

Pretty sad that Apple can't even make their own widget work after an upgrade.

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Does this update fix the issue where even when the screen is locked, if you get a call you don't have swipe to answer. Instead you have the answer or decline buttons.

smarks90

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
Akron, Ohio
Forgive me if this has been addressed or if I overlooked it in the patch notes, but any word of this fixes the messages/notification bug where you’d get a message but no notification?
fingers crossed! the release notes list:
This release also addresses the following issues:
-some Messages notifications may not be received.

I installed a couple hours ago and so far gotten all notifications. it's been a quiet message day so time will ultimately tell. Some of the beta testers had reported the last couple days that the beta did NOT fix it but hopefully some last minute change was implemented in the beta before this final release. the fact that it's spelled out in the notes is promising even if not totally fixed yet!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Does this update fix the issue where even when the screen is locked, if you get a call you don't have swipe to answer. Instead you have the answer or decline buttons.
I haven't tested this all that much yet, but based on a few calls I've received so far it seems like things are back to working as they are supposed to when it comes to that.

kellycherish

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2010
I was hoping this would fix spotlight search in my iPhone 12 Pro. But it’s still broken. I’ve tried everything except a clean wipe. Anyone have any ideas?

Reactions: Kimjongjohan

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Next week sometime will be plenty soon enough. I have the TVOS beta profile installed, of course, so the phone won't try to do it on its own.
I actually changed my mind when I read about the cardio health feature in watchOS 6.2 (VO2max didn't work with any workout other than walk/run and I do cycling 99.8% of the time) ... so now on 14.3 and 6.2 :cool:

iEric007

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2007
Orange County, California
Noone mentioned that here but it's too early to know my friend. I am having also the same bug. They are slow at fixing critical bugs but so eager to release new emoticons.

Not sure if I am going crazy, but in the "Learn More" tab on the update, it now says: "This release also addresses the following issues: Some Messages notifications may not be received."

Am I crazy?

IMG_0063.PNG

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Apple needs a section in their release notes called "These are the features we broke in this update..."

Their own Smart Stack widget is broken after the upgrade. The widget was really messed up at first. I deleted it and then re-added it to my list. It's sort of working now but photos is not -- just a blank, grey screen.

Pretty sad that Apple can't even make their own widget work after an upgrade.
Hold down the screen until you get Jiggle mode, remove the Smart Stack.
Hit "+" and add it again.

I had nothing in my Smart Stack also, but by removing it, re-adding it, seemed to correct the problem

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Hm, was trying to send the RAW photo to Google Drive, but that kept crashing. (It has no problem with a JPEG though)

So I tried email, the single RAW photo is..whoa 40mb! (I'm used to RAW, the photos I take from my trusty old Canon 5D run about 25-28MB each)

Could be why? Although I can send 50-70MB video files to Google Drive from the phone.

IMG_1303.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1306.jpeg
    IMG_1306.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 35

Davidglenn

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2014
The person height measurement while it now 'works' in the measure app (iPhone 12 pro) it is inaccurate. Not sure how I can lose 3 cm in under a minute. Standing in the same spot but inaccurate reading.

• Haha
Reactions: Big Ron

simon lefisch

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2014
Does this update fix the Car Play bug where it would crash and disrupt the entire Honda infotainment system? I really hope Apple fixed that because that is dangerous.

I have a 2020 Civic Si and I’ve never had an issue with CarPlay crashing the head unit.

bezoss

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2019
Not sure if I am going crazy, but in the "Learn More" tab on the update, it now says: "This release also addresses the following issues: Some Messages notifications may not be received."

Am I crazy?

View attachment 1694259
You drive me crazy mate! LOL!

When did they add this note about the notifications?? what is happening? ahahaha
I exchanged a lot of iMessages yesterday night. All the notifications were working. So let's see.....

I wonder when they will fix the iTunes not to bring Error 4000.

Thanks mate

robvalentine

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2014
Anyone else's upgrade taking ages? Mines been stuck at a full bar for about half an hour. pressing a kley comes up with iphone will restart once upgrade completes

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Best phone I’ve owned in years. If you don’t mind charging a little bit during the day, which I did with all phones, this phone is AWESOME! Got it for free from TMo by trading in an i8 that I bought for $150.
Sprint has the same deal except they told me I have to buy another line and change my plan to get this. Nope.:confused:
I guess I’ll keep driving my work iPhone 8 Plus 256 a little bit more.

TheMountainLife

macrumors regular
May 24, 2015
FYI this broke dual sim for me on my 11 pro max. My T-Mobile e-sim is stuck on “searching”. If I’m on WiFi it then it says “T-Moble Wi-Fi” but with no signal bars. Restarting the phone didn’t work or cycling the cellular switch. My physical Verizon sim seems to be working fine.

Im going to have to call T-Mobile and get it reactivated ?

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Update on my 12 Pro Max was fast, flawless last night.

iPadOS 14.3 this morning (Tues.)....well...after 30 min, its STILL on "Preparing Update," the status bar stuck around 90% "Preparing?" ?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I haven't tested this all that much yet, but based on a few calls I've received so far it seems like things are back to working as they are supposed to when it comes to that.

Maybe I spoke too soon, just had a call come in while my phone was asleep and locked, and it showed up as if the phone was unlocked (with the answer and decline buttons rather than the slider).

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I ended the day battery wise on 9% which was the lowest since I got my pro max which has been on 30-40% most nights....I did do a lot of pro raw photos so maybe thats why battery wasn't as good...still got 7 hours screen time though

Apple Watch battery life seems better even after a 3.5 mile walk and a fitness+ workout

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.