Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yayarod

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2018
Buenos Aires, ARGENTINA
I hope it fixes the problem in Safari. I my case it closed the over 40 tabs I had been opening during a year and after this, from around 10 tabs I opened afterwards, all but two were closed again.
What I can confirm is that iPadOS 13.2.2 solves (for now at least) Apple’s never ending problem: AirPlay playback after the screen locks. I have been testing this with iPadOS 13.2.2 and it “seems” to be working as expected.

audiomixer

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2007
Idaho
Bcc contacts in the mail app still won’t propagate Like on the CC line. Wonder if anyone reads the feedback left with Apple?

LV426

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2013
Oops, there’s a bug in this version of Safari on iOS. It’s happened three times since I upgraded...

Opening Safari, all my favourite bookmark icons show as usual, except several of them flicker on and off at high speed. Most bizarre. Doesn’t go away until Safari is killed off with an up-swipe.

IG88

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2016
FYI. They are releasing weekly/bi-weekly bug fixes because their dev team is agile. expect this process to continue. You are welcome.
You want me to thank them for quickly fixing something that they broke themselves in the last update? Especially with how buggy iOS 13 has been to date? Sorry, I don't feel very thankful in that type of scenario.

Baymowe335

Suspended
Oct 6, 2017
It's not that Microsoft got better, they got worse. But the thing is Apple got much worse, much faster, to the point they make Microsoft look good, particularly on the neglected macOS platform.
Let’s be serious...Microsoft is probably the worst it’s been since Office 2007, particularly in the Office Suite. My God Excel is unstable. The Windows 10 file explorer is an abomination.

Meanwhile, Apple products have their bugs, but Apple fixes them...almost too Quickly which is why there are so many updates.

Microsoft products update constantly but never seem to improve stability. I can’t even tell you exactly what’s wrong with it because it just freaking shuts down programs without notice.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
I never remembered a time when software works great and forever, except with pc-dos.

Software since its inception up to around 2005 at least, was released on CD and you would install it and works great until the next big upgrade. Some software was more unstable than others, but on the OS X side, almost all software was pretty solid.

Basically nothing that broke your daily workflow and made using the software harder. Good software still exists, I never had much issues with Transmission, VLC, Handbrake, Carbon Copy Cloner, 1Password...etc.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Software since its inception up to around 2005 at least, was released on CD and you would install it and works great until the next big upgrade. Some software was more unstable than others, but on the OS X side, almost all software was pretty solid.

Basically nothing that broke your daily workflow and made using the software harder. Good software still exists, I never had much issues with Transmission, VLC, Handbrake, Carbon Copy Cloner, 1Password...etc.
I personally have not had much issue with iOS 13. That said there is a difference between minor irritations and data loss / reboot that people are claiming to experience. The latter I haven’t experienced since iOS 8 days and even then rarely.

Last edited:

definitive

macrumors 68020
Aug 4, 2008
Does this update fix the Mail bug which would auto open an old email every time you opened the Mail app?

cashinstinct

macrumors member
Jun 16, 2011
iOs 13.2.2 fixed the bug that was on iOS 13.2.0 that some third party apps were still using cellular data even when blocking cellular data for these apps in Settings / Cellular.

good stuff, can’t help myself using Twitter otherwise :)

FlyingDutch

macrumors 65816
Aug 21, 2019
Eindhoven (NL)
PC, Tablets/convertibles, Windows Server, Hyper-V, Azure. Xbox, Hololens. Office, Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, SfB/Teams. Outlook.com (Hotmail), Bing. Office 365, Intune. .NET (C#, VB), ASP.NET, IIS, SQL Server, Azure DevOps. Dynamics.
It is a mess, not an ecosystem.

every time I see someone putting Microsoft and tablets in the same sentence this is my reaction: ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Reactions: GalileoSeven

DENZIE

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2007
The background refresh bug is not fixed for me (iPhone 8). Actually, I'm pretty sure it got worse.
Plus one on this for another iPhone 8. It’s better than before, but still see way more fresh launches of apps than iOS <13.2. Today while in CarPlay google maps, I switched to choose music and when switching back maps had completely relaunched and had no directions.

31 Flavas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2011
You want me to thank them for quickly fixing something that they broke themselves in the last update? Especially with how buggy iOS 13 has been to date? Sorry, I don't feel very thankful in that type of scenario.
I thank Microsoft for updates that fail to update, updates that failed to an update, which itself failed to update an update that decided to just delete all my files because they broke something in a regular update which should have been beta tested - but apparently they only fix bugs if they get enough repeated media attention.

^^BIGMac

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2009
Still think something is fishy.

