• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
What am I missing? Hasn't OS 4.0 been out to devs for a while?

Comment

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
AH! Ok, I thought this was just another pointless thread ... OS 4.0 Beta 4 is new.

Comment

nistromo

macrumors member
Jan 27, 2009
Manchester, UK
Can you post them?

liot.jpg

Comment

James.123

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2009
Everyone post new features/ bug fixes... Any new word on new features/ bug fixes for the 3G users especially?

Comment

JCCL

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

This is the 4th beta of os4. Now the million dollar question? Can you install this from Windows?

Comment

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Releases iPhone OS 4 Beta 4 and SDK to Developers

https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

204611-liot.jpg

New iPhone OS 4 wallpaper option (Source: forum post by nistromo)
Apple is keeping its developers busy today: Alongside a new build of Mac OS X 10.6.4, Apple has also released the fourth beta version of iPhone OS 4 and the associated software development kit (SDK). The release is not much of a surprise given that Apple has taken to biweekly releases of its iPhone development tools and today marks two weeks since the release of the third beta version.

Available to registered developers via the iPhone Dev Center, the third beta is a refinement of the operating system and developer tools initially released in early April alongside a media event to introduce the next-generation software for Apple's iPhone OS devices. No details on changes in the new version have yet been documented beyond new wallpaper options, but those with access to the beta are undoubtedly already digging for information.

Apple is expected to publicly release iPhone OS 4 to iPhone and iPod touch users "this summer", although early models of those devices will not be compatible with the new OS and even some newer models will not be able to take advantage of all of the features. iPhone OS 4 will come to the iPad "in the fall".

Article Link: Apple Releases iPhone OS 4 Beta 4 and SDK to Developers

Comment

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I must say I love the thumbnails in the folders. That's a really nice touch.

Comment

Xavier

Contributor
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
So i take it that iPhone 4 lets you customize the background? (I have not been keeping up to date on iPhone releases)

Comment

DeeGee48

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Havertown, Pa
New Beta .... OS 4 ..... Fall Changes?

Well we know iPods refresh in the fall. And we're told the iPad will get OS 4 then also. Now, any ideas on possible hardware changes/upgrades for the iPod touch and the iPad? The latter will be at the six month point in September. Might Apple surprise us? "Oh, and one more thing...." :p

Comment

James.123

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2009
homescreen wallpaper for 3G users? or smoother folder opening for 3G users? or fixed digital zoom for 3G users? hmmm

Comment

ranReloaded

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
Tokyo
Well we know iPods refresh in the fall. And we're told the iPad will get OS 4 then also. Now, any ideas on possible hardware changes/upgrades for the iPod touch and the iPad? The latter will be at the six month point in September. Might Apple surprise us? "Oh, and one more thing...." :p

The next iPod Touch should be analogue to the iPhone HD. Any thoughts?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.