Apple Releases iOS 9.0.1 for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released a version of iOS 9.0.1 designed for its newest devices, the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus. iOS 9.0.1 was initially seeded to the public yesterday, but that version of the software did not include support for the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus.

Customers who receive an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus tomorrow will need to update to the new operating system after unboxing their devices, as they will presumably ship with iOS 9.0 installed.

iOS 9.0.1 is a minor software update that was released one week after the public launch of iOS 9. It includes several bug fixes, including a fix for an issue that prevented some users from upgrading their iPhones to iOS 9 because of an unresponsive "Slide to Upgrade" dialog.

There are just a few hours to go until the iPhone 6s launch kicks off in New Zealand. Once 8:00 a.m. rolls around in the country, iPhone 6s pre-order deliveries will begin. The first Apple Store sales will begin a couple hours later as 8:00 a.m. hits in Australia. In the United States, retail stores will open at 8:00 a.m. local time and pre-order deliveries will start at 9:00 a.m.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 9.0.1 for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
Yeah, I don't think you can restore a backup from a newer version to an older version. So a lot of people are going to be confused tomorrow when they can't restore their 9.0.1 backup to their 9.0 iPhone 6S that has been sitting at a shipment facility for nearly a week and hasn't received the upgrade. Has Apple ever sent out an update to a brand-new iOS before the iPhone shipped? Seems like it has the potential to confuse a lot more people this way. Although it should clearly tell them they need to upgrade first, so hopefully it goes smoothly.

Reactions: nunes013

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
Yes confused by this to. I know ITunes can update and then install your back up..

But if I have an icloud backup on 9.01 will my 9.0 update out of the box on WiFi.

I actually kept my 9.0 Icloud back-up and turned it off.

vmistery

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2010
UK
Looking forward to having mine arrive I have to admit. But do I restore the backup from my old 5 or use the move from android feature...

ThinkDifferent.

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2012
USA
Thank goodness. The stress of the original 9.0 release has given me walking nightmares, street terrors, diabetes and hysterical pregnancy. I had to downgrade back to iOS 8 just to sleep through the night.

Whoops, didn't realize this was for the 6S, I was referring to my 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: KentuckyApple

JosephAW

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2012
How about releasing iTunes 11.5 for OSX desktops 2009 and newer like you support Windows XP and higher!

vmistery

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2010
UK
How about releasing iTunes 11.5 for OSX desktops 2009 and newer like you support Windows XP and higher!
Does Apple really support XP? I'm sure that was released in 2001!

EDIT: Apparently they don't support it now on XP.

Last edited:

tahoe94

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2015
Still doesn't fix the celluar setting. slides back to off

Apple today released a version of iOS 9.0.1 designed for its newest devices, the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus. iOS 9.0.1 was initially seeded to the public yesterday, but that version of the software did not include support for the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus.

Customers who receive an iPhone 6s or 6s Plus tomorrow will need to update to the new operating system after unboxing their devices, as they will presumably ship with iOS 9.0 installed.

iOS 9.0.1 is a minor software update that was released one week after the public launch of iOS 9. It includes several bug fixes, including a fix for an issue that prevented some users from upgrading their iPhones to iOS 9 because of an unresponsive "Slide to Upgrade" dialog.

There are just a few hours to go until the iPhone 6s launch kicks off in New Zealand. Once 8:00 a.m. rolls around in the country, iPhone 6s pre-order deliveries will begin. The first Apple Store sales will begin a couple hours later as 8:00 a.m. hits in Australia. In the United States, retail stores will open at 8:00 a.m. local time and pre-order deliveries will start at 9:00 a.m.

Article Link: Apple Releases iOS 9.0.1 for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus[/QUOTE]
Very much needed bugs fixes.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Reminds me of iOS 7.0.1 that was specifically only released for the 5c/5s in 2013 - people receiving their iPhones on the day of launch already had a software update to install!

Cam Johnson

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2015
UT
Where did someone get this screenshot? It has to be one of the early reviewers, no? Cause it isn't in public hands for another few hours....

darkfiber

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
Columbus, OH USA
...This came out yesterday afternoon.
As the article said, this is for the 6s.

"Apple today released a version of iOS 9.0.1 designed for its newest devices, the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus. iOS 9.0.1 was initially seeded to the public yesterday, but that version of the software did not include support for the iPhone 6s and the iPhone 6s Plus."

goobot

macrumors 603
Jun 26, 2009
long island NY
Yeah, I don't think you can restore a backup from a newer version to an older version. So a lot of people are going to be confused tomorrow when they can't restore their 9.0.1 backup to their 9.0 iPhone 6S that has been sitting at a shipment facility for nearly a week and hasn't received the upgrade. Has Apple ever sent out an update to a brand-new iOS before the iPhone shipped? Seems like it has the potential to confuse a lot more people this way. Although it should clearly tell them they need to upgrade first, so hopefully it goes smoothly.
iPhone 5s did this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.