Cant put my finger on it yet. But yeah not convinced this bug had been eradicated. :(

IG88

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2016
I thank Microsoft for updates that fail to update, updates that failed to an update, which itself failed to update an update that decided to just delete all my files because they broke something in a regular update which should have been beta tested - but apparently they only fix bugs if they get enough repeated media attention.
Whatabout-isms. How good or bad M$ has been lately is not relevant. They don't even make a mobile OS. By Apple's own standards, even compared to iOS 11, iOS 13 has been a **** show. I don't care what Android is doing, M$, etc.

Reactions: Already in use

nt5672

macrumors 68040
Jun 30, 2007
Midwest USA
I think anyone who’s ever been involved with software development will know just how easy it is to miss something in a vast sea of code.
Amplify that by the sheer volume of people working on iOS, the many different departments and just how difficult it can be to coordinate all of them into one single, perfect software release.

Unfortunately, a lot of people who have never experienced software development, in my experience at least, seem to think it’s as simple as flicking a switch to sort out problems.
I’m not saying everyone of course, I had an app which at one point had more lines of code than there are words in the bible, for a one-man team, that can be a lot to manage. Thankfully, when a problem did arise, many of my customers sent me emails expressing their support and understanding, saying how difficult it must be - there were of course those who were quite the opposite and expected you to find, fix and release an update within a day, because that’s realistic.

Well my experience is that this view, "its too complicated and we cannot expect to get it right" is put forward for 2 reasons.

1) The software developers are mediocre at best, or
2) The software developers are not given the time to get the code correct.

Both of these are correctable! Now, I agree that these excuses are popular, but without expectations for improvement it will never get better.

Usually these excuses are popular with software developers that graduated in the bottom half of their classes or by software developers that don't understand how to organize code and make it maintainable. Just look at all of the code on GitHub to see how developers routinely turn out bad code.

Remember, these are the same software developers using the same poor software quality excuses that are now developing self driving cars and space vehicles. You really think that is OK to release code with major bugs?

And yes, I have been paid to develop crap code because the company did not want to spend the money to get it right the first time, and been paid to develop code that failure would have resulted in 10s of thousands of lives being lost. So I know that developing good code is, in fact, possible with reasonable management and resources.

Of course without expectation, good code is simply NOT possible.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well my experience is that this view, "its too complicated and we cannot expect to get it right" is put forward for 2 reasons.

Both of these are correctable! Now, I agree that these excuses are popular, but without expectations for improvement it will never get better.

Usually these excuses are popular with software developers that graduated in the bottom half of their classes or by software developers that don't understand how to organize code and make it maintainable. Just look at all of the code on GitHub to see how developers routinely turn out bad code.

Remember, these are the same software developers using the same poor software quality excuses that are now developing self driving cars and space vehicles. You really think that is OK to release code with major bugs?

And yes, I have been paid to develop crap code because the company did not want to spend the money to get it right the first time, and been paid to develop code that failure would have resulted in 10s of thousands of lives being lost. So I know that developing good code is, in fact, possible with reasonable management and resources.

There’s little excuse for not writing good code, of that I don’t dispute at all. I agree there’s probably a lot of bad code floating around, the reasons for which are anyone’s guess.

But I don’t expect that from Apple at all, I’d like to think they weed out the, let’s say less capable coders, on a semi-regular basis.

I do think time is probably an issue with the state of iOS 13 at the moment, but I still wouldn’t rule out the impact of bad management. I’ve seen it many times before, the time constraints are obviously going to be coming from management, as far as I’m concerned a sin in itself - far better to take the time needed and get it right.
But there’s all the inter-departmental bickering, competition and all the other nonsense that affects a well coordinated product. I’d be very surprised to say the least if Apple were immune to all of the corporate claptrap that effects the overall state of a product.

Last edited:

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland

There’s little excuse for not writing good code, of that I don’t dispute at all. I agree there’s probably a lot of bad code floating around, the reasons for which are anyone’s guess.

But I don’t expect that from Apple at all, I’d like to think they weed out the, let’s say less capable coders, on a semi-regular basis.

I do think time is probably an issue with the state of iOS 13 at the moment, but I still wouldn’t rule out the impact of bad management. I’ve seen it many times before, the time constraints are obviously going to be coming from management, as far as I’m concerned a sin in itself - far better to take the time needed and get it right.
But there’s all the inter-departmental bickering, competition and all the other nonsense that affects a well coordinated product. I’d be very surprised to say the least if Apple were immune to all of the corporate claptrap that effects the overall state of a product.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Doesn't quite seem like there's much reporting of that here, at least no more than more or less any other update. It wouldn't be surprising that there's really nothing in particular that is widespread or anything like that, but some people, as is the case with various updates and devices, are experiencing something atypical when it comes to battery usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